DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:07:53 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona Anime Fansub Group (Read 17783 times)
QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « on: December 09, 2007, 07:38:19 PM »
This might be a good idea, so try to pay attention Ton. :)

When I was checking around, there isn't a singular group thats actually subbing Persona, and the only real scan-group thats scanlating the manga is Gekkoukan High Scans.

I've worked with fansub groups before, so I know the basic outline...and to be honest the toughest part of subbing is translating and timing the karaoke (lol).  The Database is already on very friendly terms with Gekkoukan High...so I figured, this is a good chance to provide for the fans/community, as well as put both sites/groups on the map.

I'm suggesting we join with GHS to sub the series...  Before we actually kick it off and start planning/organizing, we gotta know if we're gonna do this thing.  We really don't have a whole lot of time to ponder either cause the series airs next month...

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. " ~A Very Wise Man

QBasic has 159 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 08:24:05 PM »
As much as that sounds like a great idea...I do remember Mienai saying she wouldn't do it,however it sounded like she was unsure...even when she stated,that if there are people willing to do it...but also that do have fan subbing experience:

Quote from: mienai;5975
I'm gonna say this, right now...

I draw the line at scanlating. GHS will not fansub this LOL

That is, unless I get some fansub-experienced people XD

Just curious,have you already talked to Mienai about it or anyone else in GHS yet?

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 09:02:02 PM »
There's two groups scanning the single manga separately: GHS and Starry Heaven. There's a few other manga out there no one has done yet, though.

I think the anime thing is a cool idea and I'd love yell out "Let's do it!". However, I personally have no experience in fansubbing, nor do I know any of the Japanese language. So if QBasic wants to run with that (and anyone else can and wants to help him), that'd be cool by me. The main site would support that as much as it could.

Assuming GHS isn't interested (which is how it seems), I almost wonder if you'd be better off talking to any of the actual existing fansubbing groups and kind of "affiliating" with them in this sense. I have to imagine that at least one of them is considering doing this anime already since Persona is relatively popular.

The other plus is that most of them already have their own distribution networks. I'm not equipped to offer a torrent tracker or anything like that, nor do I really want to... Mostly because of all of the crackdowns on anime fansubs as of late.

So basically: go for it, if you can lol.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 12:57:20 AM »
Quote from: Tony;6137
There's two groups scanning the single manga separately: GHS and Starry Heaven. There's a few other manga out there no one has done yet, though.

I think the anime thing is a cool idea and I'd love yell out "Let's do it!". However, I personally have no experience in fansubbing, nor do I know any of the Japanese language. So if QBasic wants to run with that (and anyone else can and wants to help him), that'd be cool by me. The main site would support that as much as it could.

Assuming GHS isn't interested (which is how it seems), I almost wonder if you'd be better off talking to any of the actual existing fansubbing groups and kind of "affiliating" with them in this sense. I have to imagine that at least one of them is considering doing this anime already since Persona is relatively popular.

The other plus is that most of them already have their own distribution networks. I'm not equipped to offer a torrent tracker or anything like that, nor do I really want to... Mostly because of all of the crackdowns on anime fansubs as of late.

So basically: go for it, if you can lol.

I'm on pretty cool terms with a now-deceased group (the members, really), so getting some of them shouldn't be too hard.

Also, I can talk with some of the members of Rumbel.  I'm pretty cool with them too.

It can be, no prob...but I personally would like to make it more of a joint effort between sites.  Everyone wins, and gets results that way.

Here's a question Tony:  do you know how to use...say Adobe Premiere?

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. " ~A Very Wise Man

aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 01:09:36 PM »
ainex is looking for staff members to fansub Trinity Soul Qbasic, if you're interested you should try contacting them:

#ainex@irc.rizon.net

aerozero has 264 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Tony
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 03:04:27 PM »
Yeah, I figured some group was on this already... I'm not surprised.

Quote from: QBasic;6143
Here's a question Tony:  do you know how to use...say Adobe Premiere?

Yeah, although I use it infrequently.

mienai

View Profile Email
mienai phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 04:24:22 PM »
On the contrary, GHS is interested in subbing Trinity Soul. Only problem is, none of us know how to fansub. So, if any of you know someone who's willing to help us out...

mienai has 19 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
superspazmizu

View Profile Email
superspazmizu phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 05:19:50 PM »
I personally don't think this series needs another fansubbing group.
http://www.fansubwiki.com/Who_Subs_What:_WINTER_2008

There are currently 4 groups lined up to sub persona. Two of them I know are decent fansubbers (I-Z and S-S).
I think we should leave this to the pros. I recommend Infnite Zero's subs. For anyone watching Dragonaut, they are really quite good and fast.

If mienai really wants to take it on, i'm on board. But i don't think it's necessary.

superspazmizu has 2 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
mienai

View Profile Email
mienai phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 05:59:50 PM »
I'm already asking around, super

aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 06:34:44 PM »
Does anyone know if the anime is going to aired in HD?

aerozero has 264 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 11:34:29 PM »
Quote from: superspazmizu;6148
I personally don't think this series needs another fansubbing group.
http://www.fansubwiki.com/Who_Subs_What:_WINTER_2008

There are currently 4 groups lined up to sub persona. Two of them I know are decent fansubbers (I-Z and S-S).
I think we should leave this to the pros. I recommend Infnite Zero's subs. For anyone watching Dragonaut, they are really quite good and fast.

If mienai really wants to take it on, i'm on board. But i don't think it's necessary.

Leaving it to the pros leaves us out of the spotlight.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd like to put this site on the map.

This is a grand chance.

superspazmizu

View Profile Email
superspazmizu phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 11:44:32 PM »
We aren't going to be in any spotlight if we DO start to fansub, either. There's already 4 groups doing it! We are just going to be lost in a sea of fansubs.

Most people follow whomever subs the fastest... which probably won't be us. It'll probably be I-Z.

superspazmizu has 2 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
mienai

View Profile Email
mienai phones it in,
 « Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 12:02:55 AM »
Actually, I have to disagree with you, there, mizu. If we do start the sub, we will be in the spotlight, given how much we are now with the scanlation.
Quote from: mienai;6147
GHS is interested in subbing Trinity Soul. Only problem is, none of us know how to fansub. So, if any of you know someone who's willing to help us out...

« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 12:05:27 AM by mienai »

QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 03:15:46 AM »
Quote from: superspazmizu;6155
We aren't going to be in any spotlight if we DO start to fansub, either. There's already 4 groups doing it! We are just going to be lost in a sea of fansubs.

Most people follow whomever subs the fastest... which probably won't be us. It'll probably be I-Z.

Four, eh?  I guess we'll be the fifth. :3

This is an opportunity I'm not gonna waste.  Even if its a little, we'll still be put in the light.  Thats never a bad thing.

If you're against gaining rep points, then I guess you'll have to confront Tony or someone about that.

Tony
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 11:21:43 AM »
Well, I guess the thing to do now is to figure out who of the interested parties will be in what position.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: