DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:37:26 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Read 28517 times)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « on: August 23, 2005, 03:43:22 AM »
You guys should have known a topic like this would be coming. The movie is scheduled to hit stores here on the 14th and the 13th for N.America(basically the *same* day). There's also a limited edition pack coming out as well as the soundtracks. Has anyone pre-ordered these yet? *hasn't*

Heck, is anyone actually going to see the movie? D: I plan on waiting a few months after it's release(but knowing my brother, he's going to get it the day of the release). It sure does look nice but I don't think I'm about to waste my money on it...especially when people will be throwing up downloads for this on the net.

"I'll grab the stars if you want them..."

Argilla has 291 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 03:47:19 AM »
Yeah, chances are it'll be upped to a torrent site a few hours after release -- in which I'll jump on board and try to download. Never liked FFVII, but it has Reno. Reno is awesome, and pretty much the only reason I want to see it. And Aerith.

I wonder if the Soundtrack will have any arranged songs from FFVII? I'd like to hear a revamped Life Stream.

If they release it on DVD (will they?), I might buy it. Though, it depends.

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Kakusha
Lilith

View Profile WWW Email
Kakusha phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 04:45:56 AM »
Skip on buying the regular edition and you can get a brand new game.
Skip on buying the special edition and you can get a brand new console!

I'd be willing to purchase an FFVII remake game for PS3 full price on launch day.
For this movie though, that's simply out of question.

Still planning on watching it eventually. :lurk:

« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 04:57:28 AM by Kakusha »

Kakusha has 11 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 05:18:37 AM »
Eh? Are you sure there's going to be a remake of the game? I heard that they only released a tech demo of the opening and that they weren't planning on remaking the game.

If so, I think rather than going back remaking a game that we have already played before(though the graphics will be better) and already know the whole story that they should just get right on task of making a newer FF game.

I see no point in a remake. x_x;

Kakusha
Lilith

View Profile WWW Email
Kakusha phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 06:15:20 AM »
What I'm saying is I'd buy it if they made it.  
Better than getting this movie that's a game or even console's price.

Sure, there's going to be more Final Fantasy games later on...
FF XII got delayed so often it's getting boring before even released.

Kakusha has 11 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 12:11:51 PM »
A remake is not going to happen. Remember years ago when they claimed they might remake several of the PSX FF games for PS2? That never happened, so yeah, I doubt they'd ever go about remaking FFVII, at least, not until it's a bit older.

FFXII looks boring in general -- probably because it's Final Fantasy. >_>

Radikal_Dreamer

View Profile Email
radikal_dreamer@hotmail.com
Radikal_Dreamer phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 05:50:38 PM »
I'll be buying Advent Children on release day, most likely.

About the FF7 remake: It was said to be only a tech demo, but there are a lot of rumors (some with a bit more credibility) that Square is indeed remaking FF7 for PS3. Personally, I don't really believe the rumors yet. I do think it'd be a rather good idea for square to do it, though. To me it doesn't make sense to make all these sequels and spinoffs to a game that old unless you're planning on bringing that game to the current gen.

Radikal_Dreamer has 14 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 05:53:51 PM »
Quote from: Radikal_Dreamer
About the FF7 remake: It was said to be only a tech demo, but there are a lot of rumors (some with a bit more credibility) that Square is indeed remaking FF7 for PS3. Personally, I don't really believe the rumors yet. I do think it'd be a rather good idea for square to do it, though. To me it doesn't make sense to make all these sequels and spinoffs to a game that old unless you're planning on bringing that game to the current gen.

I see no point in remaking a game that's not even 10 years old -- and chances are Square probably has that same mentality. Why waste time remaking a game when they're getting more-than-decent sales churning out spin offs? I doubt there'll be a remake -- as I mentioned previously, there was rumors of PS2 remakes of the PSX FF games, and that wound up never happening.

I'd like to see them get back to work on that Final Fantasy IIIj remake. Though, DS? Ew.

Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 08:17:18 AM »
1UP/RPGamer/RPGFan/etc. have all reported that the North American release will not be on the 13th and has been moved back. (I hear about November?)

Why does this scare me?
The internet being yet again full of rabid hardcore FFVII fans complaining about this. D:

Parasite
Shining Force ftw!

View Profile WWW Email
ParasiteMT@gmail.com COTMFreak parasitemt
Parasite phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 08:21:09 AM »
Quote from: Argilla
1UP/RPGamer/RPGFan/etc. have all reported that the North American release will not be on the 13th and has been moved back. (I hear about November?)

Why does this scare me?
The internet being yet again full of rabid hardcore FFVII fans complaining about this. D:

Heh, I wasn't surprised.  I thought the current release date would have been too soon.

I'm not a big fan of FFVII, as well as FF in general, but I might get this movie.  I still have horror stories from watching the previous movie, Spirits Within.

Parasite has 65 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 08:34:58 AM »
Quote from: Parasite
I still have horror stories from watching the previous movie, Spirits Within.

Geez, I was SO excited when that movie came out. T_T; Only to find out it sucked SO bad. ;o;

Radikal_Dreamer

View Profile Email
radikal_dreamer@hotmail.com
Radikal_Dreamer phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: August 26, 2005, 10:14:38 AM »
I don't get why everyone hates Spirits Within so darn much. I own the DVD, and I love the movie. It had friggin awesome to watch CG and a decent storyline.

I see no point in remaking a game that's not even 10 years old -- and chances are Square probably has that same mentality. Why waste time remaking a game when they're getting more-than-decent sales churning out spin offs? I doubt there'll be a remake -- as I mentioned previously, there was rumors of PS2 remakes of the PSX FF games, and that wound up never happening.

First off, because FFVII looks like ass. That game hasn't aged well AT ALL. Most SNES games aged better than FFVII. And also, do you really think it'd be a waste of money for them to remake FFVII? They'd make a TON doing it. I'm not saying they are or anything, I'm just saying it'd be a good idea for them to.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 10:17:12 AM by Radikal_Dreamer »

Radikal_Dreamer has 14 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #12 on: August 26, 2005, 10:24:00 AM »
Everyone has their opinion whether it's good or bad. I had high hopes for FF:TSW but after watching it...it didn't capture me like I thought it would. It's funny, my mom was talking about the movie yesterday, she likes it and wanted to buy it but I told her not to waste her money(unless it's hecka cheap now, then go ahead).

Sure, FFVII look like ass but it's the game we all know and love. I don't really see a point in making it. Same story, same characters, etc. *shrugs* Why go through playing the same exact thing when they can give us something else?

The13thChyld
The Androgyne

View Profile Email
The13thChyld
The13thChyld phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: August 27, 2005, 09:12:02 PM »
What really irked me about Spirits Within was the lame humor...I just can't stand humor where it doesn't belong!XD

Anyway , yeah , I agree with Argilla on the remake idea , graphics are never really that important , it is the content itself that matters...

Oh , and to be on topic: I am looking forward to Advent Children , although it will probably have been out for awhile before I actually get around to seeing it.^^;

« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 09:14:24 PM by The13thChyld »

Life is like an illusion, like a dream waiting to be awakened.

The13thChyld has 41 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: August 27, 2005, 09:22:54 PM »
Quote from: Argilla
Why does this scare me?
You'd probably do the same if something DDS related was delayed, huh? (liek omgz i went there!11) ^_~. It's not hard to avoid the complaining, though -- just don't hang out anywhere near FFVII fans. I avoid them like the plague.

(I really don't feel like quoting everything else, so...)

Regarding the Spirits Within: I didn't hate it -- I watched it like, 4 times when my father bought it on DVD. So, obviously I didn't hate it. I didn't like it -- but really, I don't like much of anything. I don't think I'd watch it again. But, hell -- it's got Steve Buscemi. That guy is awesome.

Now, regarding why Square shouldn't remake FFVII: Because FFVII sucked. Granted, it wasn't as bad as games like Final Fantasy X, or Final Fantasy X-2, and it certainly did have one of the best OSTs in the series, but it wasn't a good game. Kind of what pisses me off about the game was that Nomura did the designs rather than Amano -- Amano's designs were what really gave the games their fantasy aspect. Regardless, I couldn't care less if they remade it. I'd probably play it, but eh. I guess it WOULD be good to be able to play the game without getting a headache from the horrible graphics (yes, I agree - they sucked). A better translation would be nice, too. This guy are sick.

Why go through playing the same exact thing when they can give us something else?
Because everything else they've given us lately has sucked. I mean, really, really sucked. Sure, Square has given us some bad games in the past -- but none as bad as the likes of FFX and FFX-2.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: