DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:44:19 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble with the Matador fiend...@_@ (SMT: Noctorne) (Read 13400 times)
EightbitX

View Profile WWW Email
EightbitfuryX
EightbitX phones it in,
 « on: April 17, 2007, 11:13:54 PM »
Greetings, kinda new to the forums but i tried to get help from gamefaqs and it fails to do anything except complicate things even worse, but in SMT imagine in quite stuck at the Matador. my party consists of me being level 19 , Jack Frost, High Pixie , and a Goddess (cant remember the name off the top of my head with Null Force, Media and a few other support skills). but i get to the point where he talks again in battle and hes readying a final attack and eventually in one turn he does that multiple stab thing twice and it completely kills my party off. help please ? also a sidenote, i got a ton of healing items , just missing out on Chakra Drops and MP healing items, also my Magatama is the Null Force one, havent gotten any skills for it , just recently digested it..

EightbitX has 8 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Camanche
Same shit, different style.

View Profile Email
camanche@gmail.com
Camanche phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 08:33:29 AM »
I found that if you skimmed through the game in exploration and leveling up at any point, this fiend can really, well, be a pain. I had a lot of trouble on my first time through and found that I had to level up for quite a while to stand some of his attack assaults. Keep getting your levels up. I remember beating him at level 21-22, but I could be wrong. Sometimes a few levels can make a big difference around that part of the game.

Do you have access to MP healing items for purchase? Take all the money you get from leveling to get MP items. You'll need Uzume, who I think you have, to throw out media a lot when the whole party gets hit for a lot of damage. Just keep everyone's HP up and throw chakra items at Uzume when she needs them. It shouldn't be too hard after that.

Camanche has 171 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
DemonAtmaNizzo

View Profile Email
DemonAtmaNizzo phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 08:53:54 AM »

Jack Frost and High Pixie are a little outdated, try replacing them with stronger demons, at least for this battle. An archangel could be useful, for example.

Quoted from the other post.

Yeah, it would be a good idea to stock up on Chakra Drops like crazy now while you can. I'm pretty sure after a certain point you have to resort to the jewelry shop for MP items.

DemonAtmaNizzo has 72 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Camanche

View Profile Email
camanche@gmail.com
Camanche phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 09:11:50 AM »
That's a good point too. Even if you could just replace one of them with something stronger that isn't weak to force, or better, resists it in some way. I'm not sure what's in that area, or what you can fuse around that level though. Can't remember...

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 09:36:33 AM »
Quote from: Camanche;2699
That's a good point too. Even if you could just replace one of them with something stronger that isn't weak to force, or better, resists it in some way. I'm not sure what's in that area, or what you can fuse around that level though. Can't remember...

Can't one fuse to get a Nozuchi or Nekomata at that point?

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Camanche

View Profile Email
camanche@gmail.com
Camanche phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 09:57:57 AM »
There should even be Nozuchi's in the Underpass, but I don't know if you can recruit them through just talking and negotiating.

EightbitX

View Profile WWW Email
EightbitfuryX
EightbitX phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 08:23:49 PM »
nozu? that the odd looking thing with the huge nose????

EightbitX has 8 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Camanche

View Profile Email
camanche@gmail.com
Camanche phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 09:36:09 PM »
Yup, the furry yellow blob with legs and an elephant's trunk.

white_inucubi
white_incubi, persuerer of feinds

View Profile Email
white_inucubi phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 02:03:43 PM »
you can recruit the nozuchi. i subjest getting nekomata or someting with media or mediarama, i can look as soon as i get it back from me cousin, i can also subjest lilum, although you should fuse to get it with seduce (about 90% sucsess with abut 75 of that being a straight off.). i also subjest leveling up. he did give me trouble, however after trying about twice i went and got a crudload of levels under my belt and looked what i could get with anti-zan stuff. oh and nozuchi evolves in to the turtle god (xian guang), oh i also would look and see what stuff u can get such as chakra pots etc. hey if u need advice just ask, although i am a level 99 at the moment i still remember the start of the game, i hated matador at first.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 02:06:24 PM by white_inucubi »

images run, knowlage hides. i will get the harlot as soon as i know of a fusion to get. heheheh.

white_inucubi has 7 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
soultaker9639
Hellfire guardian

View Profile Email
soultaker9639@hotmail.com TheAznRevoIution
soultaker9639 phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 01:10:47 PM »
The strength of the fiends depends on the total level/strength of you party. The only thing you can really do to make sure you beat him is to be stocked up on healing items then make sure you have strong moves which brings down his stats and do a lot of damage to him and fast.

soultaker9639 has 8 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Oni-Kagura
You know, that one guy.

View Profile Email
Oni-Kagura phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 02:13:25 PM »
I assume you've already beaten him...but the best thing you can do is have your protagonist learn Fog Breath to neutralize his Red Capote (look that up in an FAQ).

Beyond that...throw everything but the kitchen sink at him, including any damaging items you have (the Megido or Megidola Rocks, or whatever they're called, help a lot there). Matador is probably the second or third toughest boss in the entire game, so don't be conservative.

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
 - Jules de Gaultier

Oni-Kagura has 35 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: