DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:05:36 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sera... where is Sera? (spoilers) (Read 24272 times)
Nuu
I like blood

View Profile Email
Nuu phones it in,
 « on: October 17, 2005, 09:47:20 PM »
So uh... I don't get the whole deal with him.  
What's with the Serph that keeps saying that and the false Varna?  
Is he what Sera wants Serph to be like?  
Honestly, I thought that all the A.I's were what Sera thought they people were like, but afterwards, it seemed like it wasn't so, since Sera obviously saw what a bastard Serph was.  
So... they're how Sera wants them to be?  I don't really understand.  Or did she just make them and they kinda grew personalities of their own?

Nuu has 54 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 05:05:39 AM »
Real Serph -> Jerk though Sera is pretty much oblivious to this.

Fake Serph -> "Is he what Sera wants Serph to be like?" Correct.

AI Serph -> The one Sera hid along with the other AI's she created into Junkyard.

"I'll grab the stars if you want them..."

Argilla has 291 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Nuu
I like blood

View Profile Email
Nuu phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 04:07:03 PM »
So, A.I. Serph =/= fake Serph?  
So now there are 3 Serphs running around? :/

Philemon
Entity of Light

View Profile Email
Philemon phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 07:52:26 PM »
Oh I thought Fake Serph was thrown into the Junkyard with all Sera's other fake friends in order to save them from deletion, which would explain why they have memories of the fake world Sera created :) Which would technically make AI Serph and pals "reincarnated" versions of the "Fake" versions since they have memories of their "past lives".

"I, Philemon, and Nyarlathotep are the source of people's Selves--the personification of the Collective Unconsciousness. I lead those with strong hearts, and the Crawling Chaos seduces the weak to the Underworld."

Philemon has 30 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 10:16:48 PM »
Ok, this probably the most confusing part of the game that takes explaining...x_x;

Sera created an imaginary space in her mind which only she knew about. Serph, Argilla, Heat, and Cielo all existed there(you see them playing volleyball) but Beck and the others of course, find out about it. So when the Junkyard project(or Asura Stage 1 project if you like that better) was being put into process, Sera hid those AI(the one she's playing volleyball with) inside Junkyard so she wouldn't have to delete them.

Fake Serph would technically being AI Serph. You have to see that Sera saw real Serph as a kind person so that's how he thought he SHOULD be in her imaginary world. So when AI Serph and real Heat are confronted by the real Serph(who was actually evil) and fake Serph(who Sera wanted and thought the real Serph was like)...and yea. That's it. x_x;

Philemon, I'm not sure if they're reincarnated. Like I said, she hid those ones into Junkyard...so that's why they kept the same memories of going to the beach, her house, and everything with them still.

Philemon
Entity of Light

View Profile Email
Philemon phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 11:34:49 PM »
Well I'm not saying the "fakes" were literally reincarnated, more like they were imported to the Junkyard and then their memories were repressed/firewalled/wiped/reset/what have you, but then they start remembering their "fake" lives they lived in Sera's fake world. So in essence they had a fresh start to gain new personalities not dictated by Sera, but while still retaining innate personality traits :)

"I, Philemon, and Nyarlathotep are the source of people's Selves--the personification of the Collective Unconsciousness. I lead those with strong hearts, and the Crawling Chaos seduces the weak to the Underworld."

Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 11:59:07 PM »
*shrugs* That's exactly what I said...^^; It's just like Sera...she forced herself inside the Junkyard to help her friends but doing that caused her memory to be fuzzy.

Philemon
Entity of Light

View Profile Email
Philemon phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 01:29:20 AM »
haha yea but thats what I was trying to say in my first post XD

Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 03:32:09 AM »
Yea well, I'm just wondering if we both confused the hell out of Nuu or not, haha.

Nuu
I like blood

View Profile Email
Nuu phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: October 19, 2005, 04:03:39 PM »
I'm confused. :)
I'm just confused about the relationship between fake Serph and AI Serph.  Aren't they the same person?  How come they're seperate inside that thingie then?

Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 11:22:07 AM »
They are the same person but it's just Sera's perspective on how she saw Serph. "Ok, so Serph is a nice guy so I think I'll make the Serph in my world a really nice guy too that I could fawn over." I'm assuming the same thing happened to them, like Sera, when they were entered into Junkyard. They're memories became fuzzy but they still built out new personalities(despite they are the same ones at the beach, they just didn't know that at first).

I think it's just a way to reflect on Serph considering he's being confronted by someone real(who Sera wasn't aware of) and someone fake(who Sera thought this person was). I don't know...now I'm getting confused. Then again, it's almost 1:30AM. D:

radiokill

View Profile Email
radiokill phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 12:21:25 PM »
Hm... this is how I understand it, it might not be very correct.

Fake Serph was the first ideal Serph that Sera created to overcome her lonliness. After her imaginary world was discovered, the data created was brought over to the Asura Project and either re-used to make AI Serph, or AI Serph was made from scratch. I personally think that the data was re-used, because AI Serph clearly had memories of the stuff in the imaginary world. Like 'ship', for instance.

radiokill has 20 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #12 on: October 20, 2005, 12:26:50 PM »
Quote from: radiokill
Hm... this is how I understand it, it might not be very correct.

Fake Serph was the first ideal Serph that Sera created to overcome her lonliness. After her imaginary world was discovered, the data created was brought over to the Asura Project and either re-used to make AI Serph, or AI Serph was made from scratch. I personally think that the data was re-used, because AI Serph clearly had memories of the stuff in the imaginary world. Like 'ship', for instance.

Radiokill, you're back! <3

I'm wondering, what happened to Sera after those events? I'm pretty sure she came out of the EGG(due to her growth) after all the chaos(Ha, was she in a coma for 5 years?). Plus, Varna should of ate Sera...not Argilla. D:

Soulless_Beast
Tragic Idiot.

View Profile Email
furious_st
Soulless_Beast phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: October 20, 2005, 06:18:17 PM »
I thought it was kinda like a combination of Sera's wish and or punishment of sorts for all of them. Sera imagined a space in which they all were happy even if it was a lie, like most children would if they were abused or traumatized such as in Sera's situation (Serph's betrayal, experiments, her fear of Heat, etc.) That building is the place where they all died and the imaginary space seemingly held part of their data (nature) perhaps that's where their souls ended up. It would explain part of this anyway. Sera's ties to Serph were stronger than his ties to her and it split him from his original sins.
 So when he confronted the actual events of the past via Schroedinger he learned of his true or previous nature as it were. In hindsight he perhaps was never that evil because no part of his past was revealed beyond that point. So there maybe more to his ambitions other than greed. The creator of this took several different approaches in creating this effect. One is the Alighierical approach by design. If the dreamspace would be paradise, then the junkyard is purgatory, and the re-emergence in the real world would be inferno. So what drove him? That would be the question. We know what happened to Sera now and how it did but the hard questions are why does she still hold on to the fake when everyone knows the truth including her and what does she gain from it? The next approach is the Freudian approach. If the Evil Serph is the real one, then the fake Serph is the possibility, and the AI Serph is the reality. The AI was really the only one left so in this order it would be:

Id(Core):Real Serph

Ego(Possibilty): Fake Serph

Superego(Reality):AI Serph

The real serph died and the fake was exposed so the only one that was truly left was the AI so that would be the be somehow in fact the "real" Serph because it survived itself and is really the only one recognized as "Serph".

Pandas on the storm.... Pandas on the storm.... Into this house we roam. Then to the streets we run. When the peeps aren't having fun it's to us they first shall come. Pandas on the storm... YEAH!

Soulless_Beast has 101 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Nuu
I like blood

View Profile Email
Nuu phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: October 20, 2005, 06:54:55 PM »
Actually, I'm not sure where I read this, but they say that since the EGG is an imitation of God, the data of real Serph and real Heat had stayed within the EGG and never left.  
So that means that the real Heat and Serph in there aren't illusions or anything, they were actually who they are.

So... that leaves Fake Serph... I'm just not sure why he's a seperate entity in there, because as far as I can tell, he's supposed to be A.I. Serph.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: