DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:15:58 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona 3 or Persona Fes? (Read 31068 times)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
Lycanthroat phones it in,
 « on: July 29, 2007, 08:08:30 PM »
Hey people. Sorry I haven't been on for a while but I've been pretty busy - I went to university this year and moved quite far away from home. Plus I had Persona 2 ET, Devil Summoner and Persona Rev. to complete : D

I was just wondering - is it possible there's a chance that Persona Fes will be released in Europe? America is getting the standard version - albeit with a very nice artbook and soundtrack, which I shall be ordering on import at some point - but do you think that Atlus will have translated Fes in time for Europe? On Amazon.co.uk it says Persona 3 will be released in 2008 (screw that release date for a game of conkers!) but doesn't state what version it is.

I'm wondering this because a similar thing happened with Final Fantasy 10 (I believe - I could be wrong). I have read that America got the "normal" FF10 whilst Europe got the "International" version. This has something to do with the Dark Aeons apparently. Could someone who owns the NTSC game tell me if they exist in the game? I own the PAL version (I live in the UK) and the Dark Aeon sidequest is pretty damn hard.

Either way, I'm supremely looking forward to this game - Devil Summoner was good but some parts were disappointing (why was the town and dungeon music repeated so much? What the hell was wrong with Beezlebub's voice? An old man?!) and after completing (finally) Persona 2 (with that FRICKING Alice! Took me hours finding her!) and now a good 20 hours into Persona Rev. Im in a Persona sort of mood.

NB For anyone who remembers, I finished my Persona Rev. booklet. I will try to get you some pictures when I move back to my student house.

Thank you.

Lycanthroat has 128 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 05:05:19 PM »
There's a few points to be made.

For one, Fes hasn't been announced for anywhere but Japan. I imagine there's some chance of it coming out here eventually, but how high or low that is I could not tell you. So to ask if it'll show up in Europe is just something completely impossible to answer.

As you said, Persona 3 is supposedly showing up in Europe. Most places claim KOEI will be handling that. The thing is, much like other SMT releases there, I'm willing to bet they're simply taking Atlus USA's translation, altering some things and switching it over to PAL standards.

Basically, this means that even if Fes does get translated for the US, I would not expect it to be part of any release in Europe whatsoever. You also have to remember that both Atlus and KOEI are far from the juggernaut Square-Enix is... :corkysm17

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
 « Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 08:25:40 AM »
Fair enough. When you take into consideration the difference between Atlus and Sqauare-Enix, that does become apparent. I guess Fes will prolly go the way of Shadow Hearts Covenant - Director's Cut and never be translated.

I never did understand SE's stance on releasing to Europe an "extended" FF10 edition and not to their biggest consumers, America. Then again, anything SE does these days is subject to question.

This is the company that officially wants to re-release their old games on new formats :corkysm17

Stack Bundles
too dark to see tomorrow

View Profile Email
Stack Bundles phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 09:38:30 AM »
Quote from: Lycanthroat;3924
Then again, anything SE does these days is subject to question.

This is the company that officially wants to re-release their old games on new formats :corkysm17

Releasing and localizing Front Mission 1 for DS is NOT subject to questioning, it is subject to praise. As is DQIV, V and VI being remade for DS, the localization of DQM:Joker, FFIV on DS, and DQIX.

It's ok to like Square Enix. Hating on them stopped being cool back in '03.

EDIT: SE not localizing FM5 is subject to questioning/criticism.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 09:43:42 AM by Stack Bundles »

[INDENT]Sunset glazed...[/INDENT]

Stack Bundles has 189 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 10:40:13 AM »
I should note that I meant that Fes wouldn't be included with the release there... whether or not it might come out later is anyone's guess, but again, it is dependent on whether or not it actually comes out in the US.

DemonAtmaNizzo

View Profile Email
DemonAtmaNizzo phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 04:32:58 PM »
Seeing as P3 itself will be released at practically the end of the PS2's lifetime, it's extremely unlikely.

DemonAtmaNizzo has 72 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 04:37:52 PM »
Quote from: DemonAtmaNizzo;3937
Seeing as P3 itself will be released at practically the end of the PS2's lifetime, it's extremely unlikely.

Sony's actually still helping release PS2 games in 2008... (a version of Twisted Metal, for example). I guess weirder things have happened. Still, honestly speaking, I doubt it will happen either.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 08:36:04 AM »
Since the Playstation 3 comes out, I have seen that many other titles for the PS2 are coming out. I guess they will not want to leave the PS2 at all. But I hope other Megaten games comes for the PS2, because I guess I can´t really buy a PS3.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Himuro

View Profile Email
Himuro phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 11:43:13 AM »
Quote from: Stack Bundles;3927
Releasing and localizing Front Mission 1 for DS is NOT subject to questioning, it is subject to praise. As is DQIV, V and VI being remade for DS, the localization of DQM:Joker, FFIV on DS, and DQIX.

It's ok to like Square Enix. Hating on them stopped being cool back in '03.

EDIT: SE not localizing FM5 is subject to questioning/criticism.

How did hating on SE stop being cool in 2003? If anything, SE garners more hate now than ever before, and rightfully so.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 11:45:49 AM by Himuro »

Himuro has 151 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tokubetsu EX
O' God, The Aftermath

View Profile Email
duomaxwell32@hotmail.com Tokubetsu EX
Tokubetsu EX phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 01:50:53 PM »
Quote from: Emilio Morales;3967
Since the Playstation 3 comes out, I have seen that many other titles for the PS2 are coming out. I guess they will not want to leave the PS2 at all. But I hope other Megaten games comes for the PS2, because I guess I can´t really buy a PS3.

Seeing the route other JP companies are taking, I wouldn't be surprised if the next megaten came out for Wii or DS (which would be much to my chagrin). Hopefully Atlus/R&D1 doesn't follow all these other companies and decideds to give us some nice PS3/360 titles. I wouldn't be surprised if another PS2 MegaTen  game hits before then though.

Some Things Just Never Burn, Some Giants Just Never Fall.

Tokubetsu EX has 25 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Stack Bundles
too dark to see tomorrow

View Profile Email
Stack Bundles phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 07:25:17 PM »
Quote from: Himuro;3969
How did hating on SE stop being cool in 2003? If anything, SE garners more hate now than ever before, and rightfully so.

Because I stopped doing it, therefore it is no longer cool.

[INDENT]Sunset glazed...[/INDENT]

Stack Bundles has 189 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
 « Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 08:49:35 AM »
t's ok to like Square Enix. Hating on them stopped being cool back in '03.

What? Squaresoft and Enix were both brilliant companies - Final Fantasy 6 to 9 (my personal favourites) and Enix with its Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile series are amoung some of my favourite games. Am I not allowed to feel disappointed due to the fact that two great companies merged together and have produced such weak results? Don't even mention Final Fantasy 12 which is possibly the most disappointing game I've ever played.

I do like SquareEnix - there are moments in their latest games which remind me of their past glories. But a company that openly admits it has more plans for re-releasing old games than making new original ones is one that has fallen from grace in my eyes.

Plus I don't own a DS (I like my PSP just fine thanks - it's got Valkyrie Profile on it : D). I'm not going to lie and say I'd like MegaTen to start coming out on the Wii/DS. Nintendo consoles, for me, have always been about the casual gamer and I can count the number of RPGs on the Gamecube on one hand. I read in the official 360 mag that the PS2 is still outselling the 360 in Japan and even Blue Dragon didn't raise the sales much. I think there will be one more MT game on the PS2 but after that....I dunno.

Because I stopped doing it, therefore it is no longer cool.

Apart from the arrogance seeping from that statement, why out of interest did you start liking them in 2003?

Himuro

View Profile Email
Himuro phones it in,
 « Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 07:29:41 PM »
Yeah, in 2003 that's when they went to shit.

Plus I don't own a DS (I like my PSP just fine thanks - it's got Valkyrie Profile on it : D). I'm not going to lie and say I'd like MegaTen to start coming out on the Wii/DS. Nintendo consoles, for me, have always been about the casual gamer and I can count the number of RPGs on the Gamecube on one hand. I read in the official 360 mag that the PS2 is still outselling the 360 in Japan and even Blue Dragon didn't raise the sales much. I think there will be one more MT game on the PS2 but after that....I dunno.

Forget rpgs, Nintendo consoles don't have anything. The only good Nintendo console is the SNES. I never really understood the love for Nintendo beyond nostalgia.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 07:32:04 PM by Himuro »

Himuro has 151 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
 « Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 08:49:19 PM »
Call me dense, but....

what exactly happened in 2003? I can't remember - something to do with Advent Children or Radiata Stories?

aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 08:50:26 PM »
The GBA had good RPGs, Golden Sun, Yggdra Union, Riviera, Summon Night, Fire Emblem, FFTA (not as good as FFT but it was alright), Pokemon, Boktai, Advanced Wars etc.

aerozero has 264 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: