DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:12:04 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My AnimeIowa Haul (Read 9313 times)
Oni-Kagura
You know, that one guy.

View Profile Email
Oni-Kagura phones it in,
 « on: August 11, 2007, 01:41:08 AM »
I just got back from my first day of AnimeIowa 2007 (an anime convention), and got some great MegaTen stuff from the dealers room.

Persona 2: Innocent Sin (Import)

One Coin Figures:
2x Hathor
Susano-o
Ganesa
Mary
Masakados? (Secret figure)
Lillim

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
 - Jules de Gaultier

Oni-Kagura has 35 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 08:39:45 AM »
That's pretty cool. I didn't know those things had stuff like that... I'm not too big on anime, so I guess I wouldn't know though lol.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
nightsavior phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 09:04:11 AM »
Sweet! Glad you snagged some good stuff! I wish I was persistent as I used to be. Now my friends have to practically force me out the door to attend anime conventions. What ever happened to my motivation? Maybe it's in my other  pants. lol.

nightsavior has 156 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
Lycanthroat phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 11:32:21 AM »
You lucky sod. I went to the UK AnimeExpo and all I got saw was bloody Bleach and Naruto (ugh, two of the most over-reated animes EVER) and Final Fantasy. I went for the inevitable and bought -

A Death Note

A FF3 Red Mage and Dragoon

The Three Brothers (FFAC) phonechains

Ichigo's Bankai (phonechain) (hey, it looked cool and I liked the series at the time)

My boyfriend bought me a little Naga Raga and Lucifer (MegaTen) for Xmas though, bless him. He's buying me Persona 3 too (kekekekeke).

Lycanthroat has 128 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 12:40:29 PM »
I went to AnimeIowa nolaff back in like 1997... God, I can't believe that was ten years ago.

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
Oni-Kagura
You know, that one guy.

View Profile Email
Oni-Kagura phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 11:36:17 PM »
The con ended yesterday, and I managed to also get a Bephelgor figure, another Mary...and a Lucifer that was missing a set of wings and it's stand. frown

But all in all, I got some nice stuff. All the MegaTen I've posted, as well as the full series of Boogiepop Phantom, FLCL, Azumanga Daioh, Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars, and the first season of Getbackers.

I also had a great time, even though the panel I really wanted to go to (Occult and Mysticism in Anime) got canceled.xd

Quote from: Tony;4361
That's pretty cool. I didn't know those things had stuff like that... I'm not too big on anime, so I guess I wouldn't know though lol.

It really depends on the con. This year's AI had a HUGE dealer's room, so there was a lot of stuff to be had. But some cons (sometimes even the big ones, from what I hear) don't have as wide a selection.

Also - I saw what I THINK was Megami Tensei II (from the same import video game booth that I got Persona 2 from), but I didn't buy it due to a lack of interest in it's console, as well as how tight my budget was getting. xd

« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 03:19:11 AM by Oni-Kagura »

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
 - Jules de Gaultier

Oni-Kagura has 35 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: