DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:21:24 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona Portable! Lets do it ourselves! (Read 33677 times)
minotaurus
Persona User

View Profile Email
minotaurus phones it in,
 « on: April 07, 2007, 10:32:41 AM »
Hey! I was wondering, if Atlus doesnt make the Persona for PSP how about doing it ourselves? We can work together to make it! We can start a proyect together. What do you think? Also if most of you doesnt have a PSP we can make one for Pc!

minotaurus has 43 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
DemonAtmaNizzo

View Profile Email
DemonAtmaNizzo phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 02:31:22 PM »
For the PSP - highly unlikely.

For the PC - Possible, I'm thinking an RPG Maker XP project could work if enough people were willing to do it.

DemonAtmaNizzo has 72 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 03:56:39 PM »
Quote from: DemonAtmaNizzo;2576
For the PC - Possible, I'm thinking an RPG Maker XP project could work if enough people were willing to do it.

No. You can't do much of anything with RPGMaker, because it's a mediocre software aimed at 14-year-olds who want to make Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest clones, but don't actually want to put any effort into it.

I have no interest in any of this, I just wanted to state how terrible RPGMaker is.

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 04:16:00 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't know that anyone that regularly visits here really has the skill necessary to actually make a game. RPGMaker is one thing, but its design makes doing anything in the style of Persona extremely difficult. I suppose you could attempt it, but I doubt it would work out well.

Beyond that, there's always firmware modding your PSP and actually running an ISO of Persona or Persona 2.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 04:35:28 PM »
Quote from: DemonAtmaNizzo;2576
For the PSP - highly unlikely.

Count with me, I can work pretty well in RPG Maker xp. And it will be a good way to express our fanatism of Persona series. If your'e willing to do it, please count with me, I can be a lot of help.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
minotaurus
Persona User

View Profile Email
minotaurus phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 04:31:16 PM »
Quote from: Emilio Morales;2581
Count with me, I can work pretty well in RPG Maker xp. And it will be a good way to express our fanatism of Persona series. If your'e willing to do it, please count with me, I can be a lot of help.

Oh! Great! I am also good with RMXP! And i was starting a project, in fact as they mentioned Its really hard to mod the scripts in a persona way, everything is final fantasy look like, i will post some pix to show you what i got, hope you like =)

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 08:14:19 PM »
Quote from: minotaurus;2598
Oh! Great! I am also good with RMXP! And i was starting a project, in fact as they mentioned Its really hard to mod the scripts in a persona way, everything is final fantasy look like, i will post some pix to show you what i got, hope you like =)

Yes, that will be the first problem of the RPG Maker, but like certain person I know say:

When there's a will, there's a way!

EvilHero

View Profile Email
EvilHero phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 09:18:12 PM »
Quote from: Heat;2577
No. You can't do much of anything with RPGMaker, because it's a mediocre software aimed at 14-year-olds who want to make Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest clones, but don't actually want to put any effort into it.

I have no interest in any of this, I just wanted to state how terrible RPGMaker is.

I have to agree with this statement.  

I just don't see this kind of thing happening on the RM system.  Even if it was, it would't compare.

The more you sweat, the less you bleed l- SAL Boxing

EvilHero has 10 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 07:21:57 AM »
Quote from: EvilHero;2617
I have to agree with this statement.  

I just don't see this kind of thing happening on the RM system.  Even if it was, it would't compare.

Of course it wount be the same, but at least put the idea and the feeling in it. Anyway, not all are going to work on the project. And if you have other sugestions let us know, and stop complaining about it.

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 08:01:44 AM »
Quote from: Emilio Morales;2619
and stop complaining about it.

I fail to see how you came to the conclusion that he was "complaining". Too bad this is a public forum and he has every right to complain should he wish to do so, as there's (as far as I know) no rule against it.

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
EvilHero

View Profile Email
EvilHero phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 12:34:10 PM »
Quote from: Emilio Morales;2619
Of course it wount be the same, but at least put the idea and the feeling in it. Anyway, not all are going to work on the project. And if you have other sugestions let us know, and stop complaining about it.

Before I get into anymore, I just want to state i'm assuming you guys want to "port" Persona to the PC (all this talk is kind of vague as to if its a port or an original game.)

While i'm all for any kind of movement in the SMT fanbase, I think that energy like that could be used elsewhere.  

If you do plan on doing this, I think you should try doing something with an original story and not a remake.  Also (this can't be stressed enough.)  The sprites HAVE to be reworked. 100% of the time i'm turned off by any kind of game made with RM because it looks exactly like all the others.

The more you sweat, the less you bleed l- SAL Boxing

EvilHero has 10 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 05:04:50 PM »
Quote from: EvilHero;2621
Before I get into anymore, I just want to state i'm assuming you guys want to "port" Persona to the PC (all this talk is kind of vague as to if its a port or an original game.)

While i'm all for any kind of movement in the SMT fanbase, I think that energy like that could be used elsewhere.  

If you do plan on doing this, I think you should try doing something with an original story and not a remake.  Also (this can't be stressed enough.)  The sprites HAVE to be reworked. 100% of the time i'm turned off by any kind of game made with RM because it looks exactly like all the others.

You have a good point in here, but what I get of this, is that we are going to make a new story, can be the story of my manga for example, but of course I dont want to have a "remake" of the game, I know that would be booring and without imagination.

But thanks for the advice.

Kakizaki
Hikaru's wingman

View Profile Email
Kakizaki phones it in,
 « Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 06:24:46 PM »
I can appreciate the zeal, but I have to agree with some of the others, this just wouldn't work out.

Kakizaki has 312 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
minotaurus
Persona User

View Profile Email
minotaurus phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 06:52:20 PM »
Actually it would work! It can have the same level of firsts SMT games on snes but with an interesting plot it could be great =)

You have a good point in here, but what I get of this, is that we are going to make a new story, can be the story of my manga for example, but of course I dont want to have a "remake" of the game, I know that would be booring and without imagination.

I completly agree i would never do a remake, too boring.

Stack Bundles
too dark to see tomorrow

View Profile Email
Stack Bundles phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 08:50:24 PM »
This "project" will never leave this thread.

[INDENT]Sunset glazed...[/INDENT]

Stack Bundles has 189 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: