DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:28:17 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona 4 for ps2 (Read 82763 times)
The13thChyld
The Androgyne

View Profile Email
The13thChyld
The13thChyld phones it in,
 « Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 11:18:16 PM »
Quote from: Himuro;6303
What? What is so bad about P3? The gameplay is way better than past Persona's.

Nonsense, and this is coming from someone who detested IS/EP. P3 was "fun" (and I "enjoyed" playing it, more so than I did IS/EP), but ultimately a trivial experience. From my perspective it lacked artistic integrity, not "horrible" but trendy nonsense nonetheless.

It is important to remember, I think, that -streamlined- is not necessarily indicative of -improvement-.

Life is like an illusion, like a dream waiting to be awakened.

The13thChyld has 41 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #16 on: December 18, 2007, 11:48:08 PM »
As interesting as this news is, the factuality of it is HIGHLY unlikely.

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. " ~A Very Wise Man

QBasic has 159 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #17 on: December 18, 2007, 11:53:51 PM »
Quote from: Heat;6297
I wouldn't mind it on the XBox 360, but I'm always paranoid the damn thing is going to die on me. Just a few days ago, I was playing Oblivion, and as I was about to shoot some fireballs at a rat, I got a "the disc is unreadable" error. What the hell the disc is unreadable? For $400, I expect the goddamn disc to be readable. If this kind of thing persists, I will cease my support of the XBox 360.

One of the reasons I haven't got a 360 yet.  

I wouldn't mind if P4 was for the PS2.

aerozero has 264 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #18 on: December 18, 2007, 11:58:03 PM »
Quote from: Himuro;6303
What? What is so bad about P3? The gameplay is way better than past Persona's.

Game play? It's an RPG. It's the plot, characters, music, art, et cetera that made the game bad, not the "game play". Although, the dungeon crawling, and high school sim aspects were pretty bad, too, but those are things I probably could tolerate if the storyline wasn't stupid, and the characters weren't unlikeable. I can't even remember the names of the characters in Persona 3, that's how unlikeable they were, and how much I didn't give a shit about them. None of them stood out at all. They were just a bunch of annoying Japanese kids. The characters in Innocent Sin, and to a lesser extent, Eternal Punishment, were far easier to relate to, to sympathize with, and to like in general.

I had more to say, but I'm sick of talking about Persona 3. I'll just say it failed to live up to the "Persona" name in every way possible. It felt like they were more concerned with trying to appeal to the general public than making a good game.

Quote from: Emilio Morales;6304
They´re just matter of opinions, for example, for me you will always hear that all the megaten games are the best games ever made, but maybe for Heat, they´re probably the worst games ever made.

You're misinterpreting an older post of mine. If I thought it was the worst series ever made, I wouldn't be posting here.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 12:09:53 AM by Heat »

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
traci

View Profile Email
traci phones it in,
 « Reply #19 on: December 19, 2007, 12:15:42 AM »
I am generally conflicted about P3, I mean I am playing it and enjoying it and finding it entertaining, but it could have been better.
Like I personally I have always found random-dungeon-generated games to be a bit... weak... (Azure Dreams... *twitch*)
And also it terms of the Dating Highschool sim aaspect of it, it's a neat incorporation to an RPG I just wish it wasn't in one from the MegaTen franchise, and also I find it distracts from the real purpose of the game, and maybe I just suck but I know I wouldn't've found half the people to build relationships with if it hadn't been for walkththroughs/online guides.

Also, I am waiting for P3 to be epic, like I just passed the part after the first 'final battle'  and it hasn't been epic... like I remember playing Nocturne, fighting Metatron (I think that was his name in the Labyrinth) and how epic it was and how I used mad skills of the press turn system to beat him....
And DDS(2) was pretty epic at time (I LOVED that game, I know many people strongly disliked it)....

And I also don't exactly like how you don't have full control over the entire party, I mean their AI is usually good... but sometimes I'm not "That attack doesn't work on that enemy... and that character knows that..." Or when they use a mudo-style skill on an enemy that has a tiny bit on HP left... that annoys me too....

But by no means do I dislike the game, just some things I think could've been done better.

traci has 97 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #20 on: December 19, 2007, 12:26:03 AM »
Quote from: traci;6314
And I also don't exactly like how you don't have full control over the entire party[...]

That really pissed me off. Never deny the player the ability to control their party.

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Himuro

View Profile Email
Himuro phones it in,
 « Reply #21 on: December 19, 2007, 01:09:55 AM »
Quote from: The13thChyld;6305
Nonsense, and this is coming from someone who detested IS/EP. P3 was "fun" (and I "enjoyed" playing it, more so than I did IS/EP), but ultimately a trivial experience. From my perspective it lacked artistic integrity, not "horrible" but trendy nonsense nonetheless.

It is important to remember, I think, that -streamlined- is not necessarily indicative of -improvement-.

I hate P1/P2's battle systems. The only thing those games have going for them are their stories, in my opinion. And a few dungeons. P3, however, has almost every thing I'd ever want from a Japanese rpg gameplay wise.

Quote from: Heat;6313
Game play? It's an RPG. It's the plot, characters, music, art, et cetera that made the game bad, not the "game play".

Huh? So you're saying SMT games, games that primarily are gameplay oriented and not story oriented, should not be judged on gameplay but...story?

Right. I thought the story was fine. I liked the story in Persona 2 more, but the characters in P3 were all excellent.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 01:19:14 AM by Himuro »

Himuro has 151 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #22 on: December 19, 2007, 03:04:45 AM »
P3 was my 1st SMT, I loved it *shrugs*  

But then again I loved Suikoden IV, my 1st Suikoden game, and the worst one of the series.

aerozero has 264 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #23 on: December 19, 2007, 05:58:05 AM »
First off, why is quoting broken for this forum? The M-Quote does nothing, literally nothing.

Quote from: Heat;6291
I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume that Shin Megami Tensei 4 will be on the PlayStation 3.

Atlus would do this just to prove it can / get some experience with the tech. But it will either mean taking a major loss or waiting a long time to release a SMT4.

It is true the PS2 is incredibly weak hardware in many aspects. But an operation like Atlus can't begin to mine out a machine like the PS3. They can only find novel ways to abuse its muscle for ecclectic effects. In any case, it seems many developers like Atlus will be dragged kicking and screaming into this round of console tech, or the whole generation will bust.

Sony should be marketing the PS3 as a budget PC and gamebox in one, and Microsoft will probably release an all new Xbox before the PS3 even starts to pickup steam.

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
DemonAtmaNizzo

View Profile Email
DemonAtmaNizzo phones it in,
 « Reply #24 on: December 19, 2007, 08:25:55 AM »
You aren't really taking into account how popular the PS3 is in Japan, which is the country SMT is initially developed for. It outsold the Wii in November, and with Final Fantasy XIII coming up you know PS3 sales will skyrocket even if the game is complete crap. Whether or not the game will be localized might be an issue, but I don't think Atlus will have any problems releasing SMT4 for the PS3.

DemonAtmaNizzo has 72 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #25 on: December 19, 2007, 08:39:56 AM »
Quote from: DemonAtmaNizzo;6322
and with Final Fantasy XIII coming up you know PS3 sales will skyrocket even if the game is complete crap.

And Metal Gear Solid 4!!

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Lord Stevero Kennedy
Strategic Man of Honor

View Profile Email
Lord Stevero Kennedy phones it in,
 « Reply #26 on: December 19, 2007, 09:19:33 AM »
I think P3 was fine...

I do think Persona one was better though. story and character wise.

Atlus should stay with Sony. It fits them, and besides, x-box would lose money.

PS3 is selling SOOO much more than the X in Japan.

Lord Stevero Kennedy has 14 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
CountDofChinatown
Crazed Petstore Owner

View Profile Email
CountDofChinatown phones it in,
 « Reply #27 on: January 01, 2008, 10:59:46 PM »
I would have to find the article but the people at Atlus are interested in bringing a Tensei to Wii. The info was from a while back so that position may have changed, but Baroque to me seems to point at a possible Megaten Wii game.

CountDofChinatown has 56 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
KoolestLoser
Harmonixer

View Profile Email
k00lestloser
KoolestLoser phones it in,
 « Reply #28 on: January 02, 2008, 01:34:30 PM »
Quote from: CountDofChinatown;6403
I would have to find the article but the people at Atlus are interested in bringing a Tensei to Wii. The info was from a while back so that position may have changed, but Baroque to me seems to point at a possible Megaten Wii game.

If it's true, it makes me sad.  Personally I think the novelty of the Wii gimmick has worn out already, and I'd hate to see a Megaten game go that way.  Unless they decide to skip out on the motion control bit.

I suppose it'd be interesting to see what they could come up with if they did do that though.

KoolestLoser has 14 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Claudio

View Profile Email
Claudio phones it in,
 « Reply #29 on: February 17, 2008, 05:17:35 AM »
I hope so because i don't have enough euro to buy a playstation 3...
By the way i'm still waiting the Pal relase of Persona 3 in Italy (it' seems to be 29 febraury)
So I don't rush for a Persona 4 yet XD

Claudio has 10 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: