DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:38:33 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona LiveAction Movie (trailer) (Read 20014 times)
Fenrir
Cherubim

View Profile Email
Fenrir phones it in,
 « on: November 21, 2006, 10:23:21 PM »
For my film class project, I'm undertaking the making of a Persona (the plot of Innocent Sin) movie trailer. Because the entire film would be...impossible to say the least. Shots are 75% completed, but I'm on time constraints becuase it is due next wekk in class.

So I'll be posting here with updates on how the film is going and asking for some adice from any of you talented minds out there.

Lemme adress the difficulties first:

1. I live in the USA, and thus everyone in this film is mostly American. However, I have some asian cast members (for Yuki's segments and such) already on board.

2. Special affects. Basically, I have an idea on how to do the two shots where someone summons a Persona (1 in the middle and one at the end). Still...that's pretty much it.

3. Time constraints. Location is no object, I'm done with that.

4. Acting. My friends barely pass, and I'm actually satisfied immensely with the people who had one line roles.

5. The Joker, I mean, his mask. I need to make one or find soemthing simular.

Now, onto the show!

The opening is like the beggining to IS. You have a poem (Here's where I'm taking suggestions!!!) and some somber music. Some city images, some artsy objects and camera shots. The kids standing around the swing looking sad/contemplative. pretty much the same as the opening FMV minus the action sequences and impossible stuff.

Next we have my artistic liberty, what I call the Rumor Montage Scene. It starts with a flash of the word "Rumors". (These scenes are already shot and I'm very happy with them) They are individual shots of people talking about rumors or "you ever heard of that story? Heard about it from a friend-of-a-friend?" sort of setnences in other languages, the purpose of which is to show that legends and rumors are sort of a universal, human thing. (The people are shot so that you can only see their lips or lower chin, no eyes). Then it moves on to people speaking in English about the Joker rumor, also one shots that blend. Example:

1 "You ever hear about-"
2 "that story where-"
3 "You dial your cell phone and-"
4 "HE comes to you."

^ Not actual dialogue but that's the gist. Then it moves on to a kid trying the Joker trick with unfortunate success. This scene has only a part of it shot where he drops the phone.

Moves on to Maya and Yuki and their scene.

Next is introduction to Lisa and Mitchell.

The next scene is Jun and Tatsuya having a heartful moment.

Then they confront Joker and find about the sin.

They learn about their Persona.

Finally, we have a climax with kickas dialogue and quick action shots culimating in the summoning of a Persona.

Shots that are done:

Shot Maya's computer scene, sans the Maya. Tomorrow I shoot the scenes with her (the teacher I have playing her seems into it) and Yuki (who is the only real Asian in this entire film and she's Philipino not Japanese).

All city-scape shots are done.

All artsy shots are done.

Religious allegory shots done.

All rumor montage shots done, including the multilingual shots.

Concerns/The Bad:

With all the weird shots of artwork I got at my art school (I'm there half the schoolday) the movie will definately be hip and cool, but perhaps a bit too post-mo even for Persona. It may end up being Persona on acid. Well, that may be exagerating it a bit.

Still don't have a decent poem for the intro, looking into that. The Joker mask is a definate issue as I don't have anything good.

I shudder to say it, but I'm playing Tatsuya. I have not the hair length but I have some decent costumery. Which brings us to...

Costuming Issues/The Ugly

The actress for Lisa (who fits the role spot on!) I'm not sure if she was informed of what to wear tommorow, and that's really the only day we can shoot. Also, she may not be able to stay afterschool meaning this will be REALLY tight. I have blue temp hair dye for Mitchell and black lipstick, but the actor I have for him....let's just say I won't even ask him to wear it. I need to find a Jun for a few shots. Maya looks physcially spot-on (played by a young English teacher) but she is without her heart shirt.

Help/What you can do (thou will be credited)

- Need a good poem expressing duality/personality/sense of self/sin ect.
- Need a good song to play over poem sequence. Somber piano or opera.
- Need tips on the final frame which will transpose a Persona figure in the shot. Though I've seen it done with other art transposals, I'm not sure how to do it in iMovie. I have an idea, but I need reassurance.
- Need dialogue ideas for Jun (most of this is based off of Oracle of Maya and I don't know much about his character/personality without spoiling myself for when I get to him.)

Conclusion: Schedule is tight, but those involved are saints with helping me. I think I can do this, but my main concern is satisfying the fans T - T

Fenrir has 25 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
DemonAtmaNizzo

View Profile Email
DemonAtmaNizzo phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 02:19:10 PM »
-The Innocent Sin opening poem is by Heinrich Heine, so you may want to search for him and see if any of his other stuff would be fitting.

-I'd suggest just yoinking Velvet Room. As long as you don't make money from this I see no reason why not to, and it's a great song.

-All I know is it probably has something to do with transparency.

-In Innocent Sin, Jun is effeminate, yet he has a deep voice and is angered easily and tends to take things very badly. He seems to be a bit stereotypically emo as well minus the cutting. Deep down he is extremely kind and has great wishes and dreams.

DemonAtmaNizzo has 72 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Fenrir
Cherubim

View Profile Email
Fenrir phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 01:32:14 PM »
^ Thanks. As for updates:

I filmed all scenes with Mitchel yesterday. The actor for him was decent, and I was sort of desperate anyway. He even put on blue hair spray, so it will look semi-authentic enough.

I filmed the scenes with Maya and Yuki. The person who I had play for Maya was spot-on character. Yuki wasn't so bad either. I'm definately excited.

Paradox
Traveler on the Edge

View Profile Email
Ignis Fatuus 6D
Paradox phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 04:17:34 PM »
http://www.potw.org/archive/potw8.html   If you're still looking for a poem, you might want to consider this one.

in reference to music, I'd just steal the opening to IS itself, just cut out the fast bit at the end. I can't really help you with the rest, as my knowledge of the game is also based off Oracle of Maya and I know very little about video editing.

Good luck, by the way.

Paradox has 21 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Fenrir
Cherubim

View Profile Email
Fenrir phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 05:52:08 PM »
^ OMG I love you! You're so getting into the credits!

Well, all I need to do is film the rest of Lisa's shots, Tatsuya's shots, Joker and Jun and I'm all set!

NightPhaser

View Profile WWW Email
NightPhaser phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 09:38:34 AM »
>> How's this project going? I'd love to see it. ^_^

You sense a silly presence
beyond this signature.
Enter?
< Yes >
No
>>
[/FONT]

NightPhaser has 15 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Eriko

View Profile WWW Email
Tenel Ka XD
Eriko phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 02:09:53 AM »
I agree -- this sounds like it will be really cool!

Eriko has 7 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Fenrir
Cherubim

View Profile Email
Fenrir phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 09:22:40 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9OvPtm8qZs

^ The fruits of my labor! Enjoy!!!!

minotaurus
Persona User

View Profile Email
minotaurus phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 03:47:11 PM »
Man three words JUST TOO GREAT!!! I wonder if you make more!!!! I need them! Haha, just that michael's hair is very different, a little more work on maya's clothes and on joker, everyting else great!

minotaurus has 43 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Persona0

View Profile Email
Persona0 phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 01:28:51 PM »
lmao as a persona fan i like it but you were all over the place with the soundtrack... i mean you could pick music from IS or ET but persona 3 and digital devil saga... all in all it was okay... i wish there was a velvet room though

Persona0 has 7 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
minotaurus
Persona User

View Profile Email
minotaurus phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007, 09:47:11 AM »
I attempted to do one myself but my friends are just.... fool, they dont like persona , i think mainly beacuse they do not know anything of english and dont understand persona. Too bad for them =(

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007, 04:42:56 PM »
Quote from: minotaurus;2569
I attempted to do one myself but my friends are just.... fool, they dont like persona , i think mainly beacuse they do not know anything of english and dont understand persona. Too bad for them =(

I guess that's the worst part, beeing the only one in the school to even known about Shin Megami Tensei tittles, I have the same problem, many of my "friends" dont know anything about Persona if it were for me. I guess that I am the only fan of Megaten tittles in a good part of the school and country!!

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
minotaurus
Persona User

View Profile Email
minotaurus phones it in,
 « Reply #12 on: April 08, 2007, 04:27:30 PM »
You know, Yeah! Thats totally true! I gave them my persona 2 is game and the only answer i got was : Uhhhh i dont understant. I had to explain them everything!!

EvilHero

View Profile Email
EvilHero phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 12:41:09 PM »
I'm no expert on filming, but I could tell it was fairly amateur, a little action wouldn't have hurt either. Of course, this is just me speaking as a critic.

Regardless, I could tell you poured alot of time and heart into this project.  Very nice job, I haven't seen anything like this before, very original.  I'd really be looking forward to a second one once your skills have sharpened up a bit.  Perhaps an Eternal Punishment trailer?

The more you sweat, the less you bleed l- SAL Boxing

EvilHero has 10 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
minotaurus
Persona User

View Profile Email
minotaurus phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 06:55:53 PM »
Of course without competition on live action, its great for being unique! I would love another too

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: