DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:18:23 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So who has there copy of P3 (Read 47820 times)
Thanatos
The Blesser of Death

View Profile WWW Email
Thanatos phones it in,
 « Reply #45 on: February 25, 2008, 03:11:04 AM »
P3 was the last SMT game I bought, got it a week or two after it came out. Loved the ending, epic win. I've played the game 200 hours plus now. Third play though now.

Thanatos has 16 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
Lycanthroat phones it in,
 « Reply #46 on: March 03, 2008, 04:57:07 PM »
My boyfriend bought me Persona 3 from America for my birthday last year (I own a chipped console). I believe that's September-ish time. I love it to bits, although I think Persona 2 is my favourite by an inch. Then again, there was no running-around-in-circles-for-hours-looking-for-Alice in P3.

Goddamn you Alice! mad

Lycanthroat has 128 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #47 on: March 12, 2008, 03:23:45 AM »
I'm finding more and more that I don't really like Persona 3 very much, if at all.

I wanted to give it a sporting chance but there's so much about it that sucks that I can't really play it anymore.  I mean you can't control the other members of your party?  Then why make it turn-based?  In fact, that's the only part about battle that is any difficult at all, is accounting for all the absolutely retarded actions of your party members.

The characters are lackluster; they're all really a bunch of stock anime characters really.  I can't think of one single character that doesn't instantly remind me of other characters in popular anime/manga.  The whole thing about Commu levels is just a joke.  You seriously just manipulate people to raise your Tarot card levels?  It's just not Persona.  I probably wouldn't have a problem with it if it was like a gaiden to the first two but since they put 3 on it... It's just kind of defeating... It's like, this was designed by adults you say?

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
Lugn

View Profile Email
Lugn phones it in,
 « Reply #48 on: March 12, 2008, 01:47:06 PM »
I preordered my copy of Persona 3 and sold it after two weeks.I beat it a couple of times,but I didn't like the game that much.The gameplay is a hodgepodge of mediocrity (a pseudo-dungeon crawler mixed with a shallow dating sim and a overly simplified,broken version of Nocturne's press turn system).The game is too easy,the full moon battles are a joke and the floor guardians in Tartarus aren't much better.The music is terrible and lacking in variety.Fuuka's annoying voice and the horrible battle music made me mute the game.

The menus lag and they removed the ability to turn off the gaudy battle animations for some reason.The animation and artwork in the cutscenes remind me of Serial Experiments Lain (not in a good way).The enemies and floors in Tartarus are recycled with different skins.The main cast are a bunch of clichéd anime characters that fail to transcend from their stereotypes into something likable.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 08:48:58 AM by Lugn »

Lugn has 5 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: