DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:33:58 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We're shopping around for a new wiki host! (Read 8163 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « on: January 23, 2008, 04:04:41 AM »
Let's face it, this community is looking pretty dead on its legs. The administration is non-responsive -- fine for what it is, but no good for coordination with outworlders...

I've looked into different places to host a wiki. Wikidot looks really cool, but still has some room to grow. I've made a request with Wikia, but if they don't permit access to the install filetree, I would really rather not (update: they did not)

In any case, once we do find an ameniable situation, I think the new space will be called DBDB, and the klan started here will be reconstituted thusly. DBDB for Devil Busters Database, or just plain-old plural Devil Busters if you understand the quirky way Japanese creates plural words by repeating them twice.

So if Wikia doesn't work out. If anyone wants to step up and lend a host/install and give us full access/admin privileges, we'll be happy to work with you!

I'm sorry, but I've just lost all faith in this community after so long in its midst.

We should also have cooperation from other large klans in the effort. But I want to keep the DDDB klan concept together for all newcomers.

editted: I guess it would be cooler to have a unique user base. As opposed to sharing usernames with every wiki in a massive cluster of wikis!

« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 05:14:00 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Jose
Jose phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 11:20:38 AM »
I have sent you a PM regarding this issue.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 06:53:24 PM »
A week ago Jose agreed without reservation to host the collective wiki. Lot's of people are enthusiastic to get the ball rolling, however we are waiting to hear back from Jose and apologize on his behalf for any delay.

Atm about four or five public wikis have been created by various parties. Most of whom I think are generally interested if not excited about the idea of a common effort. I've largely advocated giving Jose a chance to make good, but people are growing somewhat impatient. I really don't mind waiting a little longer myself -- on the other hand I fail to understand the necessity of a prolonged delay.

At any rate -- If no action is taken within a week, I will begin making arrangements for the wiki to be hosted elswhere without regard for digitaldevildb.com.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 12:22:37 AM »
For the record, we've heard back from Jose, and the news is something should be up sometime (maybe soonish) -- which is about all I can add at this point :)

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 04:45:20 AM »
We finally have a host:

http://dbdb.digitaldevildb.com/

Not much of use just yet, but there is a fairly sophisticated clock you might find handy. Don't go linking it however, as we haven't exactly contacted the original author regarding sharing/hacking atm :)

PS: Also if you would, please let us know if the Tokyo time is incorrect on your system. We have a report of the Javascript timezone offset subroutine returning negative values for some user(s).

editted: Oh and for Internet Explorer users! We apologize for the momentary IE incompatibility of the temporary clock page :(

« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 05:02:02 AM by yksehtniycul »

Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 12:31:56 PM »
I really like that clock,will definately come in handy.

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: