DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:22:49 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help beating Demi-Fiend (Read 9889 times)
Danny

View Profile Email
Danny phones it in,
 « on: January 09, 2008, 09:46:44 AM »
Ok guys, I'm using the Red Star strategy to beat him, I can get to the point when Pixie runs out of mp to cast Megidolaon, then I start casting Debilitate to keep her busy wasting the rest of her mp with dekunda, the thing is Demi-Fiend almost always gets a critical even with Null Critical, allowing Pixie to get another press turn and using that damn Recarmdra:mad:
My question is how do you guys get this strategy to work, because Pixie always ruins it for me with Recarmdra after she can't cast Megidolaon...
Any help appreciated!

Danny has 6 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
IronHelix

View Profile Email
IronHelix phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 10:46:41 PM »
The Red Star Strategy is pretty simple in that it uses the fact that the Recarmdra counter does not increase when the Pixie is using Dekunda or Dekaja skill.
On every round that you are fighting the Pixie and Arahabaki, have one characters cast a –nda skill, another cast a –kaja skill, and the last one to heal or pass. That will force Pixie to cast Dekunda and Arahabaki to cast Dekaja on every turn. Now the Demi-Fiend will still continue to assault you and get his lucky criticals for which the Pixie or Arahabaki will get another turn.
If Arahabaki casts Debilitate, make sure to cast Dekunda right away. Keep this up until the Pixie will not be able to cast Dekunda since she will not have the MP for it. At that point get the character which has been casting –nda skill to cast Debilitate and repeat this for four turns.
Make sure that for the rest of the fight one character will use a turn to cast the –kaja skill in order to keep Arahabaki casting Dekaja. If you forget then Arahabaki will cast Dekunda and spoil your fun.
Once you have cast four Debilitates, start the assaul on the Demi-Fiend. Have one character use Last Word on the Demi-Fiend, another heal or use Last Word on the Demi-Fiend and the last one to cast the –kaja skill.
I strongly suggest that the –nda and –kaja skills your party use to keep the Pixie and Arahabaki busy are Sukunda and Sukukaja. Good luck

IronHelix has 2 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 04:59:32 AM »
Just make sure you cast any kaja skill on your party (suku is best really) every round, that way they'll cast dekaja on you instead of dekunda on themselves.  Once you cast randomizer (debilitate) four times Hitoshura will most likely be missing or doing next to nothing damage wise and if you keep on with the sukukaja and randomizers pixie and arahabaki/whichever will waste their turns trying to dekunda (who can't with no MP) and dekaja respectively, leaving you open to waste hitoshura at your leisure.

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: