DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:30:39 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Virtua Fighter 5 (Read 11233 times)
Early Archer
Crystalline water

View Profile Email
Early Archer phones it in,
 « on: September 25, 2005, 04:42:36 PM »
If anyone is interested...

http://virtuafighter.com/
and some trailers
http://games.kikizo.com/news/200509/053.asp

The grafics look AMAZING! But the main thing is the gameplay, wich will be hard to improve from the almost perfect VF4 gameplay. Anyway, new fighters means new fighting styles.:rambo:  I´m curious to see wich styles will be...

I hope I´m not the only VF fan on this forum:updown:

May fortune be with you.

Early Archer has 93 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Soulless_Beast
Tragic Idiot.

View Profile Email
furious_st
Soulless_Beast phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 12:29:10 PM »
^You're not I'm one. I heard that monkey will be making an appearence in this one.

Pandas on the storm.... Pandas on the storm.... Into this house we roam. Then to the streets we run. When the peeps aren't having fun it's to us they first shall come. Pandas on the storm... YEAH!

Soulless_Beast has 101 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Kakizaki
Hikaru's wingman

View Profile Email
Kakizaki phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 10:10:59 PM »
I too am a fan -- too bad I suck though....;)

Kakizaki has 312 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
Early Archer
Crystalline water

View Profile Email
 « Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 08:36:08 AM »
Quote from: Kakizaki
I too am a fan -- too bad I suck though....;)

I sucked too, not too long ago. You just have to choose a character you like and train with him:rambo:.
My choice is Kage Maru : fast and unpredictible. He´s the ninja... ninja

May fortune be with you.

Kakizaki
Hikaru's wingman

View Profile Email
Kakizaki phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: October 02, 2005, 10:50:55 AM »
I played a lot with Pai, who is kind of a beginners character anyway, but to truly get better, I feel you have to play with other human players.  None of my friends care too much for VF.  I think the difficulty puts them off.  How about those player hand movement videos in Evo?  Some of that stuff is nuts.

Early Archer
Crystalline water

View Profile Email
 « Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 11:10:48 AM »
Quote from: Kakizaki
I played a lot with Pai, who is kind of a beginners character anyway, but to truly get better, I feel you have to play with other human players.  None of my friends care too much for VF.  I think the difficulty puts them off.  How about those player hand movement videos in Evo?  Some of that stuff is nuts.

I have the same problem: lack of competition. Most of my friends play Tekken instead because is easier, and the ones that do play VF aren´t very good, so I´m kinda stuck with fighting the computer...
About those videos... Yes, they are crazy! I can´t do some of that stuff even with both hands.

How about you Soulless Beast, any favorite characters?

May fortune be with you.

Soulless_Beast
Tragic Idiot.

View Profile Email
furious_st
 « Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 05:23:05 PM »
That makes three. When people get schooled they're more reluctant. The two things I've grew to learn while playing this game and doing research are this:1.Humans have the greatest variation and adaptabiltywhen it is applied of any species known. 2. If people paid attention they would realize that this game much like Martial Arts itself are based on principles and theory. Try letting them play the computer to build up interest and confidence then re-challenge them once they got some knowledge under their belts. They might even teach a few things from a new angle.

Pandas on the storm.... Pandas on the storm.... Into this house we roam. Then to the streets we run. When the peeps aren't having fun it's to us they first shall come. Pandas on the storm... YEAH!

Kakizaki
Hikaru's wingman

View Profile Email
Kakizaki phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 07:38:52 PM »
About those videos... Yes, they are crazy! I can´t do some of that stuff even with both hands.

Wouldn't it be great to see a proper documentary on fighting game tournament players?  Or maybe a mini series on PBS.  That True Life videogame player was absolute rubbish.  I thought I heard once that PBS Hawaii had some sort of documentary like this.....I know I am probably wrong though.

Soulless_Beast
Tragic Idiot.

View Profile Email
furious_st
 « Reply #8 on: October 03, 2005, 08:09:43 PM »
Sounds cool.

Early Archer
Crystalline water

View Profile Email
 « Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 06:51:47 AM »
Quote from: Soulless_Beast
That makes three. When people get schooled they're more reluctant. The two things I've grew to learn while playing this game and doing research are this:1.Humans have the greatest variation and adaptabiltywhen it is applied of any species known. 2. If people paid attention they would realize that this game much like Martial Arts itself are based on principles and theory. Try letting them play the computer to build up interest and confidence then re-challenge them once they got some knowledge under their belts. They might even teach a few things from a new angle.

It really is a game where you have to train to improve yourself, not just memorize some combos, and that´s what drives players away, you have to make an effort if you want to get better. Like my brother says, "This isn´t a fighting game, it´s a fighting simulator!"

:rambo: I need a worthy oponnent...

May fortune be with you.

Soulless_Beast
Tragic Idiot.

View Profile Email
furious_st
 « Reply #10 on: October 05, 2005, 01:02:55 PM »
"Whoop ass time!" Maya from Persona: EP start.

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: