DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:25:42 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Megami Tensei Game (Read 36476 times)
traci

View Profile Email
traci phones it in,
 « Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 09:21:58 PM »
Yeah, I've heard it's been announced for the ps3 as well... which makes me sad in leaps and bounds because I can't imagine a ps3 will be in the budget anytime soon.
Also I'm pretty sure SMT4 was announced before they even had a team together so, maybe by the time it is released I will be able to afford the ps3.

traci has 97 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #16 on: September 05, 2007, 10:15:51 PM »
I was reading something like a sequel of Kuzunoha Raidou, for the ps3 or the Wii, but I hope, if they really are going to do this sequel, they do it on the Ps3.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #17 on: September 05, 2007, 11:50:14 PM »
We'll be waiting 8 years for the next Persona installment. =P

aerozero has 264 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #18 on: September 06, 2007, 11:36:39 AM »
Heh,I wouldn't be surprised if it does turn out that way.

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #19 on: September 06, 2007, 11:44:18 AM »
The next Persona game is going to be about the story of my manga!! xd xd xd

traci

View Profile Email
traci phones it in,
 « Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 06:12:02 PM »
I think Devil Summoner would actually work a lot better on the wii than it did on traditional systems.
I'm not sure, I also recall hearing wind of a possible SMT:Ds... I think that would be interesting to say the least.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 08:36:21 PM »
But since Nintendo is a "family console" the most probably thing is that they will censor a lot of the Megaten game, like demons names and other type of things. That´s one of the reasons I´ll hate if they make a game for the Wii.

traci

View Profile Email
traci phones it in,
 « Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 05:07:48 PM »
I don't know, I don't think it would need to be edited that much I mean there were games like RE4 and Eternal Darkness on the cube and even on the wii there is already.... Far Cry Vengeance?  (Horrible game, and horrible example but it is an M rated game that I wouldn't want to see little kiddies playing)

Matsudai Hibiki
Echo and Narcissus

View Profile Email
AruKristaller@hotmail.com Setsuzoku
Matsudai Hibiki phones it in,
 « Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 08:40:25 PM »
I can see a SMT appearing on a Nintendo console, more likely a DS than the Wii, but if Nintendo actually wants GAMERS to buy stuff for the Wii, a SMT is a good idea. Honestly, I don't think Atlus would be stupid enough to release a SMT just for the PS3. Sure, they don't usually sell that many copies of a game, but that would be just sad.

Matsudai Hibiki has 17 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 09:15:05 PM »
Well who knows, maybe is a good idea, but I dont like it at all. I preffer PS3!!!

Matsudai Hibiki
Echo and Narcissus

View Profile Email
 « Reply #25 on: September 10, 2007, 09:30:47 PM »
Quote from: Emilio Morales;5074
Well who knows, maybe is a good idea, but I dont like it at all. I preffer PS3!!!

I'm guessing you own a PS3, Emilio? That's good for you, but you do realize that making the only new SMT game an exclusive for the PS3 would be a horrible financial decision, considering the PS3 is the worst selling console worldwide.

The Nintendo DS, being the largest selling video game platform in sales, would be the most logical choice.

How about releasing SMT 1 and 2 over in the US for the DS? Does that sound good? ^_^

Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
Lycanthroat phones it in,
 « Reply #26 on: September 10, 2007, 09:31:14 PM »
I would prefer a PS3 SMT to be honest. I would love to see a next-gen SMT with the graphics etc - some of the demon designs would look amazing. Oh my god, a Lv99 Lucifer in next-gen graphics xd

I can't see SMT being on the Wii. How would Atlus market it? How would they imply the controller? SMT is a bit dark to be on the Wii. Sure, there's Far Cry, but SMT is a little bit more disturbing in the head than just baseless guts 'n' gore.

I have to say - the Wii is the last console I'd like to see it on. I don't have any particular hatred for Nintendo or anything, it's just the Wii....I mean, it's so clean and sparkley and cute. It's just so not Megaten.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my fave game. Hmm....prolly a toss-up between Lucifer's Call and Persona Eternal Punishment. I think I'll go for LC - it's just so huge and epic. The "sandbox" RPG.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 09:33:23 PM by Lycanthroat »

Lycanthroat has 128 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Matsudai Hibiki
Echo and Narcissus

View Profile Email
 « Reply #27 on: September 10, 2007, 09:34:45 PM »
Quote from: Lycanthroat;5081
I would prefer a PS3 SMT to be honest. I would love to see a next-gen SMT with the graphics etc - some of the demon designs would look amazing. Oh my god, a Lv99 Lucifer in next-gen graphics xd

I can't see SMT being on the Wii. How would Atlus market it? How would they imply the controller? SMT is a bit dark to be on the Wii. Sure, there's Far Cry, but SMT is a little bit more disturbing in the head than just baseless guts 'n' gore.

I have to say - the Wii is the last console I'd like to see it on. I don't have any particular hatred for Nintendo or anything, it's just the Wii....I mean, it's so clean and sparkley and cute. It's just so not Megaten.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my fave game. Hmm....prolly a toss-up between Lucifer's Call and Persona Innocent Sin. I think I'll go for LC - it's just so huge and epic. The "sandbox" RPG.
Yes, PS3 makes sense for Megaten, but I personally see a strong possibility in a DS Megaten, since the DS is:

A: Not always "kid friendly".
B: VERY Japan friendly, since the DS is the only platform in the history of Japan to COMPLETELY sell out.
C: Money!

Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
Lycanthroat phones it in,
 « Reply #28 on: September 10, 2007, 09:48:37 PM »
Isn't there already a SMT game for the DS? Or I have I just seen screenshots of a very similar art-style?

Lycanthroat has 128 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #29 on: September 10, 2007, 10:40:50 PM »
Quote from: Matsudai Hibiki;5080
I'm guessing you own a PS3, Emilio? That's good for you, but you do realize that making the only new SMT game an exclusive for the PS3 would be a horrible financial decision, considering the PS3 is the worst selling console worldwide.

The Nintendo DS, being the largest selling video game platform in sales, would be the most logical choice.

How about releasing SMT 1 and 2 over in the US for the DS? Does that sound good? ^_^

Nope, I dont have a PS3, and is just like Lycanthroat say, the last console I want to see Megaten is on Wii. I dont like the console, its not a console for Megaten games. I dont like what NINTENDO do with some games, such as Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, to me that game completely ruin FF series, it sucks!!! They took a good game as FF and make a childish game, bad graphics, oriented to kids, etc. And I dont want that occurs on Megaten, of course I know about Devil Childrens, but what happend if they make "Shin Megami Tensei 4" and make something like FF Crystal Chronicles?

The DS in other hand, is more probable, cause I like more the portable games of the NINTENDO than the principal console of them. They can make a good Megaten game on the DS like the Shin Megami Tensei 1 and 2 for the GBA. But I guess releasing again SMT 1 and 2, is just to much with this two games, because we have them on the SNES, PSX, GBA, I guess is to much, but like you say, in "english" for the US, it would be cool! But I think it would be better on the PSP. I like SONY more than the NINTENDO.

Quote from: Lycanthroat;5081

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my fave game. Hmm....prolly a toss-up between Lucifer's Call and Persona Eternal Punishment. I think I'll go for LC - it's just so huge and epic. The "sandbox" RPG.

Exactly! It would be a lot better on the PS3!! And maybe on the Xbox 360, but I think PS is the best console for this games. Because I dont like at all the Shin Megami Tensei NINE for the Xbox. But who knows?

I see the consoles like this:
SONY PlayStation: Good for RPG games (and of course other types of games, "perfect for Megaten games").
NINTENDO: Good for puzzles games (and all kind of games, were you play in a multiplayer way).
Xbox: Good for Shooting and Online games.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: