DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:13:33 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a use for digitaldevildb klan? (Read 17251 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « on: December 01, 2007, 02:08:39 PM »
I snatched up a klan starter item in the bazaar for cheep earlier today. I was thinking about expirimenting with klan management. I'm not really up to starting a real klan at the present due to a limited number of founding characters. But if anyone else thinks it a good idea, I'll try to create/manage a starter guild for this forum in the meantime.

I'm not sure if it is possible for a klan leader to pass on or share leadership. I would imagine it is. I feel qualified to sufficiently comprehend any Japanese dialogs that might be involved by the process. So I can start a klan, but after I figure everything out, I'd prefer to pass on the leadership, and of course coach the successor.

Generally I feel it would be good to have an orientation klan for starting players. For online hand holding and early party formation.

If there is a joint interest. A good klan name I think would be "DDDB jump", or DDDBジャンプ, would look better, because the game doesn't have a real full width ascii font, and half width characters are not permitted in names.

The DB is cute because it looks like Devil Buster (normally the acronym DB is used in game)

And "Jump" implies it is just for jump starting new characters, and not a real klan. It is too bad players can not be registered with more than one klan. That being the case, it is just not right to impose such a vanilla klan on players. But something probably should be there to help new players find their legs in unfamiliar territory.

editted: A new recruitment thread has been created!

Users recruited are:
大輔輔 (Tony) *submaster
Drem (Drem)
無秩序 (blackmoore)
水夏希 (Enid)

Member total is: 7/100

« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 03:33:50 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 02:56:20 PM »
I'd be interested in joining it. I should have my XP disc thing fixed by this weekend and I wouldn't mind having something to play for free for awhile. So count me in.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 03:21:54 PM »
Once I start the klan, it would be easier for me to add members, if users just post their game name in this thread. Also its difficult to use the game's text window because you can't copy from it, which would be more hassle if I didn't recognize a kanji immediately. Plus it is less likely I would miss anyone this way naturally.

I will edit new member names into the first post. Or at least once I believe a member should be included ingame.

editted: Ok everyone. It seems perhaps it makes things easier if your profile is public. Otherwise you must be in the same zone is the thinking. To do this. First press the handshake button. Then select the 3rd Window. Then from the bottom buttons, press the top left. Then change the second radial, and press the confirm button (決定).

Tony is a SubMaster as well. Hopefully someone will be online, when a player wants to join up.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 09:12:03 PM by yksehtniycul »

Tony
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 06:00:11 PM »
Here's me: 大輔輔

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 06:03:00 PM »
Quote from: Tony;5954
Here's me: 大輔輔

Are the duplicate kanji intentional?

Daisukezuke?

Tony
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 06:36:55 PM »
Yeah, I was just looking for a quick name. I put in Daisuke, which was obviously taken and just stuck in a second one.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 08:01:56 PM »
I created a klan. You need to be online for me to manually add you. But the klan is listed in the 3rdHome terminal. Currently it is the newest. It is called DDDBジャンプ, so you can try to see if there is anything from the would be member end, which can be achieved that way (via the terminal)

editted: I guess I'll stay logged in until I go to sleep tonight. So much for anymore work tonight. I will hang around 3rdHome I suppose. The klan master's char name is "マィカェル アルケヂア". You should be able to just copy that in.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 08:08:14 PM by yksehtniycul »

Tony
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 08:27:05 PM »
I'm logging in now, I'll go check out the terminal.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 08:34:17 PM »
Oh yes. We usually play on ch4. Is that ok for everyone?

Tony
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 08:40:24 PM »
I'm on Channel 4 now, by the terminal. I picked the option that lets me look at klans on the green-screened computers, but I don't actually see one by the name you gave... am I doing something wrong?

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 08:45:06 PM »
Sit tight. I can't find your name online.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #11 on: December 02, 2007, 09:00:03 PM »
Ok everyone. It seems perhaps it makes things easier if your profile is public. Otherwise you must be in the same zone is the thinking. To do this. First press the handshake button. Then select the 3rd Window. Then from the bottom buttons, press the top left. Then change the second radial, and press the confirm button (決定).

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #12 on: December 02, 2007, 09:13:25 PM »
Tony is a Submaster now. Hopefully someone will be online, when anyone is available to join up.

I think before tonight, I will make another char of mine Master. His name is "キッド カルヂア". I share him with some other players, so he might be online more, and I will leave him in this clan I believe.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 09:21:06 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 12:23:00 PM »
I just tried the online klan services provided by Cave at klan.megatenonline.com. Personally I found them to be unusable because the pages were very small and did not scale to my display. Plus it was pretty hackney, and when I tried to start a thread, the page crashed when I hit the last button.

Truthfully, due to the nature of Imagine, far different versus other Megaten games. It seems like Imagine would radically benefit from its own umbrella section, with subforums. It is easy to imagine a number of useful sticky threads for instance. It would be cleaner to put them all in a sticky forum. Plus you could provide subforums to klans as they emerge, and a forum for general wiki discussion just to get started.

It would be better than klans all trying to do their own thing, which would only fracture the wider English community, and create the burden of each klan funding their own hosts, when a fraction of that money could support a single collective host, ie. this website.

Atlantus

View Profile Email
Atlantus phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 12:39:09 AM »
Hey, I'm learning Japanese not even enough to call me "semi-fluent" but I can at least read the Katakana, and Hiragana, less the Kanji. But I wouldn't mind knowing some english-folk on here. My name's あとらんてす mainly because I forgot to convert it to Katakana before hitting continue.

Unfortunately I'm still near the beginning. Also, I don't know if it's my own mistranslation, but I have a stat-down that keeps making me do 1 damage to any enemy, and I can't find the item to get it off me. Any of you know off the top of your head what/where this item is?

Atlantus has 3 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: