DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:58:48 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tales of the Abyss? (Read 9238 times)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « on: July 30, 2007, 10:04:21 AM »
I've been hearing random good things about this game ever since it was released, but I was wondering if anyone here has ever played it and what their thoughts were on the game.

Thanks!

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 11:27:53 AM »
Tales of the Abyss is one of my favorite Tales of games...it was really great.I was so addictive to it,I played through it as much as I could.I liked most of the main characters,just from my own opinion.....I liked playing this more,than FF12.

I'm not bashing 12...it just didn't get me all excited,or addicted to it,like Abyss did.But I'm sure we all have our likes and dislikes on both games,so I won't go into that.

Abyss is definately a Tales games you should give a try,voice acting of course is great...love the skits,too bad they are all voiceless.But the conversations and interaction between characters,is just memorable.

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Jesus Jones
When I think about you I touch myself

View Profile Email
Jesus Jones phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 11:51:18 AM »
I thought it was pretty good once the plot was in full swing.  

My only big complaint was that there wasn't enough techs so combat could get repetitive after awhile if you weren't creative.

Jesus Jones has 45 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
zombiepanic

View Profile Email
zombiepanic phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 10:20:13 PM »
Hi, i'm new to the forum obviously. : )

It's a really good game. The characters are all done very well, and part of the fun of the game is just watching how they interact with each other. Combat is really fun and the boss fights can be fairly challenging if you play on the "Hard" difficulty (which I think is the only way to play!).

My only gripe with the game is that certain parts, mostly near the end, make you do a lot running back and forth so things can kind of drag on. Otherwise, the story is pretty good if not a bit typical with some cool ideas present.

zombiepanic has 8 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 11:00:08 PM »
Quote from: zombiepanic;3986
My only gripe with the game is that certain parts, mostly near the end, make you do a lot running back and forth so things can kind of drag on.

This reminds me of some posts I read on NeoGAF a couple of days ago.... something along the lines of a great 30 hour game that's stretched into 60.

Would you say that's true?

At this point, my main wish was that this was cheaper used than it is. It's not a lot, by any means, but I wouldn't mind it being $15 or less lol.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
zombiepanic

View Profile Email
zombiepanic phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 11:26:47 PM »
Yeah, I would say that's true. There are a few parts that feel just packed in to make the game longer and I found myself saying "Sigh, when can I get back to doing fun things?" a few times.

But don't let that deter you from buying it by any means, especially if you can find it cheap!

zombiepanic has 8 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 01:19:35 PM »
Going to have to agree,I remember I ended my game over 60 hours.Then I went back and went against that side-boss,Nebilium.

I apologize if I mispelled her name,she was a really tough boss...atleast for me,but I won in the end.

Edit-
I just checked,my last save was at 74 hours.That was obviously leveling for Neb's fight.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 01:40:52 PM by Enid »

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Jack_frostFTW

View Profile Email
Jack_frostFTW phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 02:03:09 PM »
Great game played it through with a friend the multi player battle system is a great addition.

Jack_frostFTW has 18 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
Lycanthroat phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 09:18:43 AM »
If you like the Tales games, Tales of Symphonia on the GC is an amazing RPG. Brilliant plot, memorable skits and characters and the Devil's Arms sidequest (and  Abyssion/Nebilim - HARD!) are just some of it's good points. The battle system is really nice with the characters fully customizable - different costumes, different combat skills (T or S type) and I think you can have multiplayer. It's only bad points are that a certain plot device is used a bit too much - [SPOILER]you're betrayed about five times throughout the game[/SPOILER] - and the most annoying female character ever is in the game. Apart from that though, it's fab.

At the moment I'm at level 84, 70+ hours and have the Devil's Arms, have beaten Abyssion/Nebilim and there's still loads of side-quests to do. A long and rewarding game.

Lycanthroat has 128 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: