DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:53:10 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone know about HDD enclosures? (Read 6039 times)
traci

View Profile Email
traci phones it in,
 « on: February 28, 2008, 11:26:20 PM »
I was wondering if anyone could help me troubleshoot whats wrong with my setup for the HDD or confirm that the enclosure is infact broken.

Basically I think my HDD enclosure is broken, or HDL Dumb(program for transferring games onto ps2 HDD) is being a big jerk and randomly not working... but I'm pretty sure it's HDD enclosure.

Basically, I set up the enclosure (I can never remember how to have the jumper pin for an external HDD so I try it in all positions, including out) and my computer never recognizes it (I don't think it does normally though- since its a ps2 formatted drive)

And HDL Dumb doesn't recognize it either(which is normally does)....

Oh also the Light is Green.... I don't remember what Green means.... I think The Hard drive is connected but not to the computer?
I know Red means everything is good.

PS: I know the Red Light/Green light defies everything about logic.

Any tidbit of information would help at this point, thank you.

traci has 97 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 12:56:41 PM »
If its just standard adapter/cosmetic type inclosure, just pick one up at the store if you can locally, and return it if it doesn't work out. If you just want access to the PS2 I'd recommend networking it in any case. Though buying the special adapter might be pricey, I'm not sure. The newer models have an RJ45 port built in afaik.

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
traci

View Profile Email
traci phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 09:40:30 PM »
Quote from: yksehtniycul;6943
If its just standard adapter/cosmetic type inclosure, just pick one up at the store if you can locally, and return it if it doesn't work out. If you just want access to the PS2 I'd recommend networking it in any case. Though buying the special adapter might be pricey, I'm not sure. The newer models have an RJ45 port built in afaik.

Thank-you for the advice, yeah the usb thing is just to connect it to my laptop, I have an old ps2 so I can put it directly into the network adapter :)

traci has 97 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: