DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:14:35 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xenosaga Episode III (Read 36606 times)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « on: September 15, 2005, 03:14:59 AM »
These were from the GameFaqs board: http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xst14sb.jpg
http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xst25dc.jpg

I know there has to be some XS fans over here. *eyes Philemon* Is anyone looking forward to this one(despite Shion does look skanky *shrugs*). Or did some people just give up on the series after one and two?

Infos from Gamespot site:
"Monolith Soft is developing the third--and final---installment to its popular sci-fi RPG series.

Besides giving the public their first look at Metal Gear Solid 4, the latest issue of Famitsu magazine has the first details on Xenosaga Episode III. Bearing the Nietzschean title Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra, the game will be the final installment in the Xenosaga trilogy. Like the previous two Xenosagas, Episode III is being developed for the PlayStation 2 by Monolith Soft and will be published by Namco. No release date has been announced at the current time.

Xenosaga Episode III will take place one year after the end of Episode II and will once again focus on the adventures of series heroine Shion Uzuki and her friends. Party members confirmed to be in Episode III include JR, KOS-MOS, and Ziggy. The graphics in Xenosaga Episode III will be in the more-realistic style of Episode II, as opposed to the cutely deformed look of Episode I.

Episode III takes place after Shion resigns from her job as chief engineer of Vector Corporation's R&D Division when she discovers the company is involved in the destructive Gnosis Phenomenon. She now works together with an underground organization called Scientia, which is attempting to expose Vector Corporation's wrongdoings. After her departure from Vector, Shion learns that her old employer has canceled its KOS-MOS project--just as a mysterious android named T-elos that strikingly resembles KOS-MOS appears. It's expected that Episode III will reveal many of the mysteries surrounding the series, such as the Vector Corporation's true objective."

"I'll grab the stars if you want them..."

Argilla has 291 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Soulless_Beast
Tragic Idiot.

View Profile Email
furious_st
Soulless_Beast phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 12:59:47 PM »
Whoa 3? I thought the story was supposed to span 6 games. That blows. But I hope they decide to combine the more 'Xenogear-based' battle-system aspect they had in the first one. And I hope for new tags maybe some full-party ones too.

Pandas on the storm.... Pandas on the storm.... Into this house we roam. Then to the streets we run. When the peeps aren't having fun it's to us they first shall come. Pandas on the storm... YEAH!

Soulless_Beast has 101 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 06:01:45 AM »
Nicer pictures: http://rpgamer.com/games/xeno/xenosaga3/xenosaga3.html

Yea, it's pretty sad it'll end with this one. Hopefully it'll end well.^^ Just looking at the pictures tells you this game is going to be good~

Naomi
Lonely

View Profile Email
Angelic_Naomi@hotmail.com Arielg03
Naomi phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 07:43:46 PM »
I can't wait ! KOS-MOS and Shion look different yet again. Every episode they change the looks. First, Anime-like after that, kinda realistic now this. I like how they look now. Now let's hope the voices aren't bad like episode 2.(chaos, momo, etc.)

Yay I have DDS2 and the Soundtrack!

Naomi has 37 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
JaggedJim
Persona User

View Profile Email
JaggedJim phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 01:32:43 AM »
I dunno... Ep. 2 really cooled me off of the series. I may get it, but only after I see the reviews.

JaggedJim has 27 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 04:54:44 AM »
After seeing this trailer on the big screen at TGS...I'm so getting this game. <3 It looks awesome and I love some of the new outfits(Jr., MOMO, and chaos).

T-ELOS(is that her name?) reminds of of uh, chaos. Same skin and hair color.^^;

Naomi
Lonely

View Profile Email
Naomi phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 11:57:33 PM »
Yeah she does remind me of him. I can't wait to get it. Once it comes out in english.

Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: September 18, 2005, 01:45:14 PM »
Same here, I'm waiting to get this one in English as well. D: I think by the time it comes out, I'll be finished with the first and second one.^^; *is still playing the first*

Naomi
Lonely

View Profile Email
Naomi phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: September 20, 2005, 10:55:24 AM »
I still need to finish the first one.(damn Gigas and me not being at a high level to kill it) I have to finish the second one too( I'm going to kill Margulis for the uh...second time or last I think)

Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: September 20, 2005, 01:00:22 PM »
Haha, at least you're playing both.^^ I'm stuck fighting Tiamit or whatever it's name was. I die everytime! (Actually, when it kills Shion and Jr., I just sit there and let chaos die.) D:

Kikoken
Overlord Your Face Up

View Profile Email
Kikoken phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: September 25, 2005, 01:30:58 PM »
Well, it's three episodes, I guess. I'll have to live with that. I hope it'll answer the mysteries surrounding the first two. I have a feeling I won't be overly dissapointed.

Love is like war; easy to begin, and hard to end. That's why I dislike it so.

"I don't want to earn a living, I want to live."

Don't anthropomorphize computers - they hate it.

One thing you must remember- "You are NOT your post count."

Kikoken has 10 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Nuu
I like blood

View Profile Email
Nuu phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: October 11, 2005, 03:08:37 AM »
Is ep. III the last episode?
By the way... I know it doesn't follow the episode whatever outlined in perfect works, but is Xenosaga (all 3) ONE episode?  Or is each episode of xenosaga an episode as well?
Because before, I thought it made not a lot of sense that one episode (in xenosaga) covers such a tiny time frame, but the fifth episode had to cover everything that took place in xenogears.

Nuu has 54 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Sith Lord Illidan
Vicious Ranch Tooth

View Profile Email
hanumachine_R@yahoo.com
Sith Lord Illidan phones it in,
 « Reply #12 on: October 11, 2005, 08:56:39 AM »
Quote from: Nuu
Is ep. III the last episode?

I believe I read somewhere there might be up to 6 episodes, but I could be wrong.

Sith Lord Illidan has 18 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: October 13, 2005, 11:34:32 PM »
There's suppose to be six episodes but I think they narrowed it down to three. I heard if they still plan to continue the series, it'll definitely have chaos and KOS-MOS in it but I haven't heard about the others...D: Ah, theories people come up with!

Nuu
I like blood

View Profile Email
Nuu phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: October 20, 2005, 04:41:13 PM »
So ep. III will be the last one?  
Wow, they have a lot to wrap up.

Nuu has 54 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up
  Print