DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:47:14 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEWS: SMT: Strange Journey confirmed for Nintendo DS (Read 29868 times)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 03:14:06 PM »
Well it's true that all the images I post for the news in here are from my blog's, but now that you mention it, I don't have the backup of the entire library of my blog. I'll be saving all those files on my comp for backup purpose while we figure out an account in some place to store them. Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, I don't plan to remove/delete the files on my blog, so I guess is good to say that the files are safe and sound for now. rolleyes

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 05:35:40 PM »
Looks like there's more info sprouting around the 'net already. Silconera has a more detailed article than most of the other "it's for DS" posts XD
as for me, of course the one day my dad offers a ride home his phone crashes and takes over an hour for tech support to fix. If I knew that... Well, I'd have been home a while ago ^^; sorry for the delay, maybe Emilio could check out a few more sources and expand the article a bit in the meantime? ^^;

The gate is open; it's time to raise some Hell!

Jessicat has 181 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 09:46:13 PM »
I'm gonna flesh this out since more info's become available, hope you don't mind Emilio :p

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, the next title of the Megaten franchise, has been confirmed to be a game in development for Nintendo's portable console, the Nintendo DS. Megami Ibunroku Devil Survivor's success was a big hit, and appears to have inspired Atlus to develop their next game for the same console. This time around, Kazuma Kaneko himself will take the lead as the character & devil designer and producer. Other development team members include:

Director: Eiji Ishida
Scenario: Shogo Isogai
Composer: Shoji Meguro

However, pictures speak louder than words; here are a few scans from the latest Famitsu magazine:

The story? You are a soldier enlisted as a member of a group of explorers [mainly scientists and other soldiers,] sent to investigate the dimensional rift at the south pole. There are 4 distinct crews in this exploration team, each in a different ship: Red Sprite No. 1's crew are the commanders; Blue Jet No. 2 & and Gigantic No. 4 specialize in battle, and Elves No. 3 are scientists.
In order to survive in this alternate realm, the scientists have created Demonica Suits; armor that improve abilities and can be customized. Allied explorers will also play a part in the story; you cannot win alone. Your interactions with your teammates will affect the progression of the story.

With approximately 300 demons, including some new designs by Kaneko never seen before, battles will be far from dull. These demons will be obtainable as allies mainly through negotiation and fusion. Allied devils will also be able to give you quests to find rare items, as well as perform combo attacks with allied or other teammates' demons.

The game will be released on October 8th 2009 in Japan; no scheduled release date is confirmed elsewhere as of yet. It will be a Nintendo DS first-person view RPG with a retail price of 6,279Y. No word yet on any "innovative" stylus/touch screen functions. This game does not have a "IV" anywhere in it's name, so this is not the "next-gen" SMT game fans have been waiting for, but looks to be a fantastic entry to the Shin Megami Tensei series regardless.

The teaser website is to be replaced by the actual official website soon, so be ready to visit once it's open to the public.

Sources: Silconera, Wii @ Everyday, Atlus USA forum, and wherever Emilio got his info XD

*edit* Not sure how to post the article on the news just yet, still trying to figure out wordpress ^^;;; should I include the sources? o.O

« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 10:28:56 PM by Jessicat »

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 11:13:51 PM »
okay, submitted but not posted; I don't think I can do that ^^;
Didn't list the sources though. Also fixed up a bit of text [I'm nit-picky XD] and coding to make the article look better than the one up there, [I don't plan on purging my PB, so no worries about that :p]

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 02:00:27 PM »
Right now only I can publish stuff (make things appear on the website)  smokin

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 02:17:29 PM »
I noticed you made smaller versions of the scans for the post layout. I took out the alt attributes (they were all set to "null") and added lightbox functionality by adding the rel="lightbox-..." attribute.

I apologize if it seems like we're taking too long to get this on the front page, but I'd rather we get things right first. This is more like a time-capsule site than a breaking news sort of gig.

Anyway, Jessicat, you're an editor, and this is Emilio's post, so instead of authoring your own post, you should find Emilio's and edit his. You should find it in the "Pending Review" area. You will need to move the stuff from the post you made into his. Also keep in mind his post is probably divided up into English and Spanish via special tags that look like [lang_en].

If you can really help us by taking over the management of posts (leaving me free to focus on technology type stuff) some best practices are to make sure paragraphs are wrapped in <p> tags, and when breaking up multilingual articles, put like all the stuff before the graphic or whatever above it in all the different languages. Then put the graphic, then move on to the next section(s).

Once you've worked this out, let me know.

PS: We're not using tags. We have categories. I have a plan for the tag feature, but we don't need to use them in posts. I wish I could keep contributors from making them, but I haven't been able to  (without some hacking at least)

@EMILIO: Jessicat seems to have added some stuff, so you might need to let us know what we should add to the Spanish translation to make it match up.

PS: If you all would rather I just jump in and get this article up asap, let me know.

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 05:11:46 PM »
Emilio seems to have disappeared off of the face of the planet, so I added a bit more info to make it more informative sweatdrop And the scans were gigantic, so I did that to make it work instead. Sorry! [I think I only saw the Spanish one on the wordpress list though?]
I dunno if he's around to see that one I posted above to translate it into Spanish. I can re-iterate his english article, but it doesn't sound complete somehow [no offense Emilio, maybe I'm just using the wrong words, lol]

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 06:16:58 PM »
Yeah, I appreciate making the thumbnails.

Emilo's post will have Spanish and English in it. You might've thought it was Spanish because the Spanish comes first. We put all the different languages in the same post for news. For pages the different languages go in different posts.

I will publish it before Emilio has a chance to translate the new stuff you've added. I just gave him the heads up so he do that when he can.

In the meantime please try to study Emilio's post some more and see if you can't edit his English translation from within his own post ok!

PS: You'll get the hang of it fast I think. And you don't seem like the sort of waster flake that just shows up and disappears, so thanks! redface

« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 06:21:39 PM by yksehtniycul »

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #23 on: July 23, 2009, 09:19:20 PM »
Sorry, I was busy doing some college things. I already translate Jessicat's entry, but for some reason I'm not able to edit my entry, even though I was the one who made it. Here's the post:

Quote from: Wordpress
[lang_en]<u>Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey</u>, the next title of the <u>Megaten franchise</u>, has been confirmed to be a game in development for Nintendo's portable console, the <u>Nintendo DS</u>. Megami Ibunroku Devil Survivor's success was a big hit, and appears to have inspired Atlus to develop their next game for the same console. This time around, <u>Kazuma Kaneko</u> himself will take the lead as the character & devil designer and producer. Other development team members include:

However, pictures speak louder than words; here are a few scans from the latest Famitsu magazine:

The story? You are a soldier enlisted as a member of a group of explorers [mainly scientists and other soldiers,] sent to investigate the dimensional rift at the south pole. There are 4 distinct crews in this exploration team, each in a different ship: Red Sprite No. 1's crew are the commanders; Blue Jet No. 2 & and Gigantic No. 4 specialize in battle, and Elves No. 3 are scientists.
In order to survive in this alternate realm, the scientists have created Demonica Suits; armor that improve abilities and can be customized. Allied explorers will also play a part in the story; you cannot win alone. Your interactions with your teammates will affect the progression of the story.

With approximately 300 demons, including some new designs by Kaneko never seen before, battles will be far from dull. These demons will be obtainable as allies mainly through negotiation and fusion. Allied devils will also be able to give you quests to find rare items, as well as perform combo attacks with allied or other teammates' demons.

The game will be released on <u>October 8th 2009 in Japan</u>; no scheduled release date is confirmed elsewhere as of yet. It will be a <u>Nintendo DS</u> first-person view RPG with a retail price of 6,279Y. No word yet on any "innovative" stylus/touch screen functions. This game does not have a "IV" anywhere in it's name, so this is not the "next-gen" SMT game fans have been waiting for, but looks to be a fantastic entry to the Shin Megami Tensei series regardless.

The <a href="http://new.atlusnet.jp/">teaser website</a> is to be replaced by the actual official website soon, so be ready to visit once it's open to the public.[/lang_en]

[lang_es]

<u>Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey</u>, el siguiente título de la <u>franquicia de Megaten</u>, ha sido confirmado como un juego en desarrollo para la consola portátil de Nintendo, el Nintendo DS. El éxito de Megami Ibunroku Devil Survivor fue un gran hit, y parece que inspiro a Atlus con el desarrollo del siguiente juego en la misma consola. Esta ves, <u>Kazuma Kaneko</u> tomará el cargo como diseñador de demonios y personajes así como el rol de productor. Otros miembros del equipo de desarrollo incluyen:

Escenario: Shogo Isogai
Compositor: Shoji Meguro

Como sea, las imágenes valen más que las palabras; aquí hay unos cuantos scans del último número de la revista Famitsu:

La historia? Eres un soldado enlistado como miembro de un grupo de exploradores [principalmente científicos y otros soldados] que son enviados a investigar una fisura de dimensión en el Polo Sur. Hay 4 diferentes tripulantes en el equipo de exploración, cada uno en diferente barco: Red Sprite No. 1 es donde residen los comandantes; Blue Jet No. 2 y Gigantic No. 4 tripulado por expertos en combate, y Elves No. 3 son los científicos.
Para poder sobrevivir en esta realidad alternativa, los científicos han creado el Demonica Suits; armaduras que incrementan las habilidades humanas y que pueden ser modificadas. Los exploradores aleados también juegan un papel importante en la historia; no podrás ganar solo. Las interacciones que tengas con tus compañeros afectarán el progreso de la historia.

Con aproximadamente 300 demonios, incluyendo nuevos diseños de Kaneko nunca antes vistos, las batallas serás mas aya de insípidas. Estos demonios podrán ser reclutados como aleados a través de negociaciones y fusiones de los mismo. Demonios aleados serán capaces de darte misiones para obtener items raros, así como para realizar ataques en equipo con aleados u otros demonios integrantes del grupo.

El juego será lanzado el <u>8 de Octubre de 2009 en Japón</u>; aún no se ha anunciado ninguna fecha de lanzamiento para ningún otro lado. Será un juego de RPG en primera persona de <u>Nintendo DS</u> con un precio de 6,279Y. No hay mención de alguna "innovadora" función del Stylus. Este juego no tiene ningún "IV" en el nombre, por lo que no es el juego de SMT de siguiente generación que los fans han estado esperando, pero parece fantástico hacia las series de Shin Megami Tensei sin duda.

El <a href="http://new.atlusnet.jp/">sitio del teaser</a> será reemplazado con la página oficial muy pronto, así que prepárense para visitarla cuando este abierta al público.

[/lang_es]

Btw, sorry guys, for screwing the news with my not so good English frown At least I can't screw my spanish translations.

PS: It looks like I was able to edit my post after all. I already sent it to revision.

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #24 on: July 23, 2009, 10:07:19 PM »
Aw, it's okay Emilio, English is pretty much wtf unless you're hatched learning it [and as a result, it is infinitely more difficult to learn any other language except for maybe German XD *is mono-lingual* ^^;] I just added a bit more info and changed the scans around, sorry for totally maiming your post [more info came out since after you left, lol]
And I think I need a wordpress faq XD so I know what I'm doing before I implode the news or something ^^;

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #25 on: July 23, 2009, 10:51:27 PM »
Maybe this helps you a little bit,  Jessicat.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 10:54:18 PM by Emilio Morales »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #26 on: July 23, 2009, 11:07:13 PM »
Almost there... the graphics seems to be missing from Emilio's post (really Jessicat's post should be deleted once everything is moved over)

And do we have a Spanish title in all of this somewhere or what?

Btw: I know it seems unnecessary, but please make a habit of sticking <p></p> around your paragraphs, and <br /> after lines like:

I get tired of adding those in, and let's just say it's part of the editors job, but the author should do it themselves if they know better.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #27 on: July 23, 2009, 11:42:13 PM »
Oh! Come on! I'm busy with other things and I forgot to add those tags. And I know you already making a lot (so do I, adding news to this site) but I leave the images to you or Jessicat if she's able to do it.

The translation for that title will be: SMT: Viaje Extraño esta siendo desarrollado para Nintendo DS (if that's the title that will be staying)

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #28 on: July 24, 2009, 12:09:08 AM »
Well Jessicat put a lot of work into the graphics layout, so I'll leave it to her to finalize everything.

After a while I will probably cut the post in half so it takes up less space in the archives...

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #29 on: July 24, 2009, 06:32:28 AM »
oh crud, ok it's published CecilD_crouch
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 06:35:21 AM by yksehtniycul »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: