DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:40:55 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: quest to beat Demi Fiend/Hitoshura (Read 13040 times)
Matyu

View Profile WWW Email
Matyu phones it in,
 « on: April 12, 2007, 11:02:46 AM »
I'm on my way to go beat Demi Fiend! Anybody here have beaten him?

I'm writing the progress of my quest to beat Demi Fiend here : http://tehlvler.blogspot.com/

You can post a comment to give me advices or just for fun.

Matyu has 18 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Matyu

View Profile WWW Email
Matyu phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 08:59:55 AM »
YEEES! I killed him!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz-1vgCQjCc

king

Matyu has 18 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 12:35:12 PM »
Hey, good job!  One of these days I'll get around to it myself.:buh:

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 12:48:48 PM »
Is he really that hard to beat? He was the only boss I left without killing and went on to DDS2. I wanted to try Satan in DDS2, and I was gonna try demi-fiend after I had beaten DDS2.

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 12:52:04 PM »
It just takes forever since you only really get to attack him every four or five rounds or so and you have to be paying attention to each move they use.  Also you have to pretty much Max out your stats to avoid instant death.  Conceivably I could go and do that right now, its just usually I get bored halfway through the battle or I fuck up and forget who used what the turn previous.  Also I've already beaten DDS2 so there really isn't much point to beating him for a bonus I'll never get.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 12:54:56 PM by DevilRy »

Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 04:27:34 PM »
Meh, I'm getting second thoughts about even fighting Satan in DDS2 now. I don't really feel like having to level up that much and max everything out just to beat one guy, who I can't even beat without some luck even at max level. I'll just fight up to Seth in DDS2 and end the game=/

In Nocturne, I have some incentive to fight the hidden, hard boss. It gives you a different ending, which I will try to work to in hard mode.

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 12:42:49 AM »
I finally beat Hitoshura the other day.  Basically the only way I could really beat him was to make Pixie run out of MP by casting Sukukaja and Randomizer every round and then healing or Dekunda-ing from Arahabaki's Randomizer.  It took me about six or seven tries though.  You kind of have to use Cielo to survive that initial Mother Earth's Repast, since at 99 Luck you almost always recover from Bad Status the next round, so you have to have Pixie score an extra press turn from Dorumina in order for Hitoshura to cast Mother Earth's Repast on the same round.  It takes about 30 or so rounds for her to run out of MP to cast Dekunda and interestingly enough when his Nakama cast Dekaja and Dekunda they don't count as actions towards the inevitable Recarmdora, which from my experience can happen anywhere from 25 to 30 press turn actions after being summoned.  After Pixie runs out of MP basically you can fully Randomizer Hitoshura and Pixie and Arahabaki as long as you keep casting Sukukaja every round to keep Arahabaki from casting Dekunda, he'll just keep casting Dekaja on you every round.

Also, though all my party was over level 90, none of them were level 99, although I did Max out everyone's Magic and Luck scores and everyone had Mastered the entire Mantra Flow.  I didn't really have the patience to hunt for the other noises, except for the random Vital Noises I got from hunting Titania to pay for the last Mantras.

Right now I'm going through DDS2 again.  This time I think I'll try and take on the optional bosses since importing my Extra data from the first DDS.

Tetsuya
Wicked Apple

View Profile Email
Tetsuya phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 08:30:09 PM »
I've finally beaten him but... using the Red Star strategy. I find it virtually impossible to win without it (and besides, my Cielo was on 32 lv. since I didn't use him even once!). Seriously, whoever is responsible for this fight should burn in hell for all eternity (but then again, this person would probably like it). I mean, who of you came up with the thought that null sleep allows avoiding Gaea Rage? And who of you came up with the thoguht that mediarahan will be used only once? It's pure abstraction... O_O

BTW - somebody knows how that Red Star guy came up with this? How he knew that Pixie won't use recarmdra? When I first saw her running out of MP, I was like "I'm sure that bitch ain't that stupid and she'll use recarmdra next turn!"...

« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 09:27:38 PM by Tetsuya »

Labyrinth of sympathy in which I'm lost and can't leave
And too much truth overshadows the lime lies
Cos' what lies beneath the clouds is an
Altered perception and I'll pay for sanity
But sanity don't come cheap

Tetsuya has 39 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: