DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:43:34 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona 3 Hint Thread (Read 30404 times)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « on: August 15, 2007, 06:40:03 PM »
I figured this might be a good idea. Other people can add their hints as they please, but obviously if it's even remotely spoiler-ish (I think I was kind of overzealous in this post, nothing I spoilered is anywhere near important or involves the plot lol), please use the spoiler tags. You can apply them with the black block with the white S inside.

These all involve gaining points in Charm, Courage or Academics.

Tip 1: Academics takes the longest of the three normal stats to raise. If you're not tired, I would suggest studying every night that is realistically possible. It will make a difference.

Tip 2: Always blow the 1,000 yen at Naganaki Shine's offering box. It might seem like a lot early on, but money will not be a major as the game progresses. The more you put in, the higher the chance you will have of getting a point in Academics. This is nice because it's the only way to raise Academics (beyond staying up in class when asked) that won't take up part of your day. I always went there first after school and then went to do what I wanted.

I always do the fortune as well. [SPOILER]You can potentially lose 5,000 yen (which is very rare), but you can also win 10,000 yen, get a lucky charm and have your status go to Great (which seems to be slightly more common). Usually I wind up with more than I spent, though. It's up to you.[/SPOILER]

Tip 3: If you are sick, see the Nurse. [SPOILER]If you drink his potion you won't feel any better, but you will gain some points in courage. This doesn't take up a section of your day either, so it's a nice trade off if you find yourself tired.[/SPOILER]

Tip 4: Going to the bathroom can potentially raise your status from Bad to Good or Good to Great.

Tip 5: Anything you do at Iwatodai or Port Island in terms of raising stats seems to raise them faster than if you do things at Paulownia Mall. I would assume this is because you can only go to Iwatodai or Port Island during the day, while Paulownia is available during the day and evening.

Tip 6: If you don't have plans for Sunday , you'll start off in your room. Check out the TV to see what they're selling. Sometimes there's some good deals.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 10:22:24 PM »
Read the tips,I have to say they are very helpful...thanks for sharing.

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 10:55:59 PM »
Yeah, thanks.

aerozero has 264 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Doublehex

View Profile Email
doublehex@gmail.com doublehex168
Doublehex phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 03:04:01 PM »
I always do the fortune as well. You can potentially lose 5,000 yen (which is very rare), but you can also win 10,000 yen, get a lucky charm and have your status go to Great (which seems to be slightly more common). Usually I wind up with more than I spent, though. It's up to you.

What do you mean by the fortune? Are you referring to the fortune teller at the Mall? If so, I never get anything...just the same exact dialog over and over again.

Doublehex has 9 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 05:06:28 PM »
He's referring to the one by the offering box at the shrine, it's located to the right.

Doublehex

View Profile Email
doublehex@gmail.com doublehex168
Doublehex phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 01:42:24 AM »
Yes, I realized that almost immediately after I typed out that post. doh

Doublehex has 9 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 10:47:35 PM »
In the 5th block,you can find Homunculus in the rare chests.

Well atleast for me,I've found rare chests twice in one floor.Later on,found another rare chest,had another Homunculus.

I hope this helps others that are looking for those...I don't really get enough gems to trade for them at the mall.

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
nightsavior phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 04:23:57 PM »
I finally beat the game. Don't worry no plot spoilers. You can beat the end boss without the extreme Personas like Messiah or Thanatos but it can be a  bit tricky once he begins using  the "midnight queen" extreme damage/status-screwed ability. Have  the papal robe  equipped on your human players and be sure to use charmdi on your  healer Yukari or she'll likely restore the boss back up to full health if she becomes charmed. Magic mirrors can guard against some of the mass effects like poison. He will go through all major Arcana (each arcana corresponds with its strengths and weaknesses) until he reaches death (Or It rather.) Try preserving  your magic until the last form and do not attack when he puts up the moonlight gown. If you strike him when shielded it will usually automatically kill you. (Have everyone on standby during this time and simply use rush mode when he lowers his defenses.)

Break down

Helpful Items.

Magic Mirrors
Soma
Bead Chains
Balms of life
Dis-charm
Dis-Poison
Chewing soul
Items to dispel rage
Items to dispel fear

Helpful Personas to have

1.Cybele (powerful light attack,healing,and ressurection ability.)
2.Surt (Powerful fire spells especially Ragnarok)

Other things.

1. If it goes bad have Fukka ready with Oracle. Try Reserving this until you are fighting the death Arcana.

2. When all your people are healed pretty well use "rush mode" to get in as many attacks as you can. You can cancel rush mode at any time to use Personas. Do not  attack when end boss raises its shield.(He'll only do this as the death Arcana)

3. Mitsuru's max ice attacks do a lot of damage to most arcana forms.

4. Junpei's "well of life" bonus helps a lot.

5. Yukari is great for back up healing just be sure to get to her right away if she is charmed otherwise she can bring the death arcana  back up to full health.

6. You'll want to buy the best weapons from the police station. They're a lot of money but worth it. Before that check your inventory because sometimes you'll find some of those weapons in Tartarus. Be sure to eventually get the specialized armor for Aegis (the  strongest is at 8) and the best dog armor. (I believe  it is the lunar dog suit. Better armors might be in Tartarus too.)

7. A bonus area unlocks near the end. It is another door on the first floor of Tartarus. The monsters can be ridiculous however it is a good place to raise levels and get big rewards. Have Homonuculses around because many of these enemies will try instant death  spells. Save after each battle in the "special zone" after  requesting Fukka to warp you back to safety. Eventually your effort and success will accumulate by being careful. Each time you return both SP and HP are  restored so you can  go at it again at your leisure.

8. To beat the end boss at least be up in the 80's when levels are concerned. Be sure you've helped  all your friends level up too.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 09:50:01 PM by nightsavior »

nightsavior has 156 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 05:06:08 PM »
Quote from: nightsavior;4824

Be sure you've helped  all your friends level up too.

I hate Ken. I refuse to level him.

:P

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
 « Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 06:57:55 PM »
Heh heh. Ken's ok but no, he's not on my favorites list. I leveled everyone because I was paranoid and didn't know exactly who would be best for the last battle. Ken "can" do a lot of good physical damage if he is properly equipped though. In the "special area" you can battle Elizabeth for bragging rights but it is a one on one match between you and her. I didn't do that part this time  around but I hear during the fight many "rules" from DDS apply. It's not a pivotal story battle (Elizabeth will not die melodramatically) but if you can  spar with her and get her down that's pretty impressive. She's on the 10th floor of the special zone.

Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 09:04:23 PM »
Many rules from DDS apply? Max stats and max levels? Man I hate those kind of fights. Both from DDS 1 and 2. I never fought the demi-fiend or Satan. I just did everything else except for them. The requirements to fight them are insane and not worth it. Well, at least for me.

nightsavior

View Profile Email
 « Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 09:41:39 PM »
Well you'll level up  a lot just fighting the creatures  in the "special zone". When I first went there those with me leveled up after every battle until I got into  the  mid 70's. Just be aware many of them have instant death moves and  high HP. Having  decent equipment is a must for the bonus area  in Tatarus.

Maybe hardcore gamers will take on Elizabeth but I'm not quite that dedicated. At around level 80 something I was doing pretty good and only lost to the end boss twice before defeating him the third time. The strategies I posted earlier  in this thread worked for me  (even without the "super" Personas) but having Messiah likely makes the end conflict less cumbersome.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 09:51:49 PM by nightsavior »

aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 10:43:22 PM »
Does anything happen after you beat Elizabeth?

nightsavior

View Profile Email
 « Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 02:59:38 AM »
One you get  a lot of Yen and experience. I don't know  exactly what she says to you after being defeated. I used the special area to level up but never faced her directly. A faq is what says she is a hidden boss. The hard special zone only has 10 floors but when you get to Elizabeth you fight her by yourself with no aid from allies. Whether or not she is harder then Nyx is debatable. If  you are die-hard go for it! I just wanted to beat the damn game to see what happened. No spoilers but I will say the "true ending" was worth seeing.

Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 08:50:54 AM »
How do you get the 'true-ending' again? (Without spoilers if possible:P)

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: