DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:31:46 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona 3 Reviews (Read 48245 times)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
nightsavior phones it in,
 « Reply #45 on: August 10, 2007, 11:26:54 PM »
The  Chick guy seems like he has a bias against all Japanese rpgs so his opinion is invalid to me. Glad P3 got two other flawless recommendations however!

nightsavior has 156 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #46 on: August 11, 2007, 08:39:08 AM »
Quote from: Emilio Morales;4343
WHAT? Over already? Wow does the game is short or what? Man I always want my games to be as much long as it can.

I work at home, so I can kind of play the game whenever I want. Trust me, I've put a LOT of time into it. It's easily a 70 hour plus game.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
 « Reply #47 on: August 11, 2007, 09:10:53 AM »
If it's a 70 hour + game I'll be grinding at it awhile. I understand how people that work out of home can beat it over a time span of fewer days.  What I don't understand are "rpg rush nuts". People that say they beat Digital Devil 2 in 28 hours or  Shadow hearts Covenant at around 30 hours. If you level up and do all the side quests in Covenant it is easily a 80-100 hour game. I hate to  sound like  an old foogey but what happened to stop and smell the roses?

Tony
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #48 on: August 11, 2007, 10:46:19 AM »
Well, DDS2, for example, didn't exactly have a ton of side quests to do. I did all of the extra battles and I think it still only took me 35 hours. I could have spent more time leveling up Mantras and such, but when you've finished every thing off it doesn't seem all that important. Some people are just faster, I guess, and others I imagine just aren't interested in much beyond the main story... which I think is understandable. There are definitely games I'm kind of just done with by that point lol.

I've been doing all of the quests as they come up in Persona 3. They're usually well separated (and even then, most just involve finding an item or killing something). I've leveled up enough that none of the bosses have really been a problem. So I don't know, I've had the game over 3 weeks now (and other reviewers even longer -- but obviously I can't speak of them), so personally it's not like I'm skipping every thing in the game. I'm just not really playing anything else.

Honestly, even if you really skipped over a lot of stuff, it's still probably in the neighborhood of 70+ hours. I'm sure some will beat it faster, but on average I think it would take people even longer than that... This is just my guess. I've not finished the game, but if an average month takes as long as it has for me so far, multiplying it by the full year puts it up around there somewhere.

It's also a game I'm actually thinking I'll want to play a second time too, which is very rare for me. I don't think anyone is going to be disappointed in terms of length or sheer amount of things to do.

Also, I've resigned myself to the fact that I won't have it finished by the time it comes out to provide any sort of final, definitive review. Even by my estimates, I'd have another 20 to 30+ hours to go just to finish the story without blasting through it and ignoring every thing (I've personally just been playing it like I would if I didn't even run this site, I just enjoy playing it). It's just not humanly possible and unfortunately I won't be around for two weeks or so after that lol.

Still, I think I've answered some good questions about it and helped hype it up some. It's very good and honestly, it's the only RPG in a long time that I've even felt like investing this much time in. So I guess that makes up for the lack of a review so soon. I'll do one eventually.

Tony
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #49 on: August 11, 2007, 10:58:26 AM »
Actually, come Monday, I'll probably just write something about how I feel about it where I am at the time and then do a final review a bit later on. If you're coming to this site at all, I'm kind of going to assume that I don't need to sit and explain all the elements of the story and such. I'm wanting to stick more with what was done especially well, what sets it apart and how fun it is. I don't think many reviews have gotten the idea of how fun it is or isn't across very well.

nightsavior

View Profile Email
 « Reply #50 on: August 11, 2007, 03:53:22 PM »
You have played the game a long time Tony. I think even though you haven't beat it you still know more about the world then say a guy that plays it 5  hours then posts his review. I wouldn't sweat it too much.

It seems like the game will have alot to do as you say  and even replay factor due to the stipulation you can develop relationships with  other students in unique ways.

Tony
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #51 on: August 11, 2007, 09:54:49 PM »
Quote from: nightsavior;4377
It seems like the game will have alot to do as you say  and even replay factor due to the stipulation you can develop relationships with  other students in unique ways.

This has actually been something that trips me up sometimes. You can't really have simultaneous "intimate" relationships with more than one girl for obvious reasons. I'm still not really sure who to stick with lol.

nightsavior

View Profile Email
 « Reply #52 on: August 11, 2007, 10:04:06 PM »
I thought the fencer girl seemed intriguing but the girl with the pink sweater (Yuka-Tan?) seems a bit snobby. I don't think she's a bad person par se, just not that girl you'd want to be around for fun or exploring open minded possibilities with. However since all I've seen are trailers and very brief character bios I'm unsure who I'll pursue and can't make a final judgement.

I do think it would be funny if you could indeed be a "male-slut" but as a result suffered the consequences of it and got mauled and hung by the flag pole by your under wear by your female compatriots. lol.

Or have two girls that are bi and wouldn't mind being with the main character together at once and with each other at  once! (Waits for the pervert police mental asylum people to take him away.)

lipucd

View Profile Email
lipucd phones it in,
 « Reply #53 on: August 11, 2007, 10:37:01 PM »
Im guessing then Aigis can't be won over then?...blah...
Then again with her out I guess that leave only Mitsuru and Yukari...;-;
So ya....options are few then...=p

lipucd has 16 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
 « Reply #54 on: August 11, 2007, 10:46:20 PM »
Well...in FF your destined to be with one girl...whether you like her or not, heh.

Yuna: Oh Tidus we are destined to be! By the way I've become a pop star music princess like Britney spears!

Tidus: Crap! Why can't I choose Rikku or Lu-Lu?! Well I guess Lu Lu got banged up by Wakka....but Rikku and Payne are still single! I hate you linear plot! You limit my options!

Not that I hate Yuna...just using  a spoof scenario to illustrate my point. lol.

lipucd

View Profile Email
lipucd phones it in,
 « Reply #55 on: August 11, 2007, 10:54:03 PM »
True...I forget that at times....I guess im too used to sandbox games like Metal Saga where your allowed just so much freedom on how you take yourself....Then again the glaring flaw with said games is that a defanete "end" isn't realy possable and people can get lost fast without a clue on what to do next. ^_^;;

lipucd has 16 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #56 on: August 11, 2007, 11:47:07 PM »
You can only go on dates with Aigis and Elizabeth in FES, from what I've heard, Elizabeth's date scenes are quite hilarious.

aerozero has 264 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
 « Reply #57 on: August 12, 2007, 04:49:49 AM »
So you cannot date Yuka Tan? That seems odd. She seemed like the leading female character from all the advertisements and what not. Oh well I guess we're not going to have any steamy developments or quite as many options.  Unless that is you can get romantically involved with the other female characters through other plot devices besides "dating".

Rpgs never seem to address "alternative life styles" or the fact not everyone "dates" as the means to  eventually get intimate.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 04:53:48 AM by nightsavior »

Tony
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #58 on: August 12, 2007, 10:43:35 AM »
You can date Yukari.

Tokubetsu EX
O' God, The Aftermath

View Profile Email
duomaxwell32@hotmail.com Tokubetsu EX
Tokubetsu EX phones it in,
 « Reply #59 on: August 12, 2007, 11:09:41 AM »
I'm leaning towards Mitsuru but the few scenes I've seen with Yukari seem like they'd be really hard to want to blow her off.

Some Things Just Never Burn, Some Giants Just Never Fall.

Tokubetsu EX has 25 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: