DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:27:20 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doubt about games conecction. (Read 8891 times)
Neclord X

View Profile Email
RAOU
Neclord X phones it in,
 « on: June 08, 2009, 07:51:16 AM »
First say hi.

Second, i can't say i'm a Megami series fan in general i'm just fan of some of the games.

And i have a doubt about how the games are connected between them, if they are.

I mean i don't know if all the games are part of some kind of "huge world" if they are from "coexisting parallel worlds" or if each game/saga is set on complete diferent worlds without conexion (like FF).

I know a few things, i know Persona 3 and 4 are directly related but i dont know if are set in the same world where is set Persona 1-2 or the anime "Trinity soul". I don't know if the Devil summoner series is set at the same world as Persona or Digital devil Saga. If Nocturne is the "last game" in chronological order or just a complete different world, etc.

Long history short, i want to know how the different games and sagas are connected between them.

Thanks

27 RunesSuikoden Spanish Site.

Neclord X has 2 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 02:18:58 AM »
As far as I can think they're all in the same "world" as in on planet earth!! They're also all in the same timeline, other than some games like "If...", which the title itself implies it's an alternative reality... either just for shits and giggles or because some nefarious demiurge made it so.

Now this is for the "Shin Megami Tensei" titles produced by Atlus. I'm a big fan of the original non-Shin games prior to Atlus' takeover/bastardization (however you like to think of it) ...anyway the Shin games in essence are their own alternative universe. Anything non-Shin is in the original universe presumably.

Now the title itself has a word similar to "reincarnation" in the title, and the premise of the games is reality goes thru rebirths so to speak or whatever. So some far flung setting like with the Avatar Tuner (DDSaga) games might happen in a post reincarnation universe or who knows, but it's still part of reality... and in fact the SMT universe physics probably do not allow for coexisting alternative realities, so all games are also part of the same "timeline".

Now about "universes" ...many of the casts of characters and settings in games don't overlap at all. I would call the games that do overlap series. So Persona1/2 (as much as I would like to forget about 2 myself) are a series, but 3 and 4 are not part of that series. 3 and 4 might be a series, but I don't know enough about them. Nocturne is in a series with SMT1 and SMT2, but since it has a subtitle it might actually be a gaiden of some true SMT3 someday. Just some examples. If you really want to know the details you gotta at least read about the different games (if not play them) somewhere/how rainbow

Edited: Welcome!

PS: I think Atlus has dropped the Shin Megami Tensei from most of their sequel titles, but if you go back to the original there is usually either SMT or Megami Ibunroku in the title.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 02:23:53 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: