DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:35:50 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: looking to buy some MEGATEN games..... (Read 11351 times)
EightbitX

View Profile WWW Email
EightbitfuryX
EightbitX phones it in,
 « on: August 22, 2007, 12:56:17 AM »
.....but not for 99 freakin dollars....the games good ill give it that but not THAT good....if anyone has it and is looking to sell their copy or even possibly refer me to a place that has it for under 99 bucks...please post it here :)!!!!!!

im also looking for both games in the Digital Devil Saga miniseries. and even possibly persona 2 / 1 for ps1

again please post any links/or info if you guys have any copies of any games your willing to part with.

thanks much!!!

EightbitX has 8 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 03:08:59 AM »
You're going to have to be willing to pay at least 100$+ for these games, collectively I mean. Ebay is your best bet. These games are out of print and hard to find, so at least expect 40-70$ for each. And 30$ if you luckily (like me) happen on them at a gamestop.

I hope you were only saying you didn't want a copy of a SMT title for 99$, cause that'd be reasonable. But a few SMT games for less than 99$, then you don't have such a good chance.

I paid for DDS1,2 (new) and Nocturne (like new, few scratches) all complete with DDS 2 only missing the manual for 140$. 40$ for P2 and 50$ (obviously) for P3. I got kinda lucky with DDS 1,2 and Nocturne. It seems that the price recently is shooting up for them on ebay, more than when I sought after them. Again, with what you want, expect 100$+ now. Or start calling gamestops near you.

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
xellos667

View Profile Email
xellos667 phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 09:51:18 AM »
Just to avoid flooding, I will use this topic.  I'm also searching for Megaten games.  Well one to be precise.  It's Revelations: THe Demon Slayer.  But I want a complete copy with box, manual and cart.  But I've been looking for one year on eBay, and all they have is cart-only deal.  It's the last domestic release of a Megaten game that I need (except for Jack Bros., but I don't know if I will buy the US release for this one yet), and I really need to know where I can buy one (complete of course like I've said, else, I would have it since a long time)

xellos667 has 2 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
HiroTsukasa

View Profile WWW Email
penpen09@hotmail.com HiroTsukasa hirotsukasa720
HiroTsukasa phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 09:48:50 PM »
Hey, I'm new around here but I figured I'd make this topic my starting place. I've recently been rounding out my collection of Megaten games myself so I can relate to your frustrations. Despite it being my favorite game series of all time I've personally found the best strategy for actually getting the games is to resist being a perfectionist. Example... I recently managed to pick up Digital Devil Saga 1 for $27 bucks. The case manual and disc are all in near perfect condition but it didn't come with the artbox or soundtrack.

That might seem like blasphemy to some... but most copies with the artbox and soundtrack easily go for $60 on EBAY. Do I really need to pay almost double for a cardboard box and a soundtrack (which, if so inclined is easily downloadable but that goes more into each person's own morals).

But good luck Xellos on finding Revelations with the box and manual. I actually just ordered it this week but cart only (gave in and accepted the fact that 80% of all Gameboy/GBC games I own are cart only).

As for myself... my recent order of Maken X (did get this complete), Persona 3 and Revelations has my collection of US releases virtually done save picking up a copy of Demikids Light and then the last big hurdle that I keep putting off... the first Persona. Ironically, due to luck I think the most expensive Megaten game I've had to buy was Persona 3 since it's new.... though I'm willing to bet getting a copy of Persona with the case and manual will top it ^^;

HiroTsukasa has 2 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 10:13:13 AM »
I would honestly say you're better off buying the full Japanese soundtrack for both games. I think it's around $30 or so. The one the US version comes with is just a sampling anyway.

Quote from: xellos667;4758
Just to avoid flooding, I will use this topic. I'm also searching for Megaten games. Well one to be precise. It's Revelations: THe Demon Slayer. But I want a complete copy with box, manual and cart. But I've been looking for one year on eBay, and all they have is cart-only deal. It's the last domestic release of a Megaten game that I need (except for Jack Bros., but I don't know if I will buy the US release for this one yet), and I really need to know where I can buy one (complete of course like I've said, else, I would have it since a long time)

I think eBay is your best bet, unfortunately. Just keep trying and check out the eBay stores as well. I've seen them on there complete, but very rarely.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
EightbitX

View Profile WWW Email
EightbitfuryX
EightbitX phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 02:00:46 AM »
i bit the bullet and regardless of being broke, i decided to buy Nocturne for 80 bucks...was it worth it? that i still dunno, i havent beaten it the last time i played it was when i had a gamefly account. after im done with persona 3 im going to give that game a full run through...i definately love the setting and the occult and religious / mythological overtones the MegaTen games have in almost all of their Forms, definately plan on picking up DDS 1-2....also Kaneko does amazing artwork...it makes Nomuras art look lame.

EightbitX has 8 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 06:58:40 AM »
band Kazuma Kaneko is the best!!! band And I think the 80 bucks worth the game, NOCTURNE is one of the best Megaten titles, I was lucky to find it in a game store used at 20 bucks.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
xellos667

View Profile Email
xellos667 phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 03:27:58 PM »
HiroTsukasa, I know I should not be such a perfectionist, but Megaten games (and Phantasy Star games, but this is another story) are the only games that I'm still collecting as a gamer.  I've sold everything else since I wanted to cut my video game addiction.  So at least for the Megaten, I want complete copy of the game...and what's more, I have all other release perfectly complete, so it would be a shame that only Revelations: The demon slayer would be a cart-only game.

and Tony,  don't worry, I've been looking every day on ebay since a year, even in eBay store, and I'm still doing it, and yet, no luck at all.

xellos667 has 2 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
MasterofStrings
The Fool

View Profile Email
monk_boy2001
MasterofStrings phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 01:41:16 PM »
Check your local game shops occasionally. I found DDS 2 at Gamestop for $28 I think it was. But unfortunately that one was a gift for a friend.

[EDIT] Sorry didn't realize this was 5 months old...

« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 01:54:32 PM by MasterofStrings »

MasterofStrings has 8 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Thanatos
The Blesser of Death

View Profile WWW Email
Thanatos phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 10:57:37 PM »
..I remember seeing DDS2 at Gamecrazy for $14, didn't buy it, cause..I wanted to play the first one first.doh Got my Nocturne copy for $50, when it first came out.

Thanatos has 16 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: