DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:27:18 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Magna Carta: Crimson Stigmata (Read 12771 times)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « on: November 14, 2005, 08:40:26 PM »
Or if you prefer, "Tears of Blood." It's suppose to come out tomorrow in the states. Anyone planning on getting it?

And if you have no clue what I'm talking about: http://www.atlus.com/magna_carta

+ Artwork done by Hyung Tae Kim~
+ Pretty FMVs...
- Battle system takes time getting used to.
- Horrid opening song(but I didn't like the KR or JP ones either).
- Voice acting is horrible. I have a friend who's playing it and she says the voices are pretty bad despite the clips they have on the main page.^^;
- Story is too cliche(but this runs in ALL RPGs these days.)

I heard the KR and JP versions had a few bugs in them so maybe they fixed them for the ENG version?

There's also going to be a re-make of the JP version for the PSP. Heard lots of improvements and goods will be added: http://www.magnacarta.jp/mcp

And Magna Carta 2 for the Xbox 360: http://www.magnacarta.jp/topics/newrelease.html
Because oh yes, I'm going to waste about $600 for the console and probably $80 or so for the game. *rolls eyes*

"I'll grab the stars if you want them..."

Argilla has 291 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 09:13:22 PM »
I've not really bothered to keep up on it. I recognized the artwork from other things in the past... I like the style, but it's really repetitive after all of this time.

I'm surprised the voice work is that bad considering Atlus's track record recently.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Kurosu
The Dude

View Profile WWW Email
kei_kurosu@hotmail.com
Kurosu phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 07:48:48 AM »
The only thing I didn't like about this game from the jp experience was the fact that you only control one person while the others stand still waiting to die.  I'm getting it though (xp) but I'm sure most of my time will be on Dragon Quest VIII.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 10:50:23 AM by Kurosu »

Kurosu has 12 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 10:11:43 PM »
I remember reading an interview about how Atlus USA was split up into teams. So maybe the people who worked on MC weren't on the same team with the people who worked on DDS. I was really surprised how horrible the VA was in this one...x_x;

Kusuro, you have the Japanese version? XD Why were no videos ripped for us to see?! Haha, I'm just kidding.

Kurosu
The Dude

View Profile WWW Email
kei_kurosu@hotmail.com
Kurosu phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 10:44:46 PM »
No capture card at the time XD
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 10:48:21 PM by Kurosu »

Kurosu has 12 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 12:37:34 AM »
*thinks Kurosu should capture videos*^^ Have you gotten it yet? How is it?

Nuu
I like blood

View Profile Email
Nuu phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 02:14:40 AM »
I'm actually not too interested in this game...
The story seems cliche, the voice-acting is horrendous, and... c'mon, admit it, Hyung Tae-Kim is pretty overwhored...

Nuu has 54 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Early Archer
Crystalline water

View Profile Email
Early Archer phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 09:48:34 AM »
Quote from: Argilla
...- Story is too cliche(but this runs in ALL RPGs these days.)...

That´s why we play Megami Tensei :blah:

And Magna Carta 2 for the Xbox 360: http://www.magnacarta.jp/topics/newrelease.html
Because oh yes, I'm going to waste about $600 for the console and probably $80 or so for the game. *rolls eyes*

lol! I remember seein a survey on the net from this year, and they found out that Dreamcast still sells more than XBOX in Japan. Not sure if it was true, but it´s funny anyway...

May fortune be with you.

Early Archer has 93 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 01:38:54 PM »
Yea, but when you think about it, look at one of Megaten's spin-off titles: Digital Devil Saga. Androgynous-looking main character with silver hair, dumbfounded heroine with amnesia, tribes at war...are people really trying these days with an original plot? *shrugs*^^;

I think HTK fans have pretty much dumbdowned. I remember about 4 or so years ago when War of Genesis and Magna Carta: PotA were released, there were tons of domains/blogs/etc using his artwork or had sites dedicated to the characters themselves(heck, even I had one). It was insane but the same could be said for Xenosaga(or rather, KOS-MOS) and the FF series.

As for Xbox, I'm surprised there wasn't much hype when the 360 was released here. I went to my local gaming store yesterday to check it out but surprisingly it didn't interest me much. Graphics are nice though~

Early Archer
Crystalline water

View Profile Email
 « Reply #9 on: November 24, 2005, 09:16:58 AM »
Yea, but when you think about it, look at one of Megaten's spin-off titles: Digital Devil Saga. Androgynous-looking main character with silver hair, dumbfounded heroine with amnesia, tribes at war...are people really trying these days with an original plot? *shrugs*^^;

I have to agree on that... DDS and Persona are kinda pop, compared to the main Megaten titles. Still better than most rpgs nowdays though...

May fortune be with you.

Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: November 26, 2005, 03:58:06 PM »
I have to agree about the series being better but who knows, maybe a new series might make a come back? Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the new Devil Summoner game but I think everyone's hype in it just died. x_x;

Early Archer
Crystalline water

View Profile Email
 « Reply #11 on: November 27, 2005, 05:43:28 AM »
I have to agree about the series being better but who knows, maybe a new series might make a come back? Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the new Devil Summoner game but I think everyone's hype in it just died. x_x;

I´m still interested, it´s just that I don´t care so much about the development news updown. I usually pay atenttion to when they say the game is being made and when it´s released, and not so much to anything in between.

May fortune be with you.

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: