DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:54:17 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any chance of SMT: I or II coming stateside? (Read 11293 times)
Gouto-Douji
Assassin

View Profile Email
Gouto-Douji phones it in,
 « on: October 18, 2006, 12:06:42 PM »
It would make a great portable, i realize warring against god isn't exactly Nintendo America friendly, but it would make a great PSP game at least.

Those who believe in God are foolish. Those who do not are reckless.

Gouto-Douji has 18 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Fenrir
Cherubim

View Profile Email
Fenrir phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 05:34:48 PM »
LOL Don't get me started on the idea for a Nintendo DS game and the name madness that would ensue:

Digital Devil Saga DS

DDSDS

Or better yet, Devil Summoner

DSDS

Fenrir has 25 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 07:29:59 PM »
Nintendo is probably the least likely company to interfere with stuff like that at this point. Nintendo makes some of its own decisions for its products, but as far as third parties go they can do whatever the heck they please. For example, Killer 7 has some moans in the "famous" sex scene for the GameCube that were entirely removed for the PS2 version. I've read other things from developers that go along with that as well. I don't even think this is an issue anymore.

Beyond that, the main question whether or not Atlus even wants to bother. Atlus of Japan hasn't shown any real interest in porting the games to the PSP, which is probably even more true now that the DS is trouncing the thing in Japan. Atlus USA doesn't develop, so there's nothing to rely on there.

My only thought was that perhaps a translation could appear on Nintendo's Wii Virtual Console service. I don't know if Atlus USA will bother (I asked on the forums and didn't really get an answer to that specific question), but it's really the only legitimate hope as of right now.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Gouto-Douji
Assassin

View Profile Email
 « Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 02:25:17 PM »
I didn't think there was any chance either. i'm just such a huge fane of the MegeTen games that i would love to see it translated.

Kakizaki
Hikaru's wingman

View Profile Email
Kakizaki phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 06:05:13 PM »
There isn't a chance -- We have been pushing for this for years on the Atlus MBs.

Kakizaki has 312 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
Gouto-Douji
Assassin

View Profile Email
 « Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 12:57:51 PM »
Its really too bad:implode:

Kakizaki
Hikaru's wingman

View Profile Email
Kakizaki phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 06:22:28 PM »
I agree. Especially since Atlus is still releasing GBA titles in the U.S. Titles that are a few years old in Japan.

Kakizaki has 312 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
Gouto-Douji
Assassin

View Profile Email
 « Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 11:58:14 AM »
If they can bring Super Robot Taisen and Summon night to the GBA, they should bring SMT I or II. i guess they don't think it will sell well or something. oh well, its a pipe dream anyways.

granitor

View Profile Email
granitor phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 05:00:38 PM »
It would probally be easier to homebrew a remake, or something, than to get Atlus to do a remake. (not that a remake would be easy at all). The reason is that the two core designers have left Atlus, as far as I know, and so there's no-one passionate about the games there anymore. Also, anyone from the origional team is probally also looking to work on something new.

As was mentioned earlier, Atlus US doesn't do any development, so it's unlikely that there's much initial consideration beign given by Atlus (Japan) as to bringing the platform to the (from their perspective) 5 or so people in the non-Japanese speaking world who also like MegaTen.

With strong enough artwork, though, something based on it would probally be big stateside (didn't the Matrix games do well, despite not being all that good)... but who would bankroll it?

granitor has 4 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Fenrir
Cherubim

View Profile Email
Fenrir phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 04:20:32 PM »
I don't see them having motive to translate the Wii version due to profit. I'm not sure why they wouldn't do the Gameboy Version, though it could be becuase the graphics may not be as appealing anymore to the mainstream. I doubt it's the religion thing at this point.

Fenrir has 25 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: