DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:11:46 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SMT: Imagine (Read 230949 times)
Drakanwolf

View Profile Email
Drakanwolf phones it in,
 « Reply #315 on: September 17, 2007, 07:40:26 AM »
Okay... I seem to be having the "no matter what I do I can't get the character creator to like my name" problem.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running Vista on a machine that more than meets the requirements.  I've tried capital letters, lowercase letters, capital letters mixed with lowercase letters, hriagana, katakana, & kanji.  I've tried adding the Japanese keyboard and typing things that way.  No matter what I do, though, the "Finish" button never lights up.

I've seen other people mention this issue, but they usually just say that they managed to bypass it without saying what they actually did.

Also, while it's not as important as the name thing, does anyone know the way to make the game display actual Japanese characters (as opposed to gibberish) in Vista?  I tried Applocale, but it didn't seem to want to install under Vista.

Thanks in advance for your help with both of these issues.

-DW
---
When there's trouble, you call DW!

Drakanwolf has 2 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #316 on: September 17, 2007, 09:00:43 AM »
I was having the same problem that you have, but I manage to solve the problem by just installing the Applocale, why don´t you try installing IMAGINE on other computer that does not have Windows Vista, and also install the Applocale, if you manage to enter your name, then the problem will be with the OP Vista. I´ll give you a good advice, try to type the name on a document of word (better if is in Kanji, Hiragana or Katakana) copy it and then when you need to enter your name in the game just press on the text box, CTR + v, and it will paste your name, (it works for me).

Good luck.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Drakanwolf

View Profile Email
Drakanwolf phones it in,
 « Reply #317 on: September 17, 2007, 02:00:36 PM »
Okay... thanks for the assistance in confirming my suspicions that the problem did stem from Applocale not properly installing.  

Now... for anyone else having this problem... the solution can be found here:
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/05/26/workaround-to-install-microsoft-applocale-utility-in-windows-vista/

Enjoy!

-DW

Drakanwolf has 2 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Ali
The Protagonist

View Profile Email
Ali phones it in,
 « Reply #318 on: September 27, 2007, 12:59:55 AM »
editted.........
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 02:13:35 AM by Ali »

Ali has 15 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #319 on: October 02, 2007, 05:42:45 PM »
How can I advance my support magic skill level?

I was peeved that it looked like I'd have to cast the 10min teleportation spell to do it. But I did cast it and it didn't raise my skill level. Its the only starting spell to work with. You get another at rank1.

Does it give points under some circumstances? Like if I go further from the home point, or can I use it with other party members?

editted: Also, can someone briefly explain how the devil memory items work? Is it a mechanism for trading demons? And how can I move them into my computer?

« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 06:30:16 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
DemonAtmaNizzo

View Profile Email
DemonAtmaNizzo phones it in,
 « Reply #320 on: October 03, 2007, 04:57:54 PM »
To raise support magic, you have to activate the carrot under the skill, then have a demon with support skills. The demon will essentially teach you the skill as you grind.

I haven't confirmed this so I may be wrong, but I learned Dia from having a Kodama for a long time who had it.

DemonAtmaNizzo has 72 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Ali
The Protagonist

View Profile Email
Ali phones it in,
 « Reply #321 on: October 03, 2007, 07:41:50 PM »
buy the stones from the magic store at 3rd. support stones raise support expert skill points. healing items raise healing skill points etc.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 02:14:07 AM by Ali »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #322 on: October 03, 2007, 09:17:40 PM »
Thanks! I needed that. Can anyone confirm and or elaborate on aquiring skillpoints from other characters. Be they nakamas or partners? Or even opponents?

editted: Can I ask what are "devil memories", and how are they used exactly. I believe I know the items. I am asking btw!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 09:20:29 PM by yksehtniycul »

Ali
The Protagonist

View Profile Email
Ali phones it in,
 « Reply #323 on: October 03, 2007, 11:47:16 PM »
Quote from: yksehtniycul;5309
Thanks! I needed that. Can anyone confirm and or elaborate on aquiring skillpoints from other characters. Be they nakamas or partners? Or even opponents?

editted: Can I ask what are "devil memories", and how are they used exactly. I believe I know the items. I am asking btw!

skillpoints from other characters? i dont understand, are you referring to the 10k expert skill points your given? the only way to get more points is through grinding...you are giving an additional 1000 expert points for every 10 levels you gain.

memories are used as entries for the devil book which can be accessed in the fusion building. after you have obtained a devils specific memory and have fused that devil, you can save it into the devil book. only the devils stats can be viewed, unfortuanatly you cannot purchase old devils back. you are usually rewarded for the number of entries you have completed. can't really go into detail of it, as I personally i have no interest in doing it. if i come across detailed information about it, i'll post it up.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #324 on: October 04, 2007, 01:45:13 PM »
So you have to fuse the demon, then trap it in the memory at the Jakyou via a special fuse time option then? Is that the pixie quest outside 3rd home? To fuse a Jackfrost and store it in the memory she gives you then bring it back I presume?

So is there really no way for players to trade demons so far? That is uncool. I assumed the memory system was a way to keep players from trading level demons while abstracting the demons as items.

I'm having an impossible time recruting a Leader Pixie btw. Any hints anyone? Does intelligence effect recruiting? Does the rank level effect recruiting? Or does upping your rank just earn new skills?

I didn't have much trouble recruiting or tapping pixies? That is making them give you stuff!

« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 01:48:07 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #325 on: October 04, 2007, 10:54:31 PM »
Anyone care to share why I can't gain a single Dodge skillpoint? Does my speed have to be super high to land a dogde or what? I'm already favoring speed extremely. Btw, does a hit ever wiff in this game. You know, caused by speed/accuracy deficits, traditionally called a miss?

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #326 on: October 08, 2007, 11:49:57 AM »
Anyone know where to find a hotkey reference? I can't find anything in the wiki. Could've overlooked it though.

Ali
The Protagonist

View Profile Email
Ali phones it in,
 « Reply #327 on: October 10, 2007, 05:33:58 PM »
editted.........
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 02:13:05 AM by Ali »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #328 on: October 11, 2007, 03:08:27 PM »
■Improvement to Usability (Key Configuration)

Awesome!!!

« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 05:47:45 PM by yksehtniycul »

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #329 on: October 14, 2007, 02:40:16 AM »
Anyone knows about the sidequests? How can I complete them, and all of that.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: