DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:41:24 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Current Favorite Anime. (Read 56684 times)
KoolestLoser
Harmonixer

View Profile Email
k00lestloser
KoolestLoser phones it in,
 « Reply #30 on: January 08, 2008, 11:38:00 AM »
Another awesome movie like Battle Royale would be "Versus."

Hilarious.

Almost forgot, "Samurai Fiction," too.

KoolestLoser has 14 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Wirebrain
Bauer Bar Addict

View Profile Email
Wirebrain phones it in,
 « Reply #31 on: January 08, 2008, 02:36:44 PM »
Quote from: Heat;6502
Yeah, I don't think so. Characters like Kiriyama really ruined the novel, I felt he was better in the movie, because he comes off less like a character created by a 12-year-old or something, and more like a weird sociopath, which is far more realistic than how he's portrayed in the novel. You can understand why they just omitted his backstory completely when they made the movie -- because it's stupid as hell. The movie is better because it omits all the stupid and poorly written backstories.The graphic novels were also pretty bad, but there's nudity, so I guess that's enough incentive for some bother with it. Wasn't enough for me, though. I'd recommend everyone just read the Running Man, the Long Walk, and Lord of the Flies [all of which undoubtedly inspired Battle Royale], and skip over the awful novel and graphic novel.

I agree that the second movie was terrible, though. Jesus Christ. It made zero sense.

I seriously disagree. Kiriyama being turned into "generic terminator kid" was one of the worst things that was done for the film, right along side "former teacher is the one running the program and Shinji deserved to be killed in the beginning"". He was much more frightening after I learned that he was incredibly smart, was in the class (instead of some hired gun) and really didn't care about picking off his fellow classmates after flipping a coin. He thought ahead and took out each kid coldly and efficiently in a realistic manner, unlike the movie's "RWAR! I CAN WITHSTAND BULLETS AND EXPLOSIONS JUS CUZ!" guy

A good deal of the kids just hunt themselves for cheap plot convenience and the silliest of deaths in the film (two kids jump off a cliff) actually became rather tragic in the comic.

I wasn't watching the movie for snuff film antics, I just wanted some hard core drama. I didn't get alot of that there, but both the book and comic worked really well for me (the fact that the comic got really graphic in its depictions didn't hurt either) and both had the luxury of time so we could get to know the kids, and the twisted world they lived in.

Wirebrain has 17 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Wirebrain
Bauer Bar Addict

View Profile Email
Wirebrain phones it in,
 « Reply #32 on: January 08, 2008, 02:42:48 PM »
Quote from: KoolestLoser;6510
Another awesome movie like Battle Royale would be "Versus."

Hilarious.

Almost forgot, "Samurai Fiction," too.

I've always called "Versus" the closest thing out there to "Devil May Cry: The Movie". It's no surprise they got Ryuhei Kitamura (the director of Versus) to script the cutscenes of DMC3. Another fine film by him is Godzilla: Final War which features gun katas, matrix fu, Godzillia kicking the crap out of the silly american version, and the living embodiment of Mayor Mike Haggar, Don Frye.

Has anyone here seen Sukiyaki Western yet?

Wirebrain has 17 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Camanche
Same shit, different style.

View Profile Email
camanche@gmail.com
Camanche phones it in,
 « Reply #33 on: January 13, 2008, 04:16:26 PM »
Serial Experiments Lain.

Camanche has 171 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
NinjaKasumi123

View Profile Email
NinjaKasumi123 phones it in,
 « Reply #34 on: January 14, 2008, 02:36:08 PM »
At the moment it is, Persona -trinity souls- and NANA

NinjaKasumi123 has 2 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #35 on: January 14, 2008, 03:27:08 PM »
Same as NinjaKasumi123, my favorite is Persona Trinity Soul and Death Note.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #36 on: January 15, 2008, 09:16:10 AM »
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and both Shakugan no Shana series.

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. " ~A Very Wise Man

QBasic has 159 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
CountDofChinatown
Crazed Petstore Owner

View Profile Email
CountDofChinatown phones it in,
 « Reply #37 on: January 15, 2008, 10:19:08 PM »
Is the second series of Shakugan no Shana any good? Loved the first but I havent found any links to the second.

CountDofChinatown has 56 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #38 on: January 15, 2008, 11:25:27 PM »
Quote from: CountDofChinatown;6585
Is the second series of Shakugan no Shana any good? Loved the first but I havent found any links to the second.

Lets just say it raises more questions regarding the Shana/Yuji/Kazumi/Konoe relationship, as well as problems regarding Silver (one hell of a plot twist, btw).  As for animation...I have to say the quality isn't as good as the first, but its gotten better.  The fight scene where Pheles and Margery attack is probably one of the most intense in the series, if not the.  So, if you liked the first one, you'll more or less like the second.

As to where to find it, try www.lolipower.com, DDL#3.

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. " ~A Very Wise Man

Soulless_Beast
Tragic Idiot.

View Profile Email
furious_st
Soulless_Beast phones it in,
 « Reply #39 on: January 19, 2008, 07:24:46 PM »
IMO burst angel was good. Rahxephon is classic and of course soul taker and dirty pair flash. I like ST because it is a good philosophy based/psychological anime. And Dirty pair because... Who doesn't want a laugh? H20 is a really good one I'm waiting on more translations it is really surprisingly sad bit well written. Shadow Skill and G Gundam also. Yuyu Hakusho shoulda been left on Adult Swim.... Irrumatus aesinae.

Pandas on the storm.... Pandas on the storm.... Into this house we roam. Then to the streets we run. When the peeps aren't having fun it's to us they first shall come. Pandas on the storm... YEAH!

Soulless_Beast has 101 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Raizengarth

View Profile Email
Raizengarth phones it in,
 « Reply #40 on: January 24, 2008, 01:49:12 AM »
My current?
Well my top past favorites are
Death Note, Cowboy Bebop, and Bleach

I don't watch anime nearly as much anymore

Raizengarth has 6 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #41 on: January 25, 2008, 01:18:40 AM »
Quote from: Emilio Morales;6570
Same as NinjaKasumi123, my favorite is Persona Trinity Soul and Death Note.

How can you like trinity soul, when only 3 episodes are out, and IMO, not very good ones... geno

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #42 on: January 25, 2008, 08:45:31 AM »
Quote from: QBasic;6646
How can you like trinity soul, when only 3 episodes are out, and IMO, not very good ones... geno

I must admit that Trinity Soul is going too slow! But I like the style, the effects, the music of the opening and ending, and because Persona series are my favorite franchise of Megaten.

Anyway, I just think is going too slow by now, but I sense something bigger and cooler later on the anime.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Ashura Dakana

View Profile Email
Ashura Dakana phones it in,
 « Reply #43 on: February 02, 2008, 06:47:44 PM »
Trigun is my favourite hands down. I love it how you can always tell when someone has watched it from someone who has just looked at pictures. anyone whos watched it will say its got a good story and characters, but anyone who hasnt will say its crap and just full of gunfights, and i do not just make this up, i have tested this theory out and it works

Ashura Dakana has 11 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #44 on: February 20, 2008, 10:14:22 AM »
Right now I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay into Miyazaki's late 70s mini(well as "mini" as you can get with compendious anime)-series Future Boy Conan, a surprisingly heart warming post-apocalyptic story about a kid who pretty much raises himself after his grandpa dies on a small island after the world is destroyed in some sort of "magnetic war."  I guess its based off of an Alexander Key novel called "The Incredible Tide," which I incidentally had the pleasure of reading in seventh grade, after which I promptly forgot all about it.  Apparently its an *extremely* rare novel and was only in print (in English I suppose) for a few years in the 70s as is my understanding.  <------- Digression

Other than that its all been Kagaku Ninjatai Gatchaman!

And of course the new Hakaba no Kitarou series that's airing in Japan right now... Whenever they get around to being uploaded on Youtube that is...

« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 10:17:55 AM by DevilRy »

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: