DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:18:42 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinions on Persona 3's Soundtrack? (Read 31964 times)
Sepherest

View Profile Email
Sepherest phones it in,
 « on: August 15, 2007, 08:40:20 PM »
I just got my copy of P3, and the first thing I did was put on the soundtrack and listen to the whole thing.
 I have to say, I thought it was O.K. It sounded different compared to other Megami-Tensei games. I'm not really into the hip-hop, and I thought some of the English sounded kind of funny. But my favorite songs are definately Aria of the Soul and Kimi No Kioku.
So, I was wondering if anyone else has listened to it, what songs they liked, disliked, or anything else they have to say about it.
So.....Discuss!:axeman:

Sepherest has 14 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 08:47:45 PM »
"Mass Destruction", "Want to be Close" and "Kimi no Kiouku" are one of the best, another good one but just to repetitive is "Tartaros".

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 10:56:59 PM »
I like the music a lot, it matches with the game's setting.

aerozero has 264 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Oni-Kagura
You know, that one guy.

View Profile Email
Oni-Kagura phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 01:15:51 PM »
Yeah, I like the direction Meguro took with it. The hip-hop feel really helps set the setting for how young the characters are.

"Mass Destruction", "Battle Hymn of the Soul", and "Burn my Dread" are three crazy good tracks.

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
 - Jules de Gaultier

Oni-Kagura has 35 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
nightsavior phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 09:49:37 PM »
I heard a few tracks that were very upbeat and hip hop. Normally I'd detest that in an rpg but Persona 3 is about being young,alive, and living it up in high-school so the sound-tracks go perfectly with the setting from my first impression.

nightsavior has 156 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Doublehex

View Profile Email
doublehex@gmail.com doublehex168
Doublehex phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 04:37:32 PM »
Well, the rap is tolerable. I despise rap, but whoever composed the soundtrack managed to make it good...for as far as poetry on steroids can be.

However, I must say Burn My Dread should be awarded 'Best Battle Music You Can Dance To'. This is the first time I snap my fingers to a video game song.

Doublehex has 9 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Icy Ace
Archduke of Giant Robots

View Profile Email
bane_of_sanity@hotmail.com Cielo Dyaus
Icy Ace phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 04:41:18 PM »
I don't usually like hiphop-ish stuff, but I thought it worked really well here.  Definitely a nice change from a lot of other RPG soundtracks.

"An army of squirrels is still an army" - Squirrel Mob, Magic the Gathering.

Icy Ace has 12 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Doublehex

View Profile Email
doublehex@gmail.com doublehex168
Doublehex phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 04:54:43 PM »
Quote from: Icy Ace;4680
I don't usually like hiphop-ish stuff, but I thought it worked really well here.  Definitely a nice change from a lot of other RPG soundtracks.

I still wish there was more piano songs on the soundtrack. The few we get are absolutely stunning.

Doublehex has 9 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
 « Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 02:34:56 PM »
The "Velvet room" track was beautiful this time around. A lot clearer and yet it kept to  the tradition of the other games. I enjoyed every score  which is strange because most of the genres of music in the game normally aren't my thing.

zeronos_sakurai

View Profile Email
zeronos_sakurai phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 05:13:52 AM »
What's the name of the tracks played during the Yakushima Vacation and Operation Babe Hunt? I managed to find a site for downloading the mp3s, but I'm unfamiliar with the track names.

zeronos_sakurai has 8 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
 « Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 06:41:54 PM »
I think the track at the beach was "breath hard" but don't quote me word  for word. The "changing of seasons" track was one of my favorites. It becomes  the  main music for school after you reach a certain point. Hopefully that is not too big of a spoiler.

zeronos_sakurai

View Profile Email
 « Reply #11 on: August 25, 2007, 09:38:45 AM »
I liked the battle theme of the full moon bosses. By the way, what's the track name for the dorm BGM?

Kryuzei

View Profile Email
Kryuzei phones it in,
 « Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 05:47:49 AM »
Battle hymn of the soul, Subete no Hito no tamashii >> All except FES soundtrack IMO

So. . It is not an illusion after all. . It's. .Really. . Hurts. . . Isn't it. .?

Kryuzei has 25 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
zeronos_sakurai

View Profile Email
 « Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 05:09:03 AM »
By the way, does anyone know what track is playing while Akihiko was having his resolution? I need more sad songs ;p

DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 03:13:12 AM »
Sorry to revive this tired old post but I just HAVE to provide some sort of counterpoint to all the apparent love the soundtrack is getting.

First of all, IT SUCKS.  I see a lot of people above seem to think it fits the mood/story of the game somehow, though I don't believe anything could be further from the truth.  I found myself constantly feeling how the soundtrack did not mesh with the game at all.  Move that body movethatbody make sure you don't hurt nobody?????  What the shit is that?  I thought I was playing a game about fighting evil shadows and summoning eldritch creatures with Tarot cards...  And then there's all those annoying horn-synths and that Japanese chick singing broken English BADLY.  I mean, seriously, what was Atlus THINKING?

If there was some feature about the game that required you to listen to the music (ala Mother 3) I would've declared it unplayable.  As it is, it mars the whole experience of playing the game.  However, there are a few tracks that do fit the game nicely, the Tartaros music is a good example, but the new Velvet Room music is god awful too.  I mean there are parts to when she's singing so high its almost ear piercing.

All in all, the music in P3 gives the whole game a very disposable quality, whereas the previous games could be looked on as rather classic.  I would never want to play through P3 again, whereas the MIP and P:Tsumi and P:Batsu I might think about fondly from time to time, even pop in and play for a bit.  I'd love to say that about P3, but I can't, if only because of the music, so I won't.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 05:14:47 AM by DevilRy »

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: