DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:02:08 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona 3 or Persona Fes? (Read 31067 times)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 08:52:50 PM »
band Yes! Sony Plastation rules!!

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
Lycanthroat phones it in,
 « Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 09:33:25 PM »
Isn't Riviera being re-released for PSP? It's the one with Grim Angels or something, isn't it?

Lycanthroat has 128 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 10:16:36 PM »
It's out already in the US.

aerozero has 264 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
DemonAtmaNizzo

View Profile Email
DemonAtmaNizzo phones it in,
 « Reply #18 on: August 07, 2007, 11:27:58 AM »
Quote from: Lycanthroat;4105

I do like SquareEnix - there are moments in their latest games which remind me of their past glories. But a company that openly admits it has more plans for re-releasing old games than making new original ones is one that has fallen from grace in my eyes.

More like re-releases of remakes of rehashes.

DemonAtmaNizzo has 72 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
Lycanthroat phones it in,
 « Reply #19 on: August 07, 2007, 02:39:37 PM »
Quote from: DemonAtmaNizzo;4129
More like re-releases of remakes of rehashes.

I actually lol'd at that one.

It's out already in the US.

Goddamn PAL release dates/no shows.

*grumble grumble*

Guess I should be pleased PSPs are truly region free. There are loads of RPGs coming out on the PSP actually - Dragonier's Aria, Brave Story, Riviera (and the FF rehashes of course). Most of them are re-releases - I've read that Riviera was on the GB (not in Europe of course) so I'm pleased I'm finally getting the chance to play these long lost games. It was the same with Valkyrie Profile and Tales of Eternia (though I believe that was called Tales of Destiny 2 in the US).

Lycanthroat has 128 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
nightsavior phones it in,
 « Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 12:13:13 AM »
I heard Fes is Persona 3 only with more levels and more stuff. For example they might have something akin to revelations "snow queen quest" that was in the Japanese version but only accessible in the U.S. version through cheats(and it wasn't completely translated to boot).

On an unrelated note I'm sorta glad Europe got the better version of FF-12. Usually they get gyped.

I'm not completely disappointed with square/enix but after they milked the cash cow dry with advent children,dirge of Cerebus, and crisis core I'm realizing they're going with popular trends instead of trying to be innovative.

I liked FF 12 and Kingdom hearts 2 but FF 13 looks cheesy as hell. SE is a "good rpg company" but not the best and I hate their whole "we must never have a mature rated game ever again and stick to teen ratings!" attitude. I think SE is striving to be the "Disney" of rpgs as if their poo smells like fragrant roses. Yes I know every once in awhile you'll see an "M" on an SE title but it is rare and those games don't have nearly as high of production values as the mainstream crap.

nightsavior has 156 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #21 on: August 16, 2007, 01:19:19 AM »
^Lol
First off, sticking to teen ratings doesn't mean a game is bad. Although I agree that SE was and is going down hill, I however have liked their games to the twelfth title. You just seem like you take pride in the fact that SMT only gives M titles and isn't 'mainstream'. I wonder what you'd say if Atlus suddenly started shelling out teen rated SMT games and suddenly got more attention.

Plus, KH 1 & 2 are cheesier and suckier than FF13 probably will be. Although I highly doubt 13 will be good. I'm not going to be buying it so why the hell should I care. The only reason I would want a PS3 now is MGS4, and I'm not all that pumped to shell out 560 dollars for a system and one game. When most games on that system will go cross platform onto another system I have. This is to hoping my brother gets a PS3 and lets me play it sometime when he comes back to visit from college. :P

Believe it or not... mainstream, teen rated video games.. can be good. I know, it's incredible. I never thought it could be true.

On the other hand mainstream music just sucks.  

On-topic: Yes, Persona 3 Fes has bonuses that the original doesn't. Most likely you could've read this thread to figure that out anyway.

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
 « Reply #22 on: August 16, 2007, 09:06:21 PM »
I confessed to enjoying kingdom hearts 2 and FF 12. Do those have a big "M" sticker on them? Mature means more then profane language  or  nudity. It also  deals with the complexities of the story-line. For example FF 12 and Kingdom Hearts have very iconic simple to understand plots whereas Nocturne or DDS is far more intellectually complex. So yes, I suppose I do commonly enjoy mature rated rpgs more then "teen rpgs" but there are "general audience rpgs" that surpass my bias.

Favorite Rpgs at moment

KH 2=Teen
Disgaea=teen
La  pucelle tactics=Teen
FF 12=Teen
Shadow hearts Covenant=Teen
Shadow Hearts 1=Mature
DDS saga=  Mature

If  in fact I'm biased and judging games solely on whether or not they have a mature tag  on them why do so many  of my top rpgs have a "teen" label?

The truth is SE "is" bucking trends and is trying to appeal to a very large fan-base of mostly young impressionable teens. While this  is a good business tactic I find that once in awhile I'm not psyched by a Charlie's Angels Final fantasy fusion (FFx-2) or will pick up a game just because it has cryptic tie ins to FF 7.

Espers turning into vehicles? Planning to make FF13 the first part of  a long  and expensive continual series? That is not the Square I grew up with so of course I have some hard feelings. For the record though I said SE is a good rpg company. Am I going to get scrutinized for not saying it is "the very best" rpg company? That's a bit harsh in my opinion.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 09:09:41 PM by nightsavior »

Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #23 on: August 16, 2007, 09:14:44 PM »
I think they're far from a very good game company in general, honestly.

Beyond that, I definitely understand what you're saying... I think you've better explained that in your second post, though. I don't know how much I can disagree. I think SE has its issues, but I'm not entirely sure I can really nail down what they are precisely. Sometimes games just don't interest you, I suppose. Unfortunately, I've found this to be true of SE on a surprisingly common basis the last several years.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
 « Reply #24 on: August 16, 2007, 09:22:24 PM »
It was like that for me too Tony. I loved FF 4-9 and both parasite eve games. And then when square fused with enix my interest gradually dwindled. I never developed "hatred" towards them but I do remember thinking how  their older games had more creativity and  pazzaz. It's as if their recent games can't  keep me enthralled. It took me almost a year to beat FF-10 and with Kingdom Hearts 2 I got pretty far then for some obscure reason just put it down.

I find Atlus,Nippon ecchi, and Nautilis are the only rare companies that make me excited about releases anymore. I know that is opinionated but alas I'm only human.

On a positive note tomorrow I get Persona 3. I feel like a kid right before Christmas. lol.

Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #25 on: August 16, 2007, 09:24:16 PM »
You should've just said that. You came off like you were just against teen rated games and were placing SMT on an extremely high pedistal, although they are incredible games. My bad, it was 1 am and I was pissed at Shiva for not dying:P. I do agree with you on 13. It's going to get good reviews like all normal final fantasies do, but in reality it's going to suck. Also, mature doesn't mean intellectually complex. CERO rated Nocturne all ages, USK and PEGI rated it 12+. While ESRB is the only rating company to rate it mature. It's just a different take on the content. A teen rated game can have a complex story.

And I wasn't scrutinizing you about SE.:P I dislike SE right now as well, I just didn't like your idea of M versus T games.

Also, SE is the most well known RPG makers. Final Fantasy is the iconic image most people get when they hear RPG. Square Enix aren't following the sucky trend of by the books RPGs. They basically are the trend.

I've never seen a game rated M, in USA, for "Intellectually Complex"

But sorry if I came off like a jerk. I just didn't like where you're coming from on ratings.

Edit:
Quote from: nightsavior;4613

I find Atlus,Nippon ecchi, and Nautilis are the only rare companies that make me excited about releases anymore. I know that is opinionated but alas I'm only human.

I was really pissed when I found out Nautilis was disbanded. I love the Shadow Hearts series. I've only heard of Nippon Ecchi, so I can't really comment on them.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 09:28:23 PM by Neao »

nightsavior

View Profile Email
 « Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 09:27:29 PM »
It's ok Neao. Tony was right I  should have been more  clear about my point in  the beginning. Overall  I'm just as much at fault. Sadly clear  ideas  in a mind don't always get conveyed as clearly in text.

I'll doubt I'll sleep tonight. My persona 3 is inward bound! I haven't been this excited since  I got Shadow hearts covenant and Resident evil 4! king

Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 09:29:54 PM »
Lol, I want to play Persona 3 right now. I do have it, but I wanna finish DDS2 first. :P

nightsavior

View Profile Email
 « Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007, 09:32:40 PM »
You have quite the resolve but I feel your point. I'm actually playing DDS 2 as well. I'm not that far but I'm psyched because I'm about to rescue Sera and get her in my group.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 09:36:13 PM by nightsavior »

Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #29 on: August 16, 2007, 09:36:14 PM »
Dude:P put some spoiler blocks on those XD. Yeah, I'm at the final dungeon. Training to beat Shiva, Vishnu and Seth, then I'll end it. I'm not even gonna fight Satan. After leveling 15 levels, with Item find, I've barley seen any datas to max stats. No way am I leveling that much to beat one dude. Same goes for the demi fiend.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: