DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:29:49 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Imagine forums (Read 10168 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « on: October 16, 2007, 02:25:25 AM »
I've sort of taken an out through the past years. I've never been able to get into the new age SMT games. But lately I've picked up Imagine, and I think its the generic customizability of it which is its saving grace. I figure I only get one shot at doing the MMORPG thing, and this is my game, and I'm finding myself just short of addicted to it!

So I'm curious if any Imagine specific forums exist outside of the Gamefaqs forums. Gamefaqs are insufficient as forums, because the posts are automatically pruned. So if no other forums exist, and a better venue does not exist. Then why not create a specific forum for Imagine here?

It might also be useful to create subforums for guilds and clans -- if there is a distinction.

Imagine will surely become a significant pillar of Megatendom I hope. It needs its own forum distinct of this one.

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 03:57:55 PM »
That is a good idea, because I have a lot of questions about some act and sometimes I want to ask something about the skills or spells, and all that kind of things. But I guess if we want to make an Imagine forum here, I think we better hear, what Tony has to say, (I think, I really don´t know if we need his permission or something like that).

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 07:22:40 PM »
Quote from: Emilio Morales;5378
That is a good idea, because I have a lot of questions about some act and sometimes I want to ask something about the skills or spells, and all that kind of things. But I guess if we want to make an Imagine forum here, I think we better hear, what Tony has to say, (I think, I really don´t know if we need his permission or something like that).

Its up to the admins to add a forum of course. I'd be happy to answer simple questions in this thread for the meantime.

I hope Imagine isn't relegated to obscurity because it is a Japanese only game, and likely will be until a sequel or some sort of reboot arises. I miss the good ol' days myself, when all of Megaten was  japanese only. That was a tight-knit community. Imagine brings the spirit of those games back somewhat for me.

Plus it could make this website more popular, if there is no other place to go for an english Imagine forum that isn't a Gamefaqs styled bump-fest.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 07:25:58 PM by yksehtniycul »

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 11:52:44 PM »
Quote from: yksehtniycul;5379
Its up to the admins to add a forum of course. I'd be happy to answer simple questions in this thread for the meantime.

I hope Imagine isn't relegated to obscurity because it is a Japanese only game, and likely will be until a sequel or some sort of reboot arises. I miss the good ol' days myself, when all of Megaten was  japanese only. That was a tight-knit community. Imagine brings the spirit of those games back somewhat for me.

Plus it could make this website more popular, if there is no other place to go for an english Imagine forum that isn't a Gamefaqs styled bump-fest.

You have a good point in there, it would be cool, to have a sub-forum only dedicated to IMAGINE, that has all releated to it, from How to install it, to Frequently Asked Questions.

I`m looking forward to it, and If I can help in something, let me know. Anyway, I think we need to hear, what Tony has to say about it.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 10:35:31 PM »
I could make it, but at the same time people could really just post any threads they want about it in the SMT forum. I'm not requiring all things about it to be in the singular IMAGINE thread... if more people are interested, it might be worthwhile.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 11:31:10 PM »
Mixing Imagine with offline games seems very inappropriate to me.

Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 11:59:15 AM »
It's still part of the SMT universe and, really, there's hardly anyone discussing the game here anymore. I'll make the forum if you feel it might help. I just don't really subscribe to the idea that adding more and more sections to a forum is necessarily beneficial, I guess.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 11:41:30 PM »
Adding a forum would definitely encourage discussion. There is a ton of stuff being added to Imagine lately, and much I would like to throw out there myself. Gamefaqs appears inadequate.

I don't understand why people would not be discussing Imagine, unless the new generation of enthusiasts are simply intimidated by Japanese games.

Imagine is always active/updated, if more people played it would keep the forum much more active year round. Plus people could make playdates in the forum, because the Clan system in the game is not completely airtight.

People, Go play Imagine!

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: