DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:51:44 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona 3 Fes in UK (Read 41112 times)
Kryuzei

View Profile Email
Kryuzei phones it in,
 « Reply #30 on: September 16, 2007, 05:21:54 AM »
Piracy ? . . .
That's something that cannot be avoided in my country. I mean, all the games in here (Wii, NDS, PSP, XBOX, PS2) all has been pirated :D
Cool huh ?
I mean, no Original that can be selled here, it just won't take fortunes.
I was only suggesting that Koei is our last hope at trying to get Fes in the English language, so we should try and do what we can and let our opinions be heard to them.
Damn PAL , damn PAL , damn PAL >_>;;

So. . It is not an illusion after all. . It's. .Really. . Hurts. . . Isn't it. .?

Kryuzei has 25 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #31 on: September 16, 2007, 12:40:15 PM »
It can't be avoided in any country. But whatever, I'm done. I'm tired of coming here and thinking "What did he post this time."

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
Ali
The Protagonist

View Profile Email
Ali phones it in,
 « Reply #32 on: September 16, 2007, 08:49:15 PM »
If P3 is getting distributed within Europe, chances are Ghostlight will be doing it (as they did previously with DDS, LC and Devil Summoner....).

In regards to piracy, support the devs and buy it legally

2c

Ali has 15 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #33 on: September 17, 2007, 12:51:22 AM »
Quote from: Neao;5183
It can't be avoided in any country. But whatever, I'm done. I'm tired of coming here and thinking "What did he post this time."

Geez, I can see now why the other thread degenerated to the point of fascist name calling.

Its difficult to tell whether brand loyalty is simply being touted, or intrinsically fascist perspectives are being vocalized.

Modern "pirating" is a vital force in capitalism, as could be the more traditional variety. In developed nations it is a bulwark against fascism. In poor nations it is a means for people to elevate their minds and help spead competitive markets into their regions.

No one has suggested somehow depriving Atlus its dues. Everyone understands without money, no more games! Why sensationalize an already loaded argument in which you've presumably zero stock?

A simple search:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/january2005/130105fascistsymbols.htm

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Fasces

Intrinsically fascism is probably not even necessarily a good or bad thing, but know your p's and q's. Use your head or lose it.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 12:58:39 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #34 on: September 17, 2007, 05:10:25 PM »
Do not call me a facist. I never really called you anything, and I ask you to do the same. I don't support fascism, and I can't see how you got to that conclusion. All I said is that there is/was never a true capitalist country. I do, however, think capitalism is great. By the way, stop thinking that you are right. I have said that piracy is needed to an extent, I do understand your viewpoint. Stop being so arrogant and see the other side too. Thinking that I have 'zero stock' in my idea that piracy is wrong is ridiculous, it is a valid point that it should not be done. How can you believe in something that is illegal and wrong with such conviction?

By the way, if I'm against gaming piracy, I'm not a fascist and I don't suck someone's dick. You are the one that actually insulted someone for what they believe.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 09:11:48 PM by Neao »

nightsavior

View Profile Email
nightsavior phones it in,
 « Reply #35 on: September 18, 2007, 07:04:04 PM »
Gods. This is a Megaten fan-site. People  are meant to get together and have fun not impale each other. I know differences in opinion will arise but that's no reason to hate someone or say they suck the man-stick. Once someone goes as low as flaming to me they lose credibility.

I've encountered what can be considered a "anti-establishment-elitism" attitude before. It boils down to calling someone fascist just for being American and because they were raised in a society driven by capitalism and democracy. Quite bigoted if you ask me.

First off not all Americans think the same. Not all of us like what is happening in the Middle East. Not all of us are patriotic to the point we think America is absolutely perfect. Not all of us like getting drunk, spouting about religion, or  have narrow minded views on sexuality and immigration. We are individuals just like people in Europe and Asia are individuals.

The bottom line is in most scenarios piracy IS wrong.(Though exceptions always exist.) It cuts into the profit margin of an honest company putting out an honest quality product.(aka Atlus) Sure it may start out as a small isolated incident where only say 50 people download P3 illegally but that can grow into something bigger resulting in Atlus wanting nothing to do with a particular place just because a few selfish individuals had to shoot up the credibility of the people they represent through digital theft. Thus if piracy goes wrong it DOES NOT just effect pirates it effects the consumers in a particular area as well.

I admit a world in which I could get everything for free is appealing but this is the end result.

1. Everyone or at least a lot of people become pirates and get crap loads of free awesome stuff. Yeah, seems great!

2. The illegal distributors get credit to hand out pirated goods becoming filthy rich or at least pretty well off.

3. The company that made said product gets no money or rather not enough money to keep up production. They close shop and are unable to create future quality products.

4. People whine a company like Atlus is no more. Where is Persona 4 or the next Devil summoner? In the limbo of bankruptcy yet to be finished.

5. The people with the money that Atlus should have got are good at ripping but they ARE NOT good at programming. Thus even with their piles of cash they're not able to help crank out more games.

6. Of course a big company like SE or Disney  is not going to be brought down by pirates. However a lot of companies that put out good entertainment are not nearly as big or well off so yes, they can be effected by piracy. I call that "common sense."

When it is right? Maybe if you plan to buy the original product when you can and are broke now it is acceptable or it is the "only way" you can get certain things in your country. I don't think entertainment should be for just a select few but at the same time to do it just for bragging rights or as a status symbol is juvenile and stupid.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 07:28:31 PM by nightsavior »

nightsavior has 156 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #36 on: September 18, 2007, 07:17:23 PM »
Man, what have I been saying for the past 10 posts?:P Good job at taking the middle ground nightsavior. This argument is pointless here and fills up a thread with needless shit. Thus, making nightsavior make a lengthy post, filling the thread up with more off-topic, needless shit. Not that our ideas are shit, but you know what I mean.

nightsavior

View Profile Email
nightsavior phones it in,
 « Reply #37 on: September 18, 2007, 07:22:12 PM »
Good point. Back on topic then Neao. lol.

UK+ Persona 3 or FES = Good. That simple.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 07:27:33 PM by nightsavior »

nightsavior has 156 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #38 on: September 21, 2007, 05:59:01 PM »
Goodness, I never pointed the fascist finger at anybody.

It seems your avatar pretty much sums up the ceiling of any dialogue you choose to interject in.

Other than just now, did I ever address anyone personally? Cool your jets.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #39 on: September 21, 2007, 06:36:03 PM »
1. Everyone or at least a lot of people become pirates and get crap loads of free awesome stuff. Yeah, seems great!

2. The illegal distributors get credit to hand out pirated goods becoming filthy rich or at least pretty well off.

3. The company that made said product gets no money or rather not enough money to keep up production. They close shop and are unable to create future quality products.

4. People whine a company like Atlus is no more. Where is Persona 4 or the next Devil summoner? In the limbo of bankruptcy yet to be finished.

5. The people with the money that Atlus should have got are good at ripping but they ARE NOT good at programming. Thus even with their piles of cash they're not able to help crank out more games.

6. Of course a big company like SE or Disney is not going to be brought down by pirates. However a lot of companies that put out good entertainment are not nearly as big or well off so yes, they can be effected by piracy. I call that "common sense."

Piracy is a tool, it doesn't make a person greedy or selfish. That is up to the calibur of people.  Even if such a scenario was a technical and unescapible reality, which it could realistically be someday. Atlus would require benifactors to donate to their studios to keep the games coming. Which is actually the way art has been done for the glut of the existence of the human race. When you consciously choose to purchase a game, you are in essence making a donation to Atlus. You can't regulate morality. When a government tries to it only makes people bitter and more likely to take acts like piracy for granted. This has been the case ever since consumer tape recorders hit the scene for example. Industry shit itself over those too, but their profits only soared. Piracy is basically exposure. If the product is good, the people will embrace it. If it is not, piracy is a way of miitigating the false introduction of shotty commodities into the market place.

It is true with console games you can generally rent first. Consider theatrical releases though for example. Reviewers are great, but what if you are a sort of person with completely other values than reviewers.

Piracy also forces the industry business model to catch up with evolving technology. That is the problem the music industry is facing right now. People pirate music, not to be thrifty, but because it is so infinitely more convenient. The industry has to find new delivery mechanisms for music. They are trying, but the price they are asking is still at least three times too much, and the restrictions are absurd, so that industry will continue to grapple with piracy until it catches up with the realities of the 21st century.

Btw, these lengthy ideological posts are largely rhetorical. I enjoy the chance to think through these ethical dilemmas and am  happy to share as long as the question is posed. But please don't mistake observation for an invitation to spar over personal belief systems.

And just for the record, large questioonable institutions like Disney would be the most likely to faulter under the pressures of long term piracy, and are most likely where the heavy handed resistance to piracy originates.

I do think this topic is quite relevant to the thread btw, but I encourage anyone to not persue a personal stake in it.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 06:42:53 PM by yksehtniycul »

Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #40 on: September 21, 2007, 08:48:09 PM »
Yksehtniycul you need to calm down. You weren't pointing your finger at anyone and calling them a facist, but you were certainly alluding to some form of it being here.  

By the way, I never told you to do anything, I chose my avatar because it was a funny play on a very calm and reserved character. I, and even nightsavior, try to end this argument and you further it by trying to insult me because of an avatar I like? I think that says more about you than my avatar could ever say about me. Stop contradicting yourself, you keep on getting on my case for name calling or insulting or having a humorous avatar. You are the first one to say I suck Atlus' dick for saying piracy is wrong. You are the first one to insult me for something I took a stance on.  

And I honestly think telling someone not to take a 'personal stake' in an argument because you think you are so justly right is really just plain arrogance. That is something I already said, but you don't really seem to get where I'm coming from. You just stay on your viewpoint, and I'll understand both stances.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #41 on: September 21, 2007, 10:01:19 PM »
Quote from: Neao;5220
Yksehtniycul you need to calm down. You weren't pointing your finger at anyone and calling them a facist, but you were certainly alluding to some form of it being here.  

By the way, I never told you to do anything, I chose my avatar because it was a funny play on a very calm and reserved character. I, and even nightsavior, try to end this argument and you further it by trying to insult me because of an avatar I like? I think that says more about you than my avatar could ever say about me. Stop contradicting yourself, you keep on getting on my case for name calling or insulting or having a humorous avatar. You are the first one to say I suck Atlus' dick for saying piracy is wrong. You are the first one to insult me for something I took a stance on.  

And I honestly think telling someone not to take a 'personal stake' in an argument because you think you are so justly right is really just plain arrogance. That is something I already said, but you don't really seem to get where I'm coming from. You just stay on your viewpoint, and I'll understand both stances.

I think its all the pathos you bring to the table with every compounded utterance which begs the questions one could only dream of possessing the ample time to address. Bringing emotianal baggage into a public forum is bad form. Get a grip on your tongue, then maybe people would afford you the attention you both demand and in leave dismiss by.

I honestly don't have a dog here. I just have a natural impulse to correct misinformation and misguided emotional iconisms wherever I spy them.

offtopic: Btw, is this forum dead now? I thought it had become a sort of spiritual successor to past forums for an instant. But now it seems to've returned to a handful of holdout participants.

Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #42 on: September 23, 2007, 07:42:24 PM »
I really am not putting my emotions into a thread on a forum. I'm stating facts. You said one thing, and did the other. By the way, you have a different perception of whats misinformed or misguided. Thus, when you try to correct people, you come across as an asshole. I'm just really tired of this 'post battle'. You won't understand me, I won't understand you. Might as well just end this so people, whoever does come as we probably scared them off with this bullshit, can talk about P3 Fes.

amnefarius

View Profile Email
amnefarius phones it in,
 « Reply #43 on: September 24, 2007, 07:24:03 PM »
My friend Ecks is looking forward to seeing it hit UK, I'll be calling him to see if Europe didn't get shorthanded on the deal.

amnefarius has 16 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #44 on: September 25, 2007, 01:15:31 AM »
Quote from: Neao;5235
I really am not putting my emotions into a thread on a forum. I'm stating facts. You said one thing, and did the other. By the way, you have a different perception of whats misinformed or misguided. Thus, when you try to correct people, you come across as an asshole. I'm just really tired of this 'post battle'. You won't understand me, I won't understand you. Might as well just end this so people, whoever does come as we probably scared them off with this bullshit, can talk about P3 Fes.

I wasn't correcting you. I was just providing an alternative perspective, which seemed needed, because of the heavy handed way you (and others) were conducting yourselves.

The way you assert  yourself and load your sentences is highly suggestive of emotional investment (Maybe that is just a superficial part of Emo culture -- which is something I don't begin to comprehend. However) It is an irresponsible way to present your thoughts via the internet, where many impressionable people from diverse backgrounds form their opinions. It naturally invites concerned people to even the playing field.

There isn't a ton to say about Fes, and I am an "asshole". Just for the record.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: