DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:52:42 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei: Tokyo Revelation (Read 28978 times)
RiflesAtRecess
Mr. Body Massage Machine

View Profile WWW Email
RiflesAtRecessNC@hotmail.com RiflesAtRecessNC RiflesAtRecessNC
RiflesAtRecess phones it in,
 « on: August 22, 2005, 10:16:13 AM »
Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, I didn't see a space for the SMT anime.
EDIT: :p thanks for the move! /EDIT

I got this 45-minute long video from a friend of mine around March or April of this year. I'm told it's actually a two-part special, but I got some kind of condensed version.

I really liked this movie (I'm calling it that because that's kind of what it is). It's one of the better anime-related things I've seen in a while. I'm not too big of an SMT person, since most of the good stuff is hard to find and/or expensive, but I didn't notice that many references to things in the video games.

It's kind of hard to explain without you having seen it already, but I'll try my best. The main character's name is Kojiro, he has several friends at school, and what could amount to two love intrests: a blonde named Saki, and a pink-haired girl named Kyoko.

The villian you'll identify most with is a gray-haired demon summoner named Kobayashi. There's plenty of mosters and demons that Kojiro and the other characters (the other main characters who fight the demons are known as Spirtual Ninjas, you'll meet three of them).

Eventually, you'll learn that Saki is a reincarnation of some higher being, and the demons basically want to sacrifice her to ressurect their President from the dead.

Very interesting and very good. There's lots of nudity in it, though, so kids probably shouldn't watch it. But you should!:dance:

« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 08:34:39 PM by RiflesAtRecess »

RiflesAtRecess has 20 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Parasite
Shining Force ftw!

View Profile WWW Email
ParasiteMT@gmail.com COTMFreak parasitemt
Parasite phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 12:44:22 AM »
Quote from: RiflesAtRecess
Very interesting and very good. There's lots of nudity in it, though, so kids probably shouldn't watch it. But you should!:dance:

Did anyone else crack up when they read this last sentence?

Anyways, it sounds very interesting.  Never heard of it, but by the sounds of it I'd like it very much. :D

Parasite has 65 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 12:49:49 AM »
I had originally wrote up a reply detailing why I didn't like it, but I never wound up posting it and closed the browser, so... I'll just say: It sucks. I'm not a fan of Anime -- I watch it very sparingly, but, I found the movie to be very lacking, and was made only for an excuse to have that orgy scene.

For anyone who would have to make a choice between watching this, or the old Megami Tensei anime movie, I'd say go with the Megami Tensei anime movie. It was far more interesting, though, that doesn't really mean it was very good. I find it highly disappointing that such cool games can spawn such horrid movies -- but they're games meant to be experienced, not watched, I guess.

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
RiflesAtRecess
Mr. Body Massage Machine

View Profile WWW Email
 « Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 11:44:34 AM »
Yes, I did find the nudity and the orgy scene very forced. I avoided going into that because I thought the rest of the movie was rather good. I have seen much worse in anime, this is one of the more recent highlights in my anime-watching hobby. It's no Cowboy Bebop, but it's not Dragon Ball Z either.

Soulless_Beast
Tragic Idiot.

View Profile Email
furious_st
Soulless_Beast phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 04:48:08 PM »
Where can I find a copy of this? Not for perversion purposes mind you. But for the idea of seeing something new.

Pandas on the storm.... Pandas on the storm.... Into this house we roam. Then to the streets we run. When the peeps aren't having fun it's to us they first shall come. Pandas on the storm... YEAH!

Soulless_Beast has 101 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 04:53:50 PM »
Quote from: Soulless_Beast
Where can I find a copy of this? Not for perversion purposes mind you. But for the idea of seeing something new.

rightstuf.com, animenation.com, etc. This is what Google is for.

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Shadowsithe

View Profile Email
Shadowsithe phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 06:28:00 PM »
You can just pick it up at your local HMV or whatever. Any music store with an anime section usually has it. After all, Manga Entertainment did it... oh the irony.

Shadowsithe has 6 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
JackFrost

View Profile Email
himi.tomoki@hotmail.com
JackFrost phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 06:53:02 PM »
Sry... but I dind't understand (If you've read my post... may be you noticed I'm not English speaker... I'm from Argentina and there we speak Spanish... so... pls.. forgive me... I'm learning)... you were speaking of an Anime... or a Film... or what? It looks interesting.

Watashi wa... kare wo zettai wasurimasen

JackFrost has 12 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Early Archer
Crystalline water

View Profile Email
Early Archer phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: February 11, 2006, 01:51:05 PM »
Quote from: JackFrost
Sry... but I dind't understand (If you've read my post... may be you noticed I'm not English speaker... I'm from Argentina and there we speak Spanish... so... pls.. forgive me... I'm learning)... you were speaking of an Anime... or a Film... or what? It looks interesting.

Nice, someone from South America besides me smug!
Btw: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=6
Anyway, it´s an anime.

May fortune be with you.

Early Archer has 93 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
JackFrost

View Profile Email
himi.tomoki@hotmail.com
JackFrost phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: February 12, 2006, 05:43:18 PM »
Well, thanks for the notice and I'm very grateful you are from SA... but... where are you from, because I couldn't find you welcome post... XD

Watashi wa... kare wo zettai wasurimasen

JackFrost has 12 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
RiflesAtRecess
Mr. Body Massage Machine

View Profile WWW Email
 « Reply #10 on: February 12, 2006, 05:52:51 PM »
Ok, so I'm lurking about again! I typed up a decent review for Tony to put up on the site when he gets the chance. If there's any questions you have, aside from specific plot details, they should be answered by my review.

And yes, this is an anime, but it's 55 minutes long, so it's two normal episode lengths.

Ultimatecailbur

View Profile Email
Ultimatecailbur phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: February 12, 2006, 07:34:03 PM »
The Anime felt like they were planning a full series, not just an OVA, and they didn't get the financing they wanted. The characters were introduced so fast and and were not given enough time to developed their personalities.

Ultimatecailbur has 5 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
RiflesAtRecess
Mr. Body Massage Machine

View Profile WWW Email
 « Reply #12 on: February 12, 2006, 08:07:16 PM »
I kind of see what you mean, there. It feels too drawn out to be an episode and too short to be anything similar to a movie. This treats itself like a movie and the events that they fit in happened really fast. I thought they did a good job with introducing the characters. By the end of the feature you have a decent understanding of the characters, their experiences, and for some, a bit of their past as well.

If any of the characters needed more time, it was maybe the team of ninjas. Really, aside from one scene, they could have been done without and it wouldn't have affected the story. I would've liked a bigger explanation on who they were, etc.

It's just a little sad that it seems like I'm the only one that likes it. :-/

Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 07:26:09 PM »
Quote from: RiflesAtRecess
It's just a little sad that it seems like I'm the only one that likes it. :-/

Hilariously, I found that out the other night when I was reading up on the title. So much about it seems to damn negative... but I notice you remain largely positive about it. I mean, it doesn't sound mindblowing in any way; but as a way to waste an hour? Why not.

I'll check this out eventually, I'm sure. I don't know how it could be worse than Digital Devil was.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Cho

View Profile Email
Cho phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: February 15, 2006, 08:26:49 PM »
Quote from: Ultimatecailbur
The Anime felt like they were planning a full series, not just an OVA, and they didn't get the financing they wanted. The characters were introduced so fast and and were not given enough time to developed their personalities.

Apparently, it was loosely based on the SMT manga, which is why so much of it is "HAYKTHINGSHAPPENBUTFORNOAPPARENTREASON"

I'll check this out eventually, I'm sure. I don't know how it could be worse than Digital Devil was.

: Of course, it couldn't possibly get any worse.

Cho has 59 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: