DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:01:58 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DDDBジャンプ klan PowerUP! (Read 6644 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « on: January 02, 2008, 02:18:03 AM »
Ok!

Since the klan was created, activity seems to have come to a standstill! We regular players never see the new recruits playing. Perhaps this is because of holidays and finals, but we feel like its time to try to change this trend!

Despite this, since the last major update a new klan leveling system was added! The klan members receive special bonuses based upon the level of the klan. We began a square or two past halfway through lv1. Since the update we've received a square now and then at a regular pace and are one more square from lv2. Based on this trend we should level up any day now. Though I've no idea why our level is increasing, because we never see people playing!

Also along with the update, new activity icons have been added to the klan window. So it is no longer requested that you occasionally key the date into your klan status field.

At lv3 we get to create a klan emblem. I don't think custom emblems are a possiblity, but I will consult with the klan members once this oppertunity arises. My present plan is to use the emblem that looks like a 3, and use completely transparent colours except for the 3 itself. A semi-opaque orange or green seem appropriate colours, though feel free to suggest otherwise.

Now! It should be observed that a 4chan/v klan named Vidya was created at roughly the same time as the DDDBジャンプ klan. Its safe to say from associating with the klan originator the Vidya klan is kicking your butts! Is a 4chan klan really gonna out Megaten a Megaten board? Its up to you!

Incidentally in light of the addition of the klan level system. I have spoken with the Vidya klan Master about the possibility of temporarily merging our klans. This seems unlikely/unnecessary, but if anyone on any side wants to persue the option, feel free to discuss the merits.

And just to wet your whistles! Cave is promising sometime this month a patch will make it possible to ride your nakama horse-back style! Now anyone of you who can resist that temptation does not deserve a spot in Megaten heaven! There is a catch though. Earning your steed will very likely not be a quick and easy process! So you better start cracking now if you want your character to be in shape to do so when the time comes!

The 4chan klan level ups its new recruits. But we feel like this robs new players of valuable experience. However if you want to, we will help you level up your character. Especially if you've been through the ropes before with another character and want to create a new one. For everyone else, we will start taking online players through the Hack dungeons. Each time if you are lucky you will receive a special nakama as your prize -- and if not you will be rewarded a decent normal nakama. We can take upto 5 players at a time, the more the merrier.

Now lets Imagine playing!

« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 02:23:39 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 10:20:27 PM »
Congratulations!

The klan is lv2 now! Klan mates now receive a 5% experience and expert skill rank growth bonus.

Drem

View Profile Email
Drem phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 11:14:44 PM »
Uh, wow. Riding the monsters horseback style sounds cool and all, but also potentially really weird. I can see me riding my Harpie in an akward fashion, but I don't think Apsaras would stand for it. And think of the poor Kodama!

I'm assuming only certain monsters will have the riding feature?

Drem has 4 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 07:51:32 AM »
[lame]Just on the off chance you are not being humorous // rhetorical, yes only a limited number of Demon Steeds(tm) are available, and you cannot fight while riding them.[/lame]

However some perhaps unexpected nakama are ridable, such as large birds:

http://www.megatenonline.com/update20071220/devil_ride.html

Kerberos like devils will be ridable as well as horse types presumably. Very few options exist for lower level players it would seem. It might be the smaller player models can ride more demons but that is purely based on the observation that many demons that would appear ridable would appear silly when fitted with larger players (most likely these demons will not be ridable or will receive size adjustments or will simply look silly if ridden -- in any case it should be an interesting update)

It appears this feature was to be amongst the Xmas updates, but was pulled at the last minute because of likely unforseen complications. It is promised for the month of January last I checked.

PS: Another really cool feature I played with tonight for the first time is three-way fusion. The most interesting aspect being three players are required to complete the fusion, each providing a nakama. More powerful devils require special story items called "Plugins" to be fused. I suspect players can share plugins via three-way fusion, and no single player can collect all plugins, but that is speculation on my part.

EDIT: I just checked the mailing list. The steed update has been scheduled for the 24th.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 08:01:00 AM by yksehtniycul »

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: