DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:13:17 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona 5 "exclusive" for PS3? (Read 14922 times)
Neclord X

View Profile Email
RAOU
Neclord X phones it in,
 « on: July 22, 2009, 07:45:39 AM »
What appears to be an accidental announcement from a pachinko industry publication holds that “a consumer announcement of PS3 exclusive Persona 5 is scheduled.”

The mention is slipped in with the industry announcement surrounding a Megami Tensei themed pachinko machine, so it seems unlikely to be an outright fabrication, though of course it could be genuinely mistaken, and it will almost certainly turn out to be “mistaken” and quietly excised.

Still, that the new Persona game will be initially released on the PS3 seems virtually a given considering the platform history of the Megami Tensei series, so this news is none too shocking, though certainly timely after the disappointing lack of a next generation Persona 4.

So it seems confirmed, P5 in "exclusive" for ps3.

But on the other side, all we know how the word "exclusive" lost all his meaning years ago.

In any case, good news...isn it?

27 RunesSuikoden Spanish Site.

Neclord X has 2 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 09:59:01 AM »
By now, I'm really happy with the upcoming game, but it would be cool if we could get a PS3 release of any Megaten game. But not sure if they should keep producing Persona games, I think they should give it a little bit of time and focus on developing SMT4.

BTW, that announcement was corrected by the same "pachinko stuff" page, if I'm not wrong. What I mean is, we better not start making ideas of a Persona 5 game if Strange Journey is just around the corner. But who knows, though. rolleyes

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 12:35:35 PM »
I've been picking at Raidou a little lately. I really like it's more realistic visuals, and the fact that it doesn't look completely out of this world (unlike all the other games the last several years) ...I kinda get the impression that Raidou was a warm up for P3 type graphics for a classic Megaten game. Persona on the other hand has been going down an increasingly more anime road (even though Nocturne definitely dove off in an abstract artistic direction as well)

Still, even if P5 is slated for the PS3, it would really demonstrate Atlus priorities if a Persona game was the first to hit the PS3. Though Atlus has a tradition of it's first games on a new console being from one of the gaiden series, but Persona has been around for a while now. Usually the first game inaugurates a new series altogether, which is why Strange Journey might've seemed more likely to touch base on the PS3.

I thought P3 was Atlus' slickest game yet, but I just can't seem to commit to playing it because I feel like using the Nocturne devils as Personae totally sucked all the life out of the game. That and the weak system around developing Personae. I would've rather there only been a small set of original Personae to all those devils used that way. It just didn't work when the rest of the game is so original. I mean, the original Personae (Orpheus) is hardly worth using, just a pain to keep leveled up, while you have a bunch of generic devils that you've seen time and again that just don't fit. What's the point really.

PS: I hope the next SMT game is SMTIII and not SMTIV. Would be fitting for the PS3 after all (not that I much care about the SMT series)

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: