DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:06:14 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IS english patch! (Read 161003 times)
Aleph
Ahsiaor...

MaleView Profile
I dreamt music...
Aleph phones it in,
 « Reply #165 on: October 16, 2008, 04:08:20 AM »
I'm going to try it out today after work. It seems they fixed the patch and the game works well. Gemini said something was missing in the game. Some Black Joker thing and some fusion button configuration? Who/what is the Black Joker?

Aleph has 35 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Gemini

View Profile WWW Email
Gemini phones it in,
 « Reply #166 on: October 16, 2008, 04:46:53 AM »
I hope you guys like it, beucase I didn't really like the last-minute bugs people had yesterday about the save/load menu. sweatdrop Hopefully it should be now. Enjoy.

Gemini has 38 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #167 on: October 16, 2008, 12:04:11 PM »
Heh yeah,I ran into that yesterday. Why I'm sticking to the emulator save slots...but overall,it's been running pretty smoothly.

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #168 on: October 16, 2008, 07:16:19 PM »
The english patch has a new version.

http://tsumi.wordpress.com/2008/10/15/already-an-update-damn/

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Aleph
Ahsiaor...

MaleView Profile
I dreamt music...
Aleph phones it in,
 « Reply #169 on: October 17, 2008, 12:59:24 AM »
This new second patch messed up my memory card. I’m playing the game on my modded PS1 PAL console. I started the game and everything was perfect. I played the game and saved it. I just wanted to take a look and play it after I finish the other RPG I’m currently playing. I checked my memory card because I wanted to delete my savestat and there was no Persona 2 I.S. savestat. But I had 3 Castlevania: SOTN save blocks (and I know that I normally have only one). What’s even more weird, the three Castlevania save blocks count as one when you want to delete them. It looks like Innocent Sin took over my Castlevania block and created additional two same looking save blocks. You can guess, I lost my Castlevania stat. However, that’s not important. It gets much worse. I deleted the Castlevania/Persona blocks and started the game again. I choose CONTINUE and my Persona savestat was still present, even it was deleted minutes before. I checked my memory card again and… three Thrill Kill save block (and it’s possible to have only one). Luckily, I have three memory cards. I copyed all my undamaged save blocks to the other memory card and deleted my Thrill Kill/Persona save blocks. It looked (only looked)that my memory card was empty now.I went experimenting. I started the game, clicked CONTINUE and the savestat was still there. I saved my game on all five blocks. Now I looked at my memory card. It was empty/full. You couldn’t see any save blocks but they were there. Which made it impossible to delete them, because they were invisible. I found that out by inserting some game and tried to save it. I got the message “Your memory card is full”.
This is not so bad in my case, because I have three memory cards. But I believe there are people with only one memory card. I hope this only happened to me.
Gemini fix this, please.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 01:02:22 AM by Aleph »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #170 on: October 17, 2008, 01:31:38 AM »
That's really lame. You'd think the firmware would prevent games from fucking up other games stuff doh

The PS1 was a pretty lean machine though. But I thought the cards had discreet memory units?? confused

Btw, I got a PM from a lurker (newest member) who wanted to help write a news story for the front page about this patch and stuff. Hopefully they'll really jump on board and not just disappear faster than they showed up smug

At any rate, if you wanna make sure anything specific get's into a potential news item Gemini, please let us know.

I can't say it enough... If people don't step up to the plate this site is going nowhere.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 01:34:18 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Aleph
Ahsiaor...

MaleView Profile
I dreamt music...
Aleph phones it in,
 « Reply #171 on: October 17, 2008, 01:48:19 AM »
It's really bad it happened because the rest of the game looks fantastic. Now I got two options. I can use that memory card for Innocent Sin only or I can burn the unpatched ISO, start the game and try to load it hoping it's compatible with the save stats. Than I could overwrite the stats with the unpatched version of the game. The save blocks could maybe appear on the memory card. There is one good thing in all of this. You can't lose your savestats even if you wanted to.  biggrin
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 02:45:25 AM by Aleph »

DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #172 on: October 17, 2008, 01:56:52 AM »
Getting burned games to work for the PSX is a nightmare.  For some reason they just have a high fuck-up ratio, especially with Atlus for some reason.  frown

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #173 on: October 17, 2008, 01:58:12 AM »
I dunno, but were it my save game, I would've copied it on to spare card before risking anything. I would always keep games I'm not playing on a separate card. And I usually kept games I was playing on two different cards. But I'm just paranoid about electronics.

I'm pretty miffed I didn't learn my new PS3 has no card readers until I got it. That is pretty fucked if you ask me, considering there is no plain solution offered by Sony for handling card saves on PCs.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 02:14:14 AM by yksehtniycul »

Aleph
Ahsiaor...

MaleView Profile
I dreamt music...
Aleph phones it in,
 « Reply #174 on: October 17, 2008, 02:11:14 AM »
I know, I should have thought about that. But it's no big deal anyway. At least my Vagrant Story save stat is still fine. That's the most important thing.

Cho

View Profile Email
Cho phones it in,
 « Reply #175 on: October 18, 2008, 02:15:12 PM »
I'm going to try it out today after work. It seems they fixed the patch and the game works well. Gemini said something was missing in the game. Some Black Joker thing and some fusion button configuration? Who/what is the Black Joker?

There's artwork and a sprite for a form of the Joker that never appears in the game. In Eternal Punishment, you can select which fusion spells you want to perform from a list and it will automatically set it up (place characters in the correct order, etc). In Innocent Sin, you have to set them up manually.

Cho has 59 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #176 on: October 19, 2008, 08:54:04 PM »
The patch is really great, Gemini did an awesome job. On another note, I've clocked in about 5 hours playing IS on my PSP without a single glitch. I hope this keeps up with the rest of the game.

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
Aleph
Ahsiaor...

MaleView Profile
I dreamt music...
Aleph phones it in,
 « Reply #177 on: October 20, 2008, 12:26:41 AM »

There's artwork and a sprite for a form of the Joker that never appears in the game. In Eternal Punishment, you can select which fusion spells you want to perform from a list and it will automatically set it up (place characters in the correct order, etc). In Innocent Sin, you have to set them up manually.

Thank you Cho. So they are bonus things only.

Good news people. Gemini gave me a new, fixed patch. Everything works great now. It even fixed my memory card. Strange thing, it seems it happened only to me.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #178 on: October 20, 2008, 04:16:35 AM »
That's good to hear smokin

DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #179 on: October 20, 2008, 04:33:54 AM »
Now if I only I could get Sebec story to work on a burned copy of Persona 1...  crying

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: