DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:11:43 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: help on Persona management? (Read 8811 times)
Himuro

View Profile Email
Himuro phones it in,
 « on: August 20, 2007, 09:23:54 AM »
Anyone got any tips on leveling up my Persona? Because Jesus Christ, I'm used to demons leveling up slower than you in SMT, but my guys are so under leveled and I swear the rate they level up is drastically slower than in the past. I guess it's time to fuse and get a new batch of Persona. I think I need to concentrate on getting my S. Links up or something.

I've tried to solo, but solo-ing is pretty hard in this game. You really start to appreciate your party members because they really make a difference in battle. Sigh.

I'd like to fuse a demon that's got all the basic elementals: Agi, Bufu, Zio, Garu, with a couple buffs and debuffs. That way I won't have to have so many Persona for every little thing and I can save space for experimentation and fill up my Compendium.

Himuro has 151 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 09:33:32 AM »
Quote from: Himuro;4693
I guess it's time to fuse and get a new batch of Persona. I think I need to concentrate on getting my S. Links up or something

Bingo. If you're sticking with Orpheus and Pixie you're wasting your time. Leveling up Persona, particularly early on considering you get very little experience (this will change, particularly as experience cards during Shuffle Time will be larger), is a pain in the ass and it's not a worthwhile endeavor.

You need to build up your Social Links and then try to fuse Personae within that Arcana. It's the quickest way to level any of them. Level these up, fuse some Personae (who will probably go up a few levels and learn at least a few moves) and use those until you're powerful enough to summon (or find) other ones.

Essentially, you're going to be dropping ones all of the time for better ones that come along. The game lists all the moves they're going to learn on the right (either by name or with a ?), once that's gone they're not going to learn anything new unless an old skill changes to something else (which is entirely random).

I'd like to fuse a demon that's got all the basic elementals: Agi, Bufu, Zio, Garu, with a couple buffs and debuffs. That way I won't have to have so many Persona for every little thing and I can save space for experimentation and fill up my Compendium.

That's not really possible, at least not early on. You can transfer over skills (and if you're not happy with what's being transfered, try redoing the fusion -- the skills might change), but to get an all around demon like that would require absolutely perfect skill transference, which basically is impossible because some will always be dropped. My best luck with this was a Power Persona, which had Hama, Garu, Zio and Agi.

A lot of the best Buffs aren't even really carried by some of the Persona early on naturally... but they can be brought over through fusion. Orpheus is mostly useful early on for Tarunda, for example.

That's kind of a lot of the point of letting you carry several Personae around with you. You have to switch them and you have to have them complement each other. You won't need a Persona that knows fire and ice if you have one that's extremely suited for ice and one that's extremely suited for fire.

Remember that your character can switch Persona during battle without ending his turn. So you can, for example, knock down a few enemies with Jack Lantern's Agi and then switch to King Frost to Bufu the rest and then do an all out attack.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Himuro

View Profile Email
Himuro phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 09:48:27 AM »
I've kept my Orpheus and Asparas because Cadenza is really useful, but they otherwise take up space.

I'm going to make me a Pyro Jack and then get back my Jack Frost, because I really want to try out their Fusion spell.

Himuro

View Profile Email
Himuro phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 11:47:32 AM »
I managed to fuse a couple of guys and it's true that S. Links make a difference. I made a Valkyrie, Berith, Lilim, and Pyro Jack. Berith leveled up a good 3 times, Pyro Jack leveled up twice. Pretty crazy stuff. They're all over my level now. There's a few Personae I'm looking at now that I want in the future like Nagi. Nagi is always fucking awesome no matter what SMT because of his design alone. <3

So I spread fused my Orpheus, Asparas, and Jack Frost and landed me a Pyro Jack who has an item in his heart apparently. Then I got my Jack Frost back from the Compendium. I think I have all bases covered. Valkyrie is strong against phsyical attacks, Lilim's got Zio and Agi, Pyro's got Agi, Jack has got Bufu, Berith is on his way to learning Maragi;etc.

Do Personae evolve in this game or what? I heard your main Persona, Orpheus evolves, and the goddamn art book spoiled that your team mates Personae evolve, so I'm curious about non story based Personae.

Also, does the moon cycle have anything to do with the gameplay in this game like in every SMT ever, or is there just for story reasons? I think I tried to fuse on a New Moon and all I got were a bunch of fuck ups from Igor. I think that the amount and what species of Shadow that appear in Tartarus is affected by the moon cycle but I have a feeling it's totally random. On some nights I encounter red Shadows more than most, on others I encounter more gold ones.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 11:52:05 AM by Himuro »

ShinByakki
Persona User

View Profile
ShinByakki phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 02:11:43 PM »
> Main character's Persona do not evolve, later in game Igor will enable 4 and 5 fusion of demons and you will need to gather 5 Personas to get Thanatos, special events later in game cause your team mates to level up their Persona to another form.

> I don't think moon cycle has much influence on shadows, it is completely random if you get a dungeon full of gold shadow or red shadows, its up to the game to generate those ones.

>Also, if you want your Persona's to level up faster, spend all the weeks working on S. Links, so you can get extra experience at levelling up like Tony mentioned and then spend the day before going to event boss at Tartarus since you get unlimited time, meaning that your team mates never get tired.

>The heart next to your Demon/Persona means that it is fertilizing an item, level it up until a skill with a "????" shows up, once you hit its level, the demon will deliver you with a fertilized "special" item, that helps you from getting charmed and such.

ShinByakki has 110 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 04:19:08 PM »
Quote from: ShinByakki;4699
>Also, if you want your Persona's to level up faster, spend all the weeks working on S. Links, so you can get extra experience at levelling up like Tony mentioned and then spend the day before going to event boss at Tartarus since you get unlimited time, meaning that your team mates never get tired.

I want to quote this because it was not made very clear by the game. I don't have a manual, maybe it's discussed more.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
ShinByakki
Persona User

View Profile
ShinByakki phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 04:28:40 PM »
If my previous post was unclear in that sentence, I meant that with each rank that your S. Link goes up, when you fuse a monster that is related to that S. Link, your demon will get extra experience points when fused.
If I made a mistake, then pardon me.

ShinByakki has 110 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: