DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:41:30 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a way to get FES! (Read 21844 times)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 06:48:00 AM »
Quote from: Kryuzei;4997
before PS2 died.

Damn it hurts to admit it but yes, but I dont want the PS2 to die. Well what can we do is just going to the other forums and tell them to put their votes on the ATLUS message board, and we keep posting as much as possible, but with good reasons (not just only a "please").

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
nightsavior phones it in,
 « Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 10:40:51 PM »
Well I think they'd be flattered we want to pay for FES even after getting the original. However the "original P3" has to do  well before Atlus even considers it. So far from sites I visited the game is picking up momentum but the fan-base is still smaller then those clamoring for another FF game. Sad considering I think P3 beats the crap out of FF 12 and Kingdom hearts 2 without even breaking  a sweat.

nightsavior has 156 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #17 on: September 07, 2007, 11:17:58 PM »
Quote from: nightsavior;5021
Well I think they'd be flattered we want to pay for FES even after getting the original. However the "original P3" has to do  well before Atlus even considers it. So far from sites I visited the game is picking up momentum but the fan-base is still smaller then those clamoring for another FF game. Sad considering I think P3 beats the crap out of FF 12 and Kingdom hearts 2 without even breaking  a sweat.

Yes you´re right, since FF series began to fall, megaten can take the lead, in the rpg field.

Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #18 on: September 08, 2007, 11:46:47 AM »
I highly doubt megaten games would be the one to 'take the lead' for RPGs if Final Fantasies dwindled in popularity. Which it really hasn't.

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
Kryuzei

View Profile Email
Kryuzei phones it in,
 « Reply #19 on: September 08, 2007, 11:20:31 PM »
Nay, just wait for it. Megaten will take the leads, or at least NIS games will.
FF just sucks nowadays. It's not as addicitive as Persona or NIS games any longer. . . If only ATLUS realized this. .

So. . It is not an illusion after all. . It's. .Really. . Hurts. . . Isn't it. .?

Kryuzei has 25 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 12:04:14 AM »
Quote from: Kryuzei;5027
Nay, just wait for it. Megaten will take the leads, or at least NIS games will.
FF just sucks nowadays. It's not as addicitive as Persona or NIS games any longer. . . If only ATLUS realized this. .

Yeah! Maybe that´s what they need to hear. Maybe if we encourage ATLUS about the good job they have did with megaten games, and Persona 2, lately, I´m sure they´re gonna bring FES (probably).

Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 11:39:08 AM »
Final Fantasy, regardless of your guys' opinions on the games, already has a vice grip on the JRPG/RPG market, it doesn't matter about quality now. Final Fantasy is probably the only RPG people that don't normally play RPGs think of when they hear the acronym RPG. There is no way that anyone can get this kind of hold on the market as final fantasy does, they gained popularity way back, in the 'RPG era' when these games were much more popular. And since Megaten games aren't that well known, I can only see Megaten getting popular in the JRPG market, and that's not that big of a market anyway. I can't see Megaten getting that popular, as the time for grabbing a huge audience with this type of gaming is gone. You'd have to already be an established series or company to be able to be a big name RPG developer. Most of the popular games are FPS or Action games, with variations. I mean, P3 already brought most of the JRPG players attention, more than before. Though it isn't that big, it's still something. But with the 'one print run' thing Atlus has got going on, I don't see how long they can even keep majority of the JRPG fans they got hooked with P3. Even though popularity wasn't even a problem before. So as long as they get enough money to make games, I won't complain.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 12:05:38 PM »
Yes you´re right, FF series have been localized since the first FF, and that was when all the people began to love this game, and of course it good stories and playabilities. And Megaten games, in the other hand, stay in Japan, and all the non-Japanese players dont know to much of this series. But with Persona 3, I guess people began to get interest in Megaten series, and you can look that, because since P3 has been anounced this forum and other as well began to have a lot of new members. And maybe some of those members just looking info about P3, and other looking to increase their knowledge about Megaten.

nightsavior

View Profile Email
nightsavior phones it in,
 « Reply #23 on: September 09, 2007, 01:55:30 PM »
It is a sad truth. I liked FF12 a lot but besides for the awesome environments and good game play the characters were very under-developed. I think SE  knows it doesn't even have to give 100% anymore to make the fans scream and line up in droves to buy whatever lack-luster game they put out. SE is strong in visuals but it has gone down-hill with substance.

I'd really like P3 to make Mega Ten more popular to the general audience. However I also face the reality that beating SE is near impossible  due to the fact they play under-handed and cater to whatever popular fads are "big"  with the gaming public be they good or bad. Atlus was always the "rebel" that did it's own thing  and cared about quality a lot more then marketing and localizing. If it finally got awesome marketing and more localizing to go along with its awesome games maybe it could flex a bit more muscle. Making more copies of each game may not hurt either.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 02:04:46 PM by nightsavior »

nightsavior has 156 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #24 on: September 09, 2007, 02:12:49 PM »
Yeah, I can see Atlus getting bigger, but only in the RPG scene. Maybe like one of those other series that are relatively well known, like the Tales series. Or some other game name that I'm forgetting that has a small community that is bigger than normal niche games.

Kryuzei

View Profile Email
Kryuzei phones it in,
 « Reply #25 on: September 10, 2007, 04:27:36 AM »
Hm. .You do have a point there. Considering your post before, then perhaps releasing Fes here could give them some problem. But then, Is persona really that unpopular in US ? I don't know, since I don't live there.
Well, if Atlus did want to release FES , then they should observe the gamers first. Do they want it or not, and how many are they. There's no hurt to release it in Limited Edition right? I mean, just add some translation, voice acting and Aegis version. . I don't think its too much for a budget.
It's not the problem with FF series. Some of the people there don't even played it anymore. Sometimes they're just buy the games, and dump it (Like me? 0.o;) .
I think RPG's marketing are pretty fairly than before since XII .

So. . It is not an illusion after all. . It's. .Really. . Hurts. . . Isn't it. .?

Kryuzei has 25 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: