DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:34:26 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEWS: UPDATE: The website has completed its move… (Read 35779 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « on: December 04, 2009, 10:30:34 AM »
The site has moved again... probably to it's final resting place, at least for the next 5yrs.

The site is now hosted by WebFaction. Try to find a bad word about WebFaction online, you probably can't, and virtually every amenity imaginable is at the site's fingertips thanks to WebFaction. Site wide search should be back in short order, and my life will be made a lot easier at every turn. The domain will be transferred over to the Gandi.net (another class act) registrar service asap (for anyone setting up a website; make sure your webhost is a separate entity from your domain registrar or your likely to find yourself in a world of hurt)

However everything is not back 100% yet. But already many features that were made impossible by the previous 2009 host have now returned.

The Megaten Wiki mirror has not yet been transferred over. And some things are in limbo because the site is being split between the WebFaction server and a separate unlimited storage/bandwidth host for downloads. I have yet to decide where to point the comp.digitaldevildb.com subdomain as well.

A number of other pages are not working while I work out how this host does many things slightly differently. The BBS and standard Wordpress features all appear to be in working order however.

Future news will be posted here.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 10:36:03 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 11:58:56 AM »
The Persona 4 manga are back up in all their spendor (http://www.digitaldevildb.com/print/manga/dengeki-maoh-p4/gallery/?vol=3)

I would've really liked to see more volumes and the P3 manga as well, but it's too bad that never took off. If someone can track all the files down I'd post them up without asking permission until asked to take them down.

Next up I think all the Google scripts need to be tracked down and removed... what a pain in the ass face15

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 01:45:20 PM »
Hmm, burrowed through Gekkoukan High's old site with archive.org and found the mediafire/megaupload/sharebee links to the P3 manga chapters :3 Not sure if uploading to the comp ftp is possible yet? [Unless I'm interpreting your previous post wrong? XD] I think the only reason I wasn't keeping up with this manga myself was because I was still playing the game at the time and didn't feel like getting spoiled ^^; [I hope most of these links still work ^^;]

[2007.10.14] Prologue (Piece 00)
Megaupload | MediaFire

[2007.11.30] Piece 01
Megaupload | MediaFire

[2007.12.06] Piece 02
Megaupload | MediaFire

[2007.09.05] Piece 03
Megaupload | MediaFire

[2007.12.06] Volume 01 Complete  (Chapitre Un)
While this is a GHS release, Piece 00 (Prologue), and Piece 03 were joints between us and Starry Heaven.
Megaupload | MediaFire

[2007.12.20] Piece 04
Megaupload | MediaFire

[2007.12.24] Piece 05
Megaupload | MediaFire

[2007.12.25] Piece 06
Megaupload | MediaFire

[2008.01.07] Perspective 1
Megaupload | MediaFire

[2008.01.07] Piece 07
Megaupload | MediaFire

[2008.01.07] Piece 08
Megaupload | MediaFire | ShareBee

[2008.02.08] Piece 09

[2008.02.08] Piece 09 v2

[2008.04.07] Piece 10
Megaupload | MediaFire

[2008.04.07] Perspective 1.5
Megaupload | MediaFire

[2008.04.23] Perspective 2
Megaupload | MediaFire

Starry Heaven has squat uploaded on their site, so this is all I've got to offer for now ^^;

The gate is open; it's time to raise some Hell!

Jessicat has 181 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 01:27:49 PM »
If you have all of these downloaded it would be much easier on me if they were uploaded to the comp subdomain (I will make that work again asap if need be) ...the upload hosts are a real pain to work with.

I'm so busy with free time projects lately, but I'm going to get the site index/search working again hopefully by this weekend.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 07:06:29 PM »
I think comp.digitaldevildb.com should be working again (soon) ...It will take up to 48hrs though for the DNS overrides to sink in for sure.

EDITED: Aaaaaah I think it should be working immediately actually. I hadn't realized you'd moved some links under jessicat_etc... (I have not yet personally tested the ftp login however)

http://comp.digitaldevildb.com/jessicat_img/scan_Cerberus.PNG

« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 08:04:02 PM by yksehtniycul »

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 12:39:29 AM »
Okay, so should I just reupload each piece [a couple are a bit redundant, like volume 1 w/starry heaven & ch9 v2], or throw them all into one zip/rar/thing and upload it like that? Or extract and upload each image/page [are you going to put up the P3 manga for reading like the P4 one?]

And on the topic of manga, I've got the first chapter of the devil children red&black manga translated somewhere too [I heard there were more chapters done, but was only available on irc; i hate irc, it's just more work involved to find a file XD]

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 12:48:48 AM »
Sure whatever manga/books you have I will try to get up asap. Just give me some info on what we should call it / who to thank (give credit to) for the translation work. Its preferable you upload this zips, though not a big deal as long as the images are kept in their own folders per book. I just honestly couldn't bear to go thru the "MegaUpload" process for all those downloads (if you don't already have the downloads handy really you don't have to put yourself out unless you wanna for "everyone" reading the website)

Btw, this (http://www.digitaldevildb.com/search/?q=Atlus) is getting there.... still working on the right filter to keep out unwanted pages (like all the different language pages etc) ...and the next page arrows aren't working / lot's of other stuff that could use some polish and advance search.

I put the wiki pages back to scraping megamitensei.wikia.com until something comes up.

Oh and just to gloat/veer offtopic: tonight I finally got around to putting this PS2 with a hdd/network adapter I picked up almost last year to work. I can upload games (any region/"backups") over the network to the harddrive and play it almost like Playstation Network games. Still have to get up and hit the power button!! To celebrate I'm thinking about maybe giving "SMT3:N MANIAX:Chronicle Edition" *catches breath* a shot (never given Nocturne a fair chance) ...or I might see what odd thing I can think to dl first rolleyes

PS: I guess we could take down the "Please note the following search results probably do not constitute the complete or most recent content available from digitaldevildb.com. We're working to provide better and alternative ways of finding old and new content. " disclaimer on the search page now.... this new system will be really great. But I'll probably have to come up with a new one warning about slow response times or failure seeing how the new "Google" server is just a remote commercial cable server (in town) I use for P2P and stuff!!

« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 12:58:47 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 02:50:00 AM »
I spent the entire afternoon and evening sorting out what on earth was wrong with the MIP demonary... but anyway probably 6hrs later it has been restored to it's former glory (http://www.digitaldevildb.com/construction/persona/)

I'm honestly not sure how it was left in that state, or if I was working on overhauling it when the website last went up in smoke or what. If I was it's safe to say I finally finished what I started. The demonary is here (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=piKSlpkg0llAny-VoXNRkKQ&hl=en) for anyone who missed out on that action *leers at Jessicat*

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 03:03:28 PM »
PS: I think the javascript code file the page is using must not be the freshest one I have. The latest version has to be on my computer surely, so I will just find/upload that asap (could be after Xmas blows over)

cj iwakura
The Rhythm Rogue

MaleView Profile Email
cjiwakura@hotmail.com cjiwakurax
The Rhythm Rogue
cj iwakura phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 11:28:24 AM »
So hey, I'm still willing to help with news updated and the like if need be. Just saying.

cj iwakura has 9 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #10 on: December 25, 2009, 06:38:28 PM »
Please don't hesitate... you can wear my site savior crown if you can do that for us/everyone biggrin

You just need a WordPress account (with the website/front page/not WordPress.org) if you don't already. I'm going to make Contributor the default role or whatever for newly registered people and give Contributors virtually all privileges other than self-publishing maybe before the night ends. If you already have a WordPress account, let me know your login name so I can make sure you have the privileges you need. You can make a matching NEWS: thread in this board though and get started, since we insist authors also do that before their post gets published on the front page.

Also if you add a graphic please use the forum attachment feature so we have a hard copy. I had a bit of trouble tracking down some graphics that had deadlinked or been lost the last time we lost control of the webhost (won't happen again... the website is officially rock steady now)

PS: If you feel like you need an editor I bet Jessicat will give you a hand. I think she will have post publishing privileges soon (she already has global pre-published editing I think)

« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 06:42:10 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #11 on: December 25, 2009, 07:11:05 PM »
FYI: Everyone is a Contributor now with the ability to write posts/pages/and upload to the WordPress Media Library. If anyone makes a new account (http://www.digitaldevildb.com/wp-login.php?action=register) they will be too. Your pages/posts/media will exist in the database but someone with privileges still has to review/publish them before they will appear on the website. You can probably still link to your media, like in the forums, if you'd prefer to do that than attachment/hotlink.

If you guys notice any new powers you have that seem to overreaching let me know. I might've enabled something I shouldn't have.

PS: Please disable the "Visual Editor" option in your WordPress control panel if you're going to write posts. That causes a lot of nightmare for me and presumably our editors. Eventually I intend to make that feature unaccessible to everyone.

PPS: If/when you feel like your stuff is ready to  be published, you need to change its status to "Pending Review" so our staff will be able to notice it/know you're ready without too much hassle. This feature seems to be missing (hopefully temporarily) from current versions of WP but I don't think we'll be upgrading anytime soon, and hopefully it will be put back by then smokin

« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 07:13:50 PM by yksehtniycul »

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 11:54:28 AM »
If you have all of these downloaded it would be much easier on me if they were uploaded to the comp subdomain (I will make that work again asap if need be) ...the upload hosts are a real pain to work with.

I'm so busy with free time projects lately, but I'm going to get the site index/search working again hopefully by this weekend.
Hiya, just a little update, I uploaded the p3 manga chapters in zip form on the comp; pretty much all the chapters except 9v1, because the second one is better anyways XD

Also found out that there really is only one chapter of the devil children manga released, though in my search I found someone who had the english script for it... I've also seen german editions on ebay, wonder how good their translations were [sadly I'm still pretty much monolingual ^^;]

Dunno if you've been to the Romhacking Aerie site, seems they have a few SMT related translation projects in the works.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 05:56:14 PM »
I'm afraid I don't get around much for Megaten... I suppose I sort of just wait for people to bring stuff back here biggrin

I think I prefer reading wikis and guides probably more than playing the games themselves anymore.

I will get the manga you have up asap (pretty soon I think) ...You might wanna hang around in case I need any coaching.

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: