DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:37:01 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DDS2 Help Thread (Read 24420 times)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « on: October 09, 2005, 11:14:08 PM »
I figured this should be started up for any future questions dealing with actual game situations. The original DDS2 thread is getting bigger as time goes on and having it get too crowded will just lead to things being lost. I figure the other thread can be a bit more "general".

I'm not having any major problems (I'm playing on normal, which seems ridiculously easy for whatever reason), but I was wondering about a couple of things. Maybe someone knows.

Is there any method to get Jack Frost to appear in battle and ask you questions? It happened to me once in the Internment Facility (or whatever) and never again. I answered a few of the questions, but messed up on that Bugaboo one.

The other question deals with him as well: In the Karma Society Tower, what's with the stuffed animals of him in certain rooms? Do they have any point?

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
JaggedJim
Persona User

View Profile Email
JaggedJim phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 02:18:37 AM »
Is there any method to get Jack Frost to appear in battle and ask you questions? It happened to me once in the Internment Facility (or whatever) and never again. I answered a few of the questions, but messed up on that Bugaboo one.

I don't know why, but I seemed to run into him a lot during my first visit to the EGG. I encountered Jack Frost three times along with four Omoikane battles, and I have yet to see either again after clearing that dungeon.

The other question deals with him as well: In the Karma Society Tower, what's with the stuffed animals of him in certain rooms? Do they have any point?

Dunno. It's probably just something to make you say "A Jack Frost plushie! Cute!"

JaggedJim has 27 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 03:04:24 AM »
I have to agree, part 2 seemed a bit more easy...especially to level up and gain money. I was downloading so much mantra...D:

I haven't played in a while but he(Jack Frost) just randomly pops up at times. I mostly encountered him a lot at the Meat Factory. Maybe you can try there?

"I'll grab the stars if you want them..."

Argilla has 291 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Dark Serenade

View Profile Email
Dark Serenade phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 09:29:54 AM »
http://homepage.mac.com/shatfield1529/JackFrostTrivia.txt

That link has a lot of the answers to Jack Frost's questions.  Also it is not my work.  It was organizied by someone at gamefaqs.

Dark Serenade has 1 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Naomi
Lonely

View Profile Email
Angelic_Naomi@hotmail.com Arielg03
Naomi phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 02:23:14 PM »
I'm trying to beat Abadon in the EGG Facility. The big green thing.

Yay I have DDS2 and the Soundtrack!

Naomi has 37 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Philemon
Entity of Light

View Profile Email
Philemon phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 05:09:05 PM »
leveling up a bit and having angelic grace combo and buffing and debuffing spells will help a lot with Abaddon :)

"I, Philemon, and Nyarlathotep are the source of people's Selves--the personification of the Collective Unconsciousness. I lead those with strong hearts, and the Crawling Chaos seduces the weak to the Underworld."

Philemon has 30 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
ducirous
The Dark 'One'

View Profile Email
ducirous phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 09:22:39 PM »
Wouldn't it be easier if you master Magic resist to battle all the monster?
I m not sure if there is that mantra like dds1 but i did get all the resist mantra there in this game too i will lvl up to 99.
(It will take sometime to master it all and a sum of money as well.)

ducirous has 1 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Soulless_Beast
Tragic Idiot.

View Profile Email
furious_st
Soulless_Beast phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 06:22:37 PM »
To Naomi,

Abadon, Abadon, Abadon um, Oh yeah you mean that slimer from ghostbusters knockoff? One name.Lvl up to about 28 with Cielo, trust me on this. Let him fight in that one and give him lightning the stronger the better. On mine he was doing 200+ alone with zionga and no boost, imagine a dyne lvl spell. It's not his weakness but trust me it'll hurt far more than his weakness ever could, have at the least two people have media and me patra. You should do fine. Good luck with that. Watchout for him eating and trying to digest your party.

Does anyone know where I can get a complete mantra grid for dds2? Tried gamefaqs didn't work unless it's just now been put up. Thnx.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 01:23:44 PM by Argilla »

Pandas on the storm.... Pandas on the storm.... Into this house we roam. Then to the streets we run. When the peeps aren't having fun it's to us they first shall come. Pandas on the storm... YEAH!

Soulless_Beast has 101 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Hitoshura
Demi-Fiend

View Profile Email
Hitoshura phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 02:30:09 AM »
A partially incomplete one, made by Starion:
http://www.geocities.com/starion_gf/DDS2_MantraGrid.png

Hito de nashi. Roku de nashi. Ikuji nashi!-Chloe Valens
(Tales of Legendia)

Hitoshura has 8 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Soulless_Beast
Tragic Idiot.

View Profile Email
furious_st
Soulless_Beast phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 11:36:28 AM »
Thnx Hitoshura. It helps out a lot. But one question remains. Possible Spoiler. If it only takes one person to do spells like Trisagion then what are the new finalelement combos? One more thing has anyone else noticed the numerical symbols on the spine of the cases.

Pandas on the storm.... Pandas on the storm.... Into this house we roam. Then to the streets we run. When the peeps aren't having fun it's to us they first shall come. Pandas on the storm... YEAH!

Soulless_Beast has 101 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Hitoshura
Demi-Fiend

View Profile Email
Hitoshura phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 02:08:20 PM »
Quote from: Soulless_Beast
then what are the new finalelement combos?

If you mean about elements then there's none, you can still have Trisagion through combos (Fire Amp + Force Amp + Megido/La/On), but no farther than that.

Hito de nashi. Roku de nashi. Ikuji nashi!-Chloe Valens
(Tales of Legendia)

Hitoshura has 8 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Naomi
Lonely

View Profile Email
Naomi phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: October 13, 2005, 12:26:14 PM »
Here's a completed one, made also by Starion:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/924460.html

Edit by Tony: Link won't work and GameFAQs doesn't appreciate direct links. I just linked to the main page instead. You can see the grid link there.

Sith Lord Illidan
Vicious Ranch Tooth

View Profile Email
hanumachine_R@yahoo.com
Sith Lord Illidan phones it in,
 « Reply #12 on: October 14, 2005, 12:36:57 PM »
Edit by Tony: Link won't work and GameFAQs doesn't appreciate direct links. I just linked to the main page instead. You can see the grid link there.

Then you might want to fix the hyperlink as well, whenever I click on the link on Naomi's post I still get the famous error page from GameFAQs.

Sith Lord Illidan has 18 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: October 14, 2005, 02:54:46 PM »
Quote from: Sith Lord Illidan
Then you might want to fix the hyperlink as well, whenever I click on the link on Naomi's post I still get the famous error page from GameFAQs.

I had replaced it, but for whatever reason it just replaced the text and not the link. It's fixed, in any case.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Naomi
Lonely

View Profile Email
Naomi phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: October 15, 2005, 01:55:10 PM »
I finally beat Abbadon. Now I'm in the Power Plant. There are going to release Meganada. That's bad. Thanks for changing the linkTony. I'm trying to beat Vritra. But the Tentacles are blocking my attacks. >_< the weakness is Elec. but  he keeps on beating me.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 11:06:03 PM by Naomi »

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: