DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:42:54 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The NEW Reincarnation (2009) (Read 26760 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 06:03:41 AM »
Here's the last word from Google:

Hello,

Thanks for providing us with additional information. However, after
thoroughly reviewing your account data and taking your feedback into
consideration, we've re-confirmed that your account poses a significant
risk to our advertisers. For this reason, we're unable to reinstate your
account. Thank you for your understanding.

As a reminder, if you have any questions about your account or the actions
we've taken, please do not reply to this email. You can find more
information by visiting
https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=57153 .

I was so naive, I always thought Google was like the paragon of the benevolent mega corporation, but news flash... and after some research... Google makes Microsoft look like Santa Clause. We were the model site as far as Google's Adsense is concerned, I invested a ton of time learning the ins and outs of that system, and it waits until we're about to get payed out (in 100$ increments) to audit us or whatever and disable our shit. It took like a whole year. And of course if you click on that infernal little link there is nothing in that FAQ we've violated, and they Google refuses to tell anyone ever why it does anything. In fact if you have a "Google Checkout" account, they take the money for the stuff you're selling, and if they cancel you're account keep the money it was holding and leave you to honor your customers purchases.

Maybe Google is the Beast of Revelation(s) ...I freaking don't know. But anyway, there will be two prominent pages under the digitaldevildb.com About page. One will be "Burn in Hell Hostpapa", and the out will be "Google Is Evil"... this site is gonna have to be more socially conscious I think. No reason why Megaten fans can't be progressive too.

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 11:56:01 AM »
Oh, I restrained myself from spamming around since I wasn't sure if the bbs would rollback again ^^;
Are we going to add some news about p3portable? [yet another rendition, lol]
And ew, so google got their ads floating around for free since you can't claim the $ made by clicks? Lame. Are there any other options? Maybe you could use the affiliate programs at yesasia/play-asia/other online shops. Just trying to throw some ideas around

The gate is open; it's time to raise some Hell!

Jessicat has 181 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 09:16:52 PM »
My plans are to keep the space for advertising. Though we could try to make it more like pseudo-advertising. I'm not sure what we can stick in there for now though (it's the least of our problems)

Speaking of which... I'm gonna have to remove my sig cause we lost the IMAGINE database it linked to.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 02:38:02 PM »
I am uploading a newer version of the bbs theme and the newest backup of the bbs' attachment folder. It's possible some attachment/avatars added since the website was moved could be overwritten or made to appear missing.

The domain transfer still does not appear to have been finalized, I'm not sure how many days it's been since we were told 5~7 but it should be soon at any rate.

PS: Some theme images might be missing until I can hand point them to this new/temporary website address.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 02:39:50 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 01:10:18 AM »
Ok, from what I am able to understand the domain is back in place and we are just waiting for the dns to propagate around the internet.

If we're not back at digitaldevildb.com within 24~48hrs I don't know what is not right. Technically you could reach us from that address at any second...

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #20 on: August 28, 2009, 06:14:18 PM »
The domain has been transferred for a couple days now, however for some reason nothing has ever worked properly throughout this entire ordeal and I've been fielding support tickets to try to get the host to set everything up correctly.

I honestly don't understand this hosts business model. At like 6$ a month they've probably already spent anywhere from 30~100$ or more on us. The shear number of support tickets is just absurd. With all the tasks that require manual intervention, to pay for the support and technical staff is going to be well over 6$ a month.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 06:15:53 PM by yksehtniycul »

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: