DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:22:05 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona 3 Fes petition (Read 14590 times)
sennin

View Profile Email
sennin phones it in,
 « on: September 28, 2007, 04:34:21 PM »
As some of you here might be aware, there is an ongoing petition to get Atlus USA into working on a Fes localization. While censorship may or may not be an issue, this is the first collective effort in getting Persona 3 fans to pledge support for Fes. You have a choice to voice dissent over censorship or agree to  it. Atlus wants profits and we want Fes. I'm here to spread the word and hopefully if anyone thinks this is a good cause, kindly spend a few minutes to sign the petition and pen some comments for Atlus to read.

At least one admin @ Atlus' boards is aware of the petition.

Fes petition here

Please help to network the petition and may Atlus USA be persuaded into taking action!

sennin has 3 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 06:49:40 PM »
The only thing I wanna know is that, Is this really going to ATLUS eyes? and before I do anything, how much safe is this? I don´t want to ruin my computer by a stupid virus. If it is safe and ATLUS is going to read it, count with my vote!

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
nightsavior phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 08:59:24 PM »
112 signatures not bad. I'm 112. Hopefully it'll go to the right people. I would buy Festival. I know it isn't  100+ hours of additional content or anything too miraculous but I believe their are more costumes + a new character that is like Aegis, another whole plot with Chidori, more personas, and if  I'm not mistaken Fuka becomes a playable character.

nightsavior has 156 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
sennin

View Profile Email
sennin phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 11:45:16 PM »
My apologies, I should have given the link.

As you can see, an avatar with a red nick called Inzaghi replied in the thread. Red nicks @ Atlus' forums are administrators.

Thanks for showing support, and kindly assist in spreading the word among SMT/Persona 3 fans. 100+ signatures is a good start, but we need somewhere like 13 000 to really make an impact.

To the best of my knowledge, in addition to here, the following forums are aware of this petition:

gamefaqs
rpgfan
Atlus boards

« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 11:49:17 PM by sennin »

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 12:03:21 AM »
Ok! That´s enough for me! I´ll sign! Is there a way we can get to the 13,000 signatures quicker?

sennin

View Profile Email
sennin phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 02:47:00 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to support the petition. As of now, I have really run out of ideas to spread awareness as I've done all I can by signing up on rpg/console/gaming forums to spread the word.

Some suggestions:

- If your school/college has an anime or gaming club, it might a good idea to print some flyers and distribute those. Naturally, work within your campus' policies with regards to campaigning.  

- For those sitting on the fence regarding Persona 3 as a quality rpg (e.g. your gaming friends/family members), we can try to encourage them to rent or buy the game. If they fall in love with P3 as I did, I'm sure it will take little convincing to get them to sign the petition. azn

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 05:00:08 PM »
I was thinking, maybe we can gather emails from our friends or contacts, and sign petitions with those emails?

Lord Stevero Kennedy
Strategic Man of Honor

View Profile Email
Lord Stevero Kennedy phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 06:48:49 AM »
What Exactly is so controversial about it? I have'nt checked it out, but, i could probably get more information from the fine people here, anyway.

Lord Stevero Kennedy has 14 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
DemonAtmaNizzo

View Profile Email
DemonAtmaNizzo phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 04:51:02 PM »
One of the major issues is a particular persona called Mara. If you've played SMTII you might remember it to be a phallus on a chariot. In Nocturne they put in a parodical censor where Mara's summoning ritual was incomplete and he took the form of a slime. However in P3:F he's back to his horny virility.

DemonAtmaNizzo has 72 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 08:57:52 PM »
Wait!! What is this "Open to Censorship", in the signatures?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 10:06:39 PM by Emilio Morales »

Lord Stevero Kennedy
Strategic Man of Honor

View Profile Email
Lord Stevero Kennedy phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 06:39:30 AM »
Oh, i think I've heard of it. Isn't it supposed to be in the P1 snow queen quest?
Although, i never went into any of the towers except the one dream tower thing :/
(some sleeping girl or something)
I haven't played ANY of the SMT (sadly) so, i haven't a clue.
I don't think that should be much of an issue though. If parents would just read esrb's...

« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 06:42:07 AM by Lord Stevero Kennedy »

Lord Stevero Kennedy has 14 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Oni-Kagura
You know, that one guy.

View Profile Email
Oni-Kagura phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 03:26:52 AM »
Controversial or not, it would be a crime for Atlus NOT to release Fez. I mean...they finally, *FINALLY* have an audience (Or, more accurately,  mainstream attention), for MegaTen, after nearly 10 years of cult success since the first couple Persona games. If they released Fez, they might be able to nail down a larger "permanent" audience in America, which would help both the SMT series AND Atlus' status as a developer...but they still hesitate.

Unless I've missed a direct quote (which is certainly possible, I haven't been able to pay as much attention to this stuff since a new semester of college started), I doubt Mara's appearance is the largest culprit here...I think Atlus is hesitating more because this kind of expansion is pretty rare in American gaming (the only other example I can think of are "Map packs" to FPS games like Halo), so they really don't have a model for it's financial viability.

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
 - Jules de Gaultier

Oni-Kagura has 35 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
BoreS
Russian MegaTen Society

BoreS phones it in,
 « Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 05:10:07 AM »
663 BoreS :)

BoreS has 46 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
moncikoma

View Profile Email
moncikoma phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 01:53:32 AM »
and YES this month the game will be out!! FES!!! fast!!!

moncikoma has 6 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: