DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:22:38 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bizarre Glitch in Shadow Hearts From The New World (Read 7122 times)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
Lycanthroat phones it in,
 « on: July 29, 2007, 08:14:15 PM »
Hi guys. Bought this fab RPG off eBay a few days before the release here in the UK and thought I was getting a good deal.

However -

There's something very wrong with the battles. As those who have played the Shadow Hearts will know, the battle system camera focuses on the character model and their attacks quite a bit so imagine my suprise when (after the near flawless Covenant) -

1) The physics engine on all the characters seems to have a bad case of tourettes. For no reason at all, characters hair, boobs and clothes will all suddenly veer off in a random direction! Johnnys little tuft of hair constantly "spazzes" (sorry to use the term, but it's all I can think to describe it as) for a split second and then returns to normal again! Shania's breasts do the exact same, even in Fusion form. Ina game that uses something such as the Judgement Ring, this is a pretty annoying thing to suddenly see when trying to hit criticals.

2) Special Attacks seem to have whole frames of animation missing. Mao's Cat Touch's sound effects are about 2-3 seconds behind the actual animation. Also, just before the finishing blow, the enemy completely disappears! Another example is Shania's ultimate Fusion form Tiwara. In her final attack Sun Flare, there is a scene that is supposed to show her brandishing one of her swords and then another. This doesn't happen, and instead her breasts go mental (wibbling everywhere) and the animation of brandishing one of her swords literally has about 2 frames (she stands still and then suddenly has on sword up in the air, with no movement inbetween). Although this doesn't affect the game itself (I've since completed it) it cheapens it so much.

So, my question to you is - have I been done and got some beta copy or something? The voice acting etc is completely fine it's just this bizarre glitchy battle system. Does anyone elses copy have these things in them?

I'll be honest - I'll be annoyed either way. I'll either have to shell out for anther copy or this is the second Ghostlight published game I've bought that's had pretty bad bugs in it. My other Ghostlight game was Lucifer's Call, which froze every single time I played it in 50HZ. I could play the game for ages, but then for no reason at all in a battle, the thing would just freeze.

Thanks much and I hope someone knows what the hell I'm going on about : D

Lycanthroat has 128 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »
Well, considering I played and beat this game a month ago. I have no recollection of what you're talking about at all. That sounds pretty weird, as the SH games have had pretty good polishing. You probably got some bad copy, cause I seriously did not see this at all. I didn't find a single glaring glitch in the game, and the ones you described seem pretty serious.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 08:26:08 PM by Neao »

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
Drunkenvalley

View Profile Email
Drunkenvalley phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 05:40:27 AM »
I've never had the bug you're talking about in Lucifer's Call, honestly. O.o

Drunkenvalley has 5 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 01:27:01 PM »
So I guess you have to buy another copy=/, unless you're fine with the glitchesXD

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
Lycanthroat phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 03:23:08 PM »
Dammit. Maybe it is a bad copy - I thought it was too good to be true that I mysteriously got it a day before release.

I bought two copies of Lucifer's Call and both had the same glitch - both froze at 50HZ during battles in the Amala Labyrinth randomly. I can play it fine in 60HZ though (though I didn't even know what 60HZ was when I had my first copy though).

OK, I'll try and get SH3 cheap then. Thanks much.

Lycanthroat has 128 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: