DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:30:09 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haven't been around for a while due to Xenosaga... (Read 7067 times)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
Lycanthroat phones it in,
 « on: August 27, 2006, 03:11:27 PM »
Sorry I haven't been around for a while, but I recently bought Xenosaga (I wasn't meant to get Persona 1, but to get Persona 1 would cost £50 and for that price, I could get BOTH Xenosagas on NTSC format. Sorry Atlus.) and have been wasting my life on them.

What do you guys think? I thought Xenosaga 1 was a great game - definately in my top ten with Lucifer's Call and DDS. However, I thought Xenosaga 2 was a lazy effort and I'm glad Namco took note. I hear they've decided to change Xenosaga 3 slightly in co-ordinance with the fans' and director's wishes. I'm looking forward to it.

I eager to find out the rest of the story, but I get the impression that with the original creators of the first game leaving, things may go south. I guess I'll have to wait (and hopefully Xenosaga 3 will be immense).

Lycanthroat has 128 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
DemonAtmaNizzo

View Profile Email
DemonAtmaNizzo phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 11:45:32 PM »
I know what you mean. Xenosaga may start out slow but its story quickly becomes addictive. Xenosaga and Megaten are actually pretty similar in their superb storylines and major religious emphasis, which is why both addict me so.

And I'm pretty excited about Xenosaga 3, due in part to the rumors it'll connect with the "prequel" Xenogears, which originated from a screenshot of a character who distinctly resembles Citan from XG.

DemonAtmaNizzo has 72 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
Lycanthroat phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 05:56:57 AM »
Having never played Xenogears due to Japanese game developers hatred of Europe (Yes, I'm bitter), I'm interested to see where this goes. I'm trying to get a hold of Xenogears - pretty cheap on eBay - but there was that weird bit in Xenosaga 1 near the end, where some guy who looked like Fong (that's the lead characters name in Xenogears, isn't it? Or something like?) in child form who is playing with what seem to be bricks, who looks up after Sophie Pietos is defeated. But didn't Xenogears have the tentative "Episode 5" in the credits? There's only 3 Xeno games on PS2, unless they're gonna make more.

Lycanthroat has 128 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
DemonAtmaNizzo

View Profile Email
DemonAtmaNizzo phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 10:26:02 AM »
They WERE planning on making more, but due to the original team leaving for some reason, they had to wrap it up at 3.

DemonAtmaNizzo has 72 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: