DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:32:46 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Revelations: The Demon Slayer (Read 21919 times)
Matsudai Hibiki
Echo and Narcissus

View Profile Email
AruKristaller@hotmail.com Setsuzoku
Matsudai Hibiki phones it in,
 « on: September 10, 2007, 01:10:16 PM »
Has anyone on this board owned this game and beat it all the way through? I had only played it briefly years ago, semi-legally, mind you. I enjoyed it, but I never knew that it was a Megaten game until about two months ago.

@_@

Matsudai Hibiki has 17 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 04:00:02 PM »
Revelations: The Demon Slayer, that was a game of game boy? If thats so, I just have play it, but only a little, just the first part when you became a Demon Slayer and they gave your title, and I dont remeber that much either. I didn´t knew that was of Megaten, but when I see the type of battle and the contact system, I imediatelly knew it was of this awesome series.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Matsudai Hibiki
Echo and Narcissus

View Profile Email
 « Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 08:25:43 PM »
Yup, I do believe it was a Megaten spin off. I think it was called...Megaten Gaiden: Lost Bible or something like that...

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 09:20:52 PM »
That´s one of the things I like of Megaten games, they are everywere!! and if you see, they are for all types of audiences, like Devil Children, for small gamers, to Persona for mature gamers! (and all the other megaten titles).

And can you tell me please, who was the last boss on, Revelations: The Demon Slayer?

Matsudai Hibiki
Echo and Narcissus

View Profile Email
 « Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 09:28:04 PM »
No idea. I never really got all that far in it. =/

I totally agree about the Megaten games in that respect! I just wish that:

A: Atlus produced more of the Megaten games, so more people could play them.
B: Release more Megaten games instead of keeping them Japan exclusive.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 10:44:53 PM »
Quote from: Matsudai Hibiki;5079
No idea. I never really got all that far in it. =/

I totally agree about the Megaten games in that respect! I just wish that:

A: Atlus produced more of the Megaten games, so more people could play them.
B: Release more Megaten games instead of keeping them Japan exclusive.

Yes you´re right!! A lot of people didn´t know the existence of Megaten until they saw Persona 3 (but others with Nocturne). A lot of people skip all the NES and SNES games of Megaten, and the ones on the PSX and SATURN.

So what we need is that all the Megaten games get localized!

rotkappchen
Baroque n'roll

View Profile WWW Email
334285557 Rotkasama@hotmail.com rotkasama rotkasama
rotkappchen phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 09:08:24 AM »
Hello ! SPOILER HERE :

The last boss of Demon Slayer aka Last Bible is lucifer if I recall correctly:

and the last boss of Last bible 2 is pretty interesting :

It's like a primitiv version of YHVH, called Gaia, and at the end of the game he puts a curse on the hero, who will be touch for 2000 years, like the hero in SMT II. When we knew than Last Bible could have been placed 2000 years before SMT II (aka 20xx), it could be a very intersting story.
My thought is that Last Bible take place in year zero, the begining of the megaten bible if you want. And the hero is put a curse on him for 2000 years. Then 2000 years later, it's SMTII and a new Messiah is born.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 12:45:51 PM by rotkappchen »

rotkappchen has 19 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 09:52:02 AM »
Wow cool! so are you saying that Last Bible is where all begins? And what about those screen shots? Do you made them, you were playing the game or you just find the screen shots on the internet, if not, can you please tell me if that game is as the same difficult as the other megaten games.  Thanks for posting those images!!

rotkappchen
Baroque n'roll

View Profile WWW Email
 « Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 12:12:47 PM »
I played and finished the 3 Last Bible Games. The screenshots are from my emulated gamethrough.
The first one is easily my favourite, because it's really attractive and not that hard. And for a gameboy RPG, it's very deep and interesting. And it was released in us so, it's nice :) !
The second one is a direct sequel to Demon Slayer, it's really pretty much the same gameplay and progression, the only thing that changes is the story, a more megatenism one, and it's only my interpretation but it really seems to be the beginning of the megaten world.
The two last bible games for gameboy are not that hard and very short. Like 15 hours long if you don't mind to collect all the demons.

The third Last bible for super famicom is very strange, it's one of my worst favourite megaten game with RONDE (on saturn). Strange monster design, uninspired musics, very very very short dungeons and annoying encountered rate, but the story is interresting and kind of dark and unique for that time. If you want some spoilers on the story, i can do it.
Last Bible 3 seems to take place about 500 years later than the first two last bible games, but i hadn't see a precise dating for it. It's not a good game anyways.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 01:34:40 PM »
Give me all the spoilers you want, I don´t care! I just want to know more about the Last Bible games, since are the games that I don´t have play that much as other Megaten titles. Thanks!!

rotkappchen
Baroque n'roll

View Profile WWW Email
 « Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 05:01:19 PM »
Ok here are Last Bible 3 Spoilers.

If I recall correctly, you play a guy named Shell, just the hero guy lambda.
The main character of the game is a dark one, named Arek. You see him in the opening video of the game, he's dying and enter in hell or in the demon world. Then you play Shell and his team mates in a steampunk country where energy becaomes unlimited. So there is pollution, high technology based on a classic fantasy story, planes and lots of police districts surrounding the cities.

During your trip through the storyline, the guy you saw during the introduction (Arek) is planning to become the king of hell. So basically, he made himself the king of all demons.

The game is a very classic rpg during the first part of the story, but eventually all your team mates will die one after another, just like in FFIV or DDS2. Then it's time to Shell, the guy you play, to die and then to wake up in an outstanding realm, the Luciferium. You now play in the deadworld, basically, you're in the makai or in hell, where you will hear about Arek leading the demon's kingdom.
So you can recruite your old team mates but in this new world you could make team with lucifer and other powerfuls demons.
Then you kill Arek and you return in your world with the livings -> happy ending.

But it was one of the first RPG, i think, to be very tragic with your complete team diying and then a great plot twist where you fight with de dead.
I don't know if i was very understanding, i'm french so english is not my first language and I played Last Bible 3 long time ago. A great story but a terrible gameplay and game.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 05:04:13 PM by rotkappchen »

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 08:03:04 PM »
Wow, cool thanks! If you look well in the Megaten saga, the most of the endings (not all), are unhappy endings. A cool trait of Megaten games indeed.

DemonAtmaNizzo

View Profile Email
DemonAtmaNizzo phones it in,
 « Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 04:54:51 PM »
Quote from: rotkappchen;5110
Ok here are Last Bible 3 Spoilers.

If I recall correctly, you play a guy named Shell, just the hero guy lambda.
The main character of the game is a dark one, named Arek. You see him in the opening video of the game, he's dying and enter in hell or in the demon world. Then you play Shell and his team mates in a steampunk country where energy becaomes unlimited. So there is pollution, high technology based on a classic fantasy story, planes and lots of police districts surrounding the cities.

During your trip through the storyline, the guy you saw during the introduction (Arek) is planning to become the king of hell. So basically, he made himself the king of all demons.

The game is a very classic rpg during the first part of the story, but eventually all your team mates will die one after another, just like in FFIV or DDS2. Then it's time to Shell, the guy you play, to die and then to wake up in an outstanding realm, the Luciferium. You now play in the deadworld, basically, you're in the makai or in hell, where you will hear about Arek leading the demon's kingdom.
So you can recruite your old team mates but in this new world you could make team with lucifer and other powerfuls demons.
Then you kill Arek and you return in your world with the livings -> happy ending.

But it was one of the first RPG, i think, to be very tragic with your complete team diying and then a great plot twist where you fight with de dead.
I don't know if i was very understanding, i'm french so english is not my first language and I played Last Bible 3 long time ago. A great story but a terrible gameplay and game.

Sounds a lot like [SPOILER]Digital Devil Saga 2[/SPOILER], actually.

The twist, I mean.

DemonAtmaNizzo has 72 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
KaitoYamada

View Profile WWW Email
fireworksgoup
KaitoYamada phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 12:52:07 PM »
Sorry to renew an old thread, but is their a translation for Last Bible 2 or 3? I've looked around the net, and haven't found anything. crying

-Nolan

KaitoYamada has 11 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tapio

View Profile Email
Tapio phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008, 06:07:35 AM »
I don't think unfortunately...
The only Megami Tensei which have been translated by fans are:
_Shin Megami Tensei (SFC)
_Shin Megami Tensei II (SFC)
_Another Bible (GB)

If you know others, please tell me.