DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:56:25 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona Encyclopedia Britannica (Read 21775 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 03:08:35 PM »
Bad image reference... that is, the second image (what I'm seeing) doesn't look like anything Megaten related at all! smug

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Kakizaki
Hikaru's wingman

View Profile Email
Kakizaki phones it in,
 « Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 03:49:14 PM »
Haha, oh wow. I actually own this book.

Now if only I could find a torrent of Devil Summoner World Guidance/Encyclopedia Britannica.

I actually own the DS one. Pretty damn nice. :)

Kakizaki has 312 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
Kandori
Lost Soul

View Profile
Kandori phones it in,
 « Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 08:33:42 PM »
that is, the second image (what I'm seeing) doesn't look like anything Megaten related at all!

Well, I picked it at random just to show what the book looks like from the inside.

But yeah, pictures of old armors and leather vests isn't megaten like at all. But in this particular page they are talking about an armor called "Byakuen no Yorui" which Kyouji can obtain in the game.

then in the second half of the page they give you a little reference data about armors in general, were they talk also about the origin of "Plate Armor" and "Chain Mail" in old greek and roman empires.

This is the format used in CB's "World Guidance" series of books.

Kandori has 19 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #18 on: October 08, 2008, 09:41:37 PM »
Seems like an odd thing to stick in a strategy guide. It looks like a card game that definitely isn't Megaten. Probably whatever the name was in the top left corner. I could've swore I read somewhere the book was supposedly put together by Atlus itself confused

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 10:35:58 PM »
It's not a strategy guide, it's just a whole bunch of inspirations and cross references to various things in the games themselves.  It's like a scrap book for the whole process.  They're actually pretty interesting if completely unnecessary.

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
Cho

View Profile Email
Cho phones it in,
 « Reply #20 on: October 09, 2008, 08:30:51 PM »
Now if only I could find a torrent of Devil Summoner World Guidance/Encyclopedia Britannica.

You mean this one..?

@_@

Yeah.  Actually I thought it had Soul Hackers information included, but apparently not? frown Oh well, thank you for scanning that in!

It's not a strategy guide, it's just a whole bunch of inspirations and cross references to various things in the games themselves.  It's like a scrap book for the whole process.  They're actually pretty interesting if completely unnecessary.

Yeah. Basically, they're like Wikipedia. Keep in mind these were published back before Wikipedia became the beast it is today.

Cho has 59 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: