DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:29:19 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [SMT3] Quick playthrough build. (Read 9404 times)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « on: January 07, 2008, 08:26:19 PM »
I want to play through Shin Megami Tensei 3 as quickly as I possibly can, and wanted to know if anyone has any ideas on what kind of build should be used for something like that, as I'm not sure what would be best. I'm don't know if I should focus on making him a physical fighter so he can pound the hell out of everything, or if I should focus largely on magic so he can abuse his enemies' weaknesses and garner extra turns, or what. On one hand, I can just rely on demons for magic, but on the other hand, the protagonist is better for abusing weaknesses [as far as I know] because you can give him a varied move-set that can exploit the majority of weaknesses the enemies you encounter may have.

Any ideas?

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 08:55:56 PM »
Hmm...seems like forever since I've played Nocturne.Pretty sure I went for the physical build,but even then when it comes to those demons that are immune to physical attacks can be a downfall.

Luckily,not a lot of demons are immune to physical and only one of the bosses has a reflect physical...I found that out the hard way...

There are times where I relied on the demons in my party to use magic,along with those status enhancements skills too,I may have had a few magic spells...but the one skill I abused a lot,was War Cry.

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 05:29:21 AM »
If you are trying to set a speed record for some reason, I'd focus on speed so you can escape every fight, and save/reload a lot, occasionally stopping to kill extremely higher level demons with explotiable weaknesses for massive exp -- disclaimer: I've never played SMT3 myself.

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 08:43:22 AM »
At the begining of the game it would be better if you keep Hitoshura with elemental magic skills, for the weaknesses because you will not have too much demons with powerful or elemental spells, once you earned higher levels, you will began to change your magic for physical skills, because you will have more demons with more powerful magic.

I costumize Hitoshura with the following type of skills:
-2 Physical Skills
-1 Healing Skill
-2 Support Skill (Focus)
-2 Elemental Spells
-1 Boost Skill

So in other words, keep Hitoshura with a little bit of everything.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
KoolestLoser
Harmonixer

View Profile Email
k00lestloser
KoolestLoser phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 11:11:02 AM »
Quick play through on SMT3?  Good luck...

By the way, running from every fight is a death wish in that game.  If you ever do decide to pick it up, don't go that route...it's one of the few games where it's smart to go through every encounter just so you're strong enough to take on future enemies and bosses.

Both routes have a lot of pros and cons, I'd do whatever you're most comfortable with.

KoolestLoser has 14 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 03:24:49 PM »
Quote from: yksehtniycul;6505
If you are trying to set a speed record for some reason, I'd focus on speed so you can escape every fight, and save/reload a lot, occasionally stopping to kill extremely higher level demons with explotiable weaknesses for massive exp -- disclaimer: I've never played SMT3 myself.

I'm not trying to speed run it or anything. I actually have a reason for wanting to get through it as quickly as I can, but it's not because I'm looking to set a record or anything. Though, it would be interesting to watch someone speed run Shin Megami Tensei III. Far more interesting than watching people speed run Final Fantasy VII. If someone does decide to do this: record it and send it to SpeedDemosArchive or something so I have something to watch.

Quote from: Emilio Morales;6507

I costumize Hitoshura with the following type of skills:
-2 Physical Skills
-1 Healing Skill
-2 Support Skill (Focus)
-2 Elemental Spells
-1 Boost Skill

But, what about stats?

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 04:22:21 PM »
Quote from: Heat;6514

But, what about stats?

Well, keep Hitoshura well balanced, focus more on "St", "Vi" and "Ag" I think if you want to build a physical character then "St" if not then "Ma". The best thing to do is play trough the game to get the Masakados Magatama, you will boost all your stats greatly.

I always keep the stats of my character at the same number, sometimes a little bit more of "St".

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 10:31:45 PM »
Quote from: yksehtniycul;6505

100% right.

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: