DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
September 26, 2022, 08:15:55 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Guilty Gear Tarot card theory (Read 18300 times)
Early Archer
Crystalline water
**

offline Offline

View Profile Email
Early Archer says,
 « on: October 19, 2005, 05:49:39 AM »
I don´t know if somebody has done this before, but since I´ve never found anything on the subject...
It is obvious that the GG character´s represent each a tarot card, so I´ve decided to do a list.
The Persona fan´s might find this interesting.

The ones I´m sure of:
Sol Badguy - Sun
Justice - Justice
Ky Kiske - Judgment
Testament - Death
Zato-1/Eddie - Whell of fortune
Dizzy - Temperance
Potemkin - Chariot
Faust - Fool
Zappa - Hanged Man
Axl Low - Tower
Slayer - Devil
Character´s missing:
Jam, Jonhy, Baiken, Anji, I-no, Millia Rage,Venom, Chipp, Kliff, Bridget and Robo-Ky.

If anyone is interested, just post your theories:updown:.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 08:53:15 AM by Early Archer »


May fortune be with you.

Logged
Early Archer has 93 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster
****

offline Offline

View Profile
Heat says,
 « Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 07:32:23 AM »
Quote from: Early Archer
Character´s missing:
Jam, Jonhy, Baiken, Anji, I-no, Millia Rage,Venom, Bridget and Robo-Ky.

You're missing the best character in the entire GG series: Chipp Zanuff.



Logged
Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Early Archer
Crystalline water
**

offline Offline

View Profile Email
Early Archer says,
 « Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 08:52:23 AM »
Quote from: Heat
You're missing the best character in the entire GG series: Chipp Zanuff.

I also forgot Kliff Undersn:nolaff:



May fortune be with you.

Logged
Early Archer has 93 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster
****

offline Offline

View Profile
Heat says,
 « Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 08:53:27 AM »
Quote from: Early Archer
I also forgot Kliff Undersn:nolaff:

I have no idea who that is. But, surely, he hasn't got a damn thing on Chipp. Chipp will make a candy dish out of your skull. And then have sex with it. While eating candy out of the candy dish he is sexually violating. Chipp is own. Millia, too. But, not as much as Chipp.



Logged
Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Early Archer
Crystalline water
**

offline Offline

View Profile Email
Early Archer says,
 « Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 05:24:30 AM »
Quote from: Heat
I have no idea who that is. But, surely, he hasn't got a damn thing on Chipp. Chipp will make a candy dish out of your skull. And then have sex with it. While eating candy out of the candy dish he is sexually violating. Chipp is own. Millia, too. But, not as much as Chipp.

Sure Chipp could do that, if only he didn´t get K.Oed in the first 10s of the round... He´s as frail as a fly! I like the character, don´t get me wrong, but Jam is as fast as him and can take more hits, so...
Anyway, Kliff is the old guy in Guilty Gear(the first game), you know, the one with an oversized knife.
This is the only pic. I´ve found of him:

Also, there´s some info here:
http://ggmachine.150m.com/characters/kliff.html



May fortune be with you.

Logged
Early Archer has 93 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster
****

offline Offline

View Profile
Heat says,
 « Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 06:43:01 AM »
Quote from: Early Archer
Sure Chipp could do that, if only he didn´t get K.Oed in the first 10s of the round... He´s as frail as a fly! I like the character, don´t get me wrong, but Jam is as fast as him and can take more hits, so...

If you're no good with him, then yeah.



Logged
Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Soulless_Beast
Tragic Idiot.
***

offline Offline

View Profile Email
furious_st
Soulless_Beast says,
 « Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 06:36:36 PM »
I think that Slayer would be better suited as 'The Hermit' for some reason. Yes Chipp is a cheap little bastard but in the right hands he is incredibly viscious. Um Heat you like using Millia? No probs. or anything she is my best char. I wonder what do you think they could do to improve the next one?


Pandas on the storm.... Pandas on the storm.... Into this house we roam. Then to the streets we run. When the peeps aren't having fun it's to us they first shall come. Pandas on the storm... YEAH!

Logged
Soulless_Beast has 101 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Early Archer
Crystalline water
**

offline Offline

View Profile Email
Early Archer says,
 « Reply #7 on: October 22, 2005, 12:35:10 AM »
Quote from: Soulless_Beast
I think that Slayer would be better suited as 'The Hermit' for some reason...

No way. Not a chance.
A guy who is the head of a big organization, and who knows everybody who is somebody in the GG world wouldn´t fit as the Hermit at all. And besides, he´s married.hearton
I think he fits The Devil card very well because of the reasons stated above and the fact that´s he´s an immortal, but still care about the matterial world and stuff.
Quote from: Heat
If you're no good with him, then yeah.

By the way, since you´re such a Chipp fan, why don´t you give me your opinnion of what card he could be. I really don´t have a clue about him.:buh:



May fortune be with you.

Logged
Early Archer has 93 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster
****

offline Offline

View Profile
Heat says,
 « Reply #8 on: October 22, 2005, 12:46:33 AM »
Quote from: Early Archer
No way. Not a chance.
A guy who is the head of a big organization, and who knows everybody who is somebody in the GG world wouldn´t fit as the Hermit at all. And besides, he´s married.hearton
I think he fits The Devil card very well because of the reasons stated above and the fact that´s he´s an immortal, but still care about the matterial world and stuff.

By the way, since you´re such a Chipp fan, why don´t you give me your opinnion of what card he could be. I really don´t have a clue about him.:buh:

I don't know much of anything about Tarot cards. The Hanged Man, maybe?



Logged
Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Soulless_Beast
Tragic Idiot.
***

offline Offline

View Profile Email
furious_st
Soulless_Beast says,
 « Reply #9 on: October 22, 2005, 11:10:58 AM »
Spoilers(highlight):

Sharon's his wife? Crap! Guess I'll get back to playing I'm rusty...

About Kliff Undersn he's Testament's Stepfather.


/end spoilers

« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 01:11:00 PM by Argilla »


Pandas on the storm.... Pandas on the storm.... Into this house we roam. Then to the streets we run. When the peeps aren't having fun it's to us they first shall come. Pandas on the storm... YEAH!

Logged
Soulless_Beast has 101 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
The13thChyld
The Androgyne
*

offline Offline

View Profile Email
The13thChyld
The13thChyld says,
 « Reply #10 on: October 23, 2005, 03:36:11 AM »
Soulless Beast , your above two comments are spoilers you should do something to conceal them , as this thread itself is not marked for spoilers.

Anyway , I love the GG series , I'll be happy as long as GGXXX/X3 keeps the story mode (and hopefully Judgement and Dust Strikers will too , if we're lucky). Those match-ups look pretty good Archer. ^^

« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 03:40:50 AM by The13thChyld »


Life is like an illusion, like a dream waiting to be awakened.

Logged
The13thChyld has 41 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Early Archer
Crystalline water
**

offline Offline

View Profile Email
Early Archer says,
 « Reply #11 on: October 23, 2005, 12:42:00 PM »
Quote from: The13thChyld
...Anyway , I love the GG series , I'll be happy as long as GGXXX/X3 keeps the story mode (and hopefully Judgement and Dust Strikers will too , if we're lucky). Those match-ups look pretty good Archer. ^^

Thanks! I´ve done some more, but there ain´t enough cards for all the characters. Maybe the minor arcana...
I´m not so sure about these:
Bridget - High Priestess
Chipp Zanuff - Hermit
I-no - Moon
Jam - Star
Kliff - Hierophant
May - Lovers
Millia - Strenght
If anyone wants some explanation just ask, ok?updown



May fortune be with you.

Logged
Early Archer has 93 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best
****

offline Offline

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla says,
 « Reply #12 on: October 23, 2005, 01:12:03 PM »
Quote from: The13thChyld
Soulless Beast , your above two comments are spoilers you should do something to conceal them , as this thread itself is not marked for spoilers.


Took care of it.^^

Annnd...I know nothing of GG so...*walks off*^^;



"I'll grab the stars if you want them..."

Logged
Argilla has 291 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Ultimatecailbur
*

offline Offline

View Profile Email
Ultimatecailbur says,
 « Reply #13 on: January 21, 2006, 02:27:22 PM »
You left out both Aba (the new girl with the key), and Robo-Ky.

Their is a Offical art Image that has Robo-Ky sitting on a throne like the Emperor in some Tarot decks.

An the meaning of the card fits his purpose.



the Robo-Ky and Robo-Ky 2 units were developed in order for their creators to controll the world



ABA the new girl who first appears in Isuka (may have mispelled it) comforms to the Hermit.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 02:30:56 PM by Ultimatecailbur »


Logged
Ultimatecailbur has 5 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Early Archer
Crystalline water
**

offline Offline

View Profile Email
Early Archer says,
 « Reply #14 on: January 26, 2006, 09:03:28 PM »
Quote from: Ultimatecailbur
You left out both Aba (the new girl with the key), and Robo-Ky.

Their is a Offical art Image that has Robo-Ky sitting on a throne like the Emperor in some Tarot decks.

An the meaning of the card fits his purpose.



the Robo-Ky and Robo-Ky 2 units were developed in order for their creators to controll the world



ABA the new girl who first appears in Isuka (may have mispelled it) comforms to the Hermit.

I think ABA fits the world card better, but anyway...
Things got more complicated with the new GG releases. You see, there are more characters than tarot cards now, so there are 3 choices:
1- some characters don´t fit any card at all
2- some characters share their card
3- some characters are minor arcana cards
About the Robo-Kys, I´ve never though about them like that... I´ve always though that the Emperor card would be "That man".



May fortune be with you.

Logged
Early Archer has 93 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.5 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.