DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:44:09 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Devil Summoner PSP Changes (Read 19177 times)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « on: October 05, 2005, 05:11:40 PM »
According to an article on 1UP, Atlus will be making some changes and including some additions to the PSP version of Devil Summoner -- it'll also include a trailer for the new Devil Summoner: Kuzunoha Raidou game...

Not content with a straight port to PSP, Sega Saturn classic and Shin Megami Tensei spin-off Devil Summoner is receiving an upgrade on PSP.

Gamers who've played the Shin Megami Tensei games on PS2 can attest to the series' high difficulty. Since Devil Summoner is known for being a tough and somewhat unbalanced game, Atlus is completely re-tooling it for the PSP audience. They're planning on going through and all of the enemy stats so it becomes "An RPG that anyone can casually enjoy."

Atlus wants to make the game "quick and fun," and as a result, the battles, load times, and confusing aspects of the game are being fixed up. "When comparing it to the Saturn version, it's almost a completely different game," the team says. "It's been reborn in a good way."

Other additions to the PSP version include the ability to save the game at any time, a new ultimate boss, a Demon Encylopedia that was originally released in Japan as a fan disc to the original game, and a trailer for the PS2 Devil Summoner game coming next year.

The Japanese version of Devil Summoner PSP is scheduled for a December 22nd release. There are rumors about a certain company that likes SMT games planning on bringing it to the US, so with some luck we'll see it stateside in 2006.

Article here.

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
rotkappchen
Baroque n'roll

View Profile WWW Email
334285557 Rotkasama@hotmail.com rotkasama rotkasama
rotkappchen phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 05:37:36 PM »
Nice. Even if the game wasn't that difficult. I beat all the game only with Kyougi & Rei except the final boss where i put a Tanoorochi in my team. The key in Devil Summoner was to got a high speed character who use item to reflect attack or magic before the boss's attack. Anyway, if they put less random encounters it could be cool.

Nice to see a "save where you want" option since the psp is not known for its long battery time, even if we already could save anywhere in the saturn version if we bought a Back Upper in the shop...

I can't wait to see the new ultimate boss !

rotkappchen has 19 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Sith Lord Illidan
Vicious Ranch Tooth

View Profile Email
hanumachine_R@yahoo.com
Sith Lord Illidan phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 10:17:23 PM »
Very nice indeed. That's the game I'm going to get when I buy the PSP for the first time.

Sith Lord Illidan has 18 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 10:55:04 PM »
That does sound look good news,even if I haven't played the Saturn version,I'm always interested in trying out any of the SMT games.I just hope it does come to the US.

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 08:51:35 PM »
Has anyone here bothered to try this out since its Japanese release? Every thing seems very quiet as far as this game goes. I'm hoping Atlus USA shows some interest in this title eventually, but honestly it seems so up in the air. I don't know why they'd bother with Demi-Kids and then ignore something like this that looks to be infinitely more entertaining.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Early Archer
Crystalline water

View Profile Email
Early Archer phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 02:17:39 PM »
Quote from: Tony
...I don't know why they'd bother with Demi-Kids and then ignore something like this that looks to be infinitely more entertaining.

I guess they though Demi-Kids had that whole "pokémon" thing going for it, so they decided it was worth the risk nolaff.
But there´s still hope for Devil Summoner PSP, if Kuzonoha Raidou gets released in the US :blah:.

May fortune be with you.

Early Archer has 93 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 01:16:52 PM »
I played it at TGS '05 and found it to be the most boringest thing ever. D: Maybe I just can't get into really old school games? It might have been better if they made a Soul Hackers or new Persona release instead.^^;

"I'll grab the stars if you want them..."

Argilla has 291 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: