DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:18:22 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So any anime watcher ? (Read 81946 times)
Camanche
Same shit, different style.

View Profile Email
camanche@gmail.com
Camanche phones it in,
 « Reply #90 on: June 01, 2007, 05:28:25 PM »
Ack! Is the Eureka Seven series worth finishing? I think I'm bout halfway through but it's starting to feel really drawn out.

Camanche has 171 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
RE_horror

View Profile Email
RE_horror phones it in,
 « Reply #91 on: June 01, 2007, 07:15:35 PM »
......Hum, It's a good ending after all, I think you should finish it, Cammy.
I heard it was a great serie, but I won't watch it because it reminds me of Evangelion.
Yes, Evangelion with a good ending.

RE_horror has 32 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Oni-Kagura
You know, that one guy.

View Profile Email
Oni-Kagura phones it in,
 « Reply #92 on: June 15, 2007, 01:22:19 PM »
I recently started watching Le Chevalier D'eon, a very cool anime based (very loosely) on a real person. :)

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
 - Jules de Gaultier

Oni-Kagura has 35 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #93 on: July 15, 2007, 03:40:52 AM »
I watch a decent amount of anime. I'd have to say my favorite anime show and movie has to be Full Metal Alchemist and Princess Mononoke. Those two are just amazing to me. The shows I have seen, and liked are: FMA, Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, Escaflowne, DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, Wolf's Rain, Rurouni Kenshin/ Samurai X, Gundam Wing, Tri-Gun, S-Cry-Ed, many ghibli films, case closed, DB and some anime movies here and there. I probably did miss a few, but I'm pretty sure that's the bulk. Other than randomly watching one of these shows over when I feel like it, I barley watch anime. Sometimes I get into new ones, and have my eye on a couple when I have the cash to purchase them, after I've seen a couple of episodes and decide if it's worth it.

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
Sepherest

View Profile Email
Sepherest phones it in,
 « Reply #94 on: August 15, 2007, 02:11:36 PM »
Quote from: Camanche;2161
Are there any anime series that you still like and find original and inspiring?

I bought a boxed set for a series called Planetes and I thought it was absolutely amazing and original. It's about a guy named Hachimaki that works for a company that cleans up space debri. That may sound kind of silly/lame, but it focuses more on Hachi and everyone around him. The anime started off a bit rocky, but it has one of the best endings ever. And the theme song is awesome.

Besides that series, my favorite animes are Neon Genesis Evangelion, Now and Then Here and There, Magic Knight Rayearth, Sailor Moon, Noein, Akira, X/1999, Welcome to the N.H.K., and Genshiken (funniest series EVER). I'm also planning to buy a drama series called Nobody's Boy Remi that came out in the seventies.

Sepherest has 14 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #95 on: August 18, 2007, 11:27:24 AM »
Basically everything Miyazaki has ever done is excellent and I would say probably the  highest quality animation I've ever seen out of any studio, Japanese or otherwise.

I'm pretty international when it comes to my taste in animation though but these days most televised serial anime seems so terrible to me.  Last good ones I've seen though are  the Tekkon Kinkreet movie and some old Gegege no Kitarou cartoons.

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
Icy Ace
Archduke of Giant Robots

View Profile Email
bane_of_sanity@hotmail.com Cielo Dyaus
Icy Ace phones it in,
 « Reply #96 on: August 19, 2007, 02:56:44 PM »
Lesse... Currently watching Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann, Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou, Ookiku Furikabutte, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Baccano.

I'd definitely recommend Tokyo Majin to anyone here, it's got a really similar style to Shin Megami Tensei and it's pretty much the closest you could get to a Megaten anime currently. (despite being based on an entirely different game series)

« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 02:59:05 PM by Icy Ace »

"An army of squirrels is still an army" - Squirrel Mob, Magic the Gathering.

Icy Ace has 12 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
nightsavior phones it in,
 « Reply #97 on: August 20, 2007, 03:51:51 PM »
I've faded out a bit. I was first introduced to anime through Akira,Ninja scroll, Robotech,and the Guyver series. I  was big into it in those days of my youth because it was fresh and new to me. Then I moved on to Trigun,Full Metal alchemist,Samurai Champloo, Cow boy bebop, Wolf reighn, Bleach, Hell-sing and Inuyasha. I loved all those shows but as anime began flooding us with more and more stuff I became a bit disenchanted with it. Princess Mononoke, Ki Ki's delivery  service, and Grave of the fireflies restored my faith in the genre a bit but not enough  to be a hard core otaku.

Now I like creating my  own characters and stories that are somewhat "inspired" by anime but also my real life. I admire "fan artists" but I can only get into being an illustrator if I'm working with my own original material.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 03:55:17 PM by nightsavior »

nightsavior has 156 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
WarBaby2

View Profile Email
WarBaby2 phones it in,
 « Reply #98 on: August 20, 2007, 05:00:12 PM »
Yea yea, anime and manga, one of my many love/hate relationships.^^

Like RPGs I love anime series as long as they last and hate them as soon as they are over BECAUSE they are over. ;-)

Right now I watch Claymore, Heroic Age, Seire no Moribito and (as soon as I have it complete) D.Gray Man. For Megaten similarities I highly recomend Tokio Majin, especially with the second season coming up. Other great series are Blood+, Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto, Burst Angels, Witch Hunter Robin, Hellsing (of course) and Wolf's Rain.

I allso like everything based on Masamune Shirows works, like Ghost in the Shell and Appleseed, but that's a metter of personal taste.^^

WarBaby2 has 8 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #99 on: August 20, 2007, 09:55:41 PM »
Watching Gurren Lagann and Sayanara Zetsubou Sensei right now.

aerozero has 264 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
 « Reply #100 on: August 21, 2007, 02:35:52 PM »
I just wish  anime would encourage more people to be original. Instead it makes legions of fans that draw their favorite characters over and over. I know fan art has it's place but whenever I  do fan art (a rare occurrence) I feel guilty I'm riding on the coat tails of the actual creator to boost my own popularity.

Even lovers of anime art push  illustrators to do nothing but fan service. If I draw teen titan or FF7 hentai "Bam!" instant curiosity! If I do fan art of obscure less well known characters or completely original characters I get no views at all.

Anime "fan boyism" and "fan girlism" can sour my love of the genre at times.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 02:38:53 PM by nightsavior »

Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #101 on: September 02, 2007, 11:59:06 AM »
It's sad to see original characters are ignored in that way,but it can't be helped..

Only watching the anime on Adult Swim,but I did get into that one anime Shounen Onmyouji,and no it's not Yaoi either.

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
 « Reply #102 on: September 02, 2007, 03:18:10 PM »
I'm glad Bleach got ported over to Adult-swim . It was  a good series worthy of reaching a bigger audience. Of the "light hearted anime" I was infactuated with One Piece awhile but couldn't get into Zach Bell. I watched a few episodes of "DEARS" but it came off as Love hina only with  sci fi  elements. Aka one guy gets assaulted by 5 or so unique female characters that compete for his attention or simply beat the crap out of him while calling him a "pervert". I thought  the teacher enthuaistic about sex was funny though.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 03:54:16 PM by nightsavior »

Matsudai Hibiki
Echo and Narcissus

View Profile Email
AruKristaller@hotmail.com Setsuzoku
Matsudai Hibiki phones it in,
 « Reply #103 on: September 10, 2007, 01:19:09 PM »
I'm a big anime watcher, not really limited to Adult Swim, since I have Netflix. From Netflix, I've watched: Chobits, Final Fantasy Unlimited, Chrno Crusade, Azumanga Daioh, Escaflowne, Outlaw Star, Gundam Wing, Evangalion, Martian Successor Nadesco, Saiyuki(sucked), Nerima Daikon Brothers, .hack//Roots, .hack//Legend of Twilight, Neo Ranga(sucked), Aquarian Age, Pani Poni Dash, Get Backers, Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, Yu Yu Hakusho, and a few others I've forgotten.

Matsudai Hibiki has 17 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
Lycanthroat phones it in,
 « Reply #104 on: September 10, 2007, 09:40:13 PM »
I discovered anime about a year ago and got pretty into it - Elfen Lied, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Be-Bop, Outlaw Star and Tokyo Majin were all pretty cool. I liked Bleach for a while, but got sick of that Inoe (or whatever her name was....flimsy female character) and the fillers. I always hated Naruto (that must have a goddamned ARMY of cosplayers) and One Piece (animation was too slow). My boyfriend currently watches Gurren Lagann (he's obsessed with mecha >.<) and my other friends watch things like Ergo Proxy.

I kinda got bored with anime though. It's so expensive to buy (then again, who buys anime?) and I have a much bigger passion for RPGs. Plus, after just a year of watching anime, it's so easy to spot the constitutions it's made for itself. So many series are so similar and boring and the character stereotypes just get irritating after a while - the hero with an annoying whiny voice, the huge-boobied heroine, the unfunny sidekick, the strange Japanese humour....it just got to me in the end. The very slow animation and point-blank terrible animation (last episode of Tokyo Majin anyone?) in some cheaper animes are plain painful to watch sometimes.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 09:44:59 PM by Lycanthroat »

Lycanthroat has 128 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: